Thread: Elvis with gray hair?

Elvis with gray hair?

I have read several accounts of Elvis having either a little or a lot of gray hair towards the end of his life. Just wondering if any of you know more about this and I'm also wondering if there are any pictures out there showing this, even if it shows just a little. I have seen a few pics where you could tell there was a few roots in his sideburns that were gray.

Coming On Strong
    You just have to look at Vernon to see Elvis most likely would have turned grey quite early in his life. There are pics out there with a little grey coming through at the temples in 70`s live shots.

I'm sure as well that Elvis had gray hair fairly early in his life like his dad as that's a genetic thing.

I've never seen a photo where it shows any gray hair on Elvis though and would love to see one if someone has it.

Diane

Backstage Pass
    I have heard the same thing but have never seen it. If he was still alive today i bet he would cover his grey hair like alot of people do. I do LOL

I saw pictures from mazs yo u can see grey on this sideburns, I got on me I'm 46 now, I was 42, I had lot
    Tom

Lol Shelly, so do I. I know I'm totally gray but have never seen it - don't want to - no little old blue haired permed lady look for me as long as I can help it.

I would really love to see a photo of Elvis showing some gray though. I think he would look great with it but I'm sure as Tom said, he would have continued to dye his hair - nothing wrong with that!

Diane

I recall vaguely a story about how Elvis had not dyed his hair for a while in between tours and it was snow white. I can't remember who told this story or where I heard it. Who ever it was said they told Elvis it looked cool. Elvis said well maybe I'll leave it like this-but the next time he saw Elvis it was dyed even blacker than usual. Wish I could remember for sure who told this. Ronny Tutt comes to mind but not sure. The memory is the first to go they say.

Heres A picture, you can see the grey in his sideburns !
    Enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails elvisaneheim2.jpg  

But, I don't see any gray in his chest hair. It's usually there too.

Elvis with gray hair

Most people may NOT know that fair haired people gray MUCH earlier than dark haired people.
    So with this in mind...Elvis being a DISHWATER BLOND, It would stand to reason.
    Jody Tatum from Kissin Cousins would have been likely the closest to what Elvis would have really looked like.
    If it "ROCKS", roll with IT.........
    If it "ROLLS", rock IT!

Thank you for posting the pictures Danny and Danielle. Yes, I can see the white in his sideburns in those. I think if Elvis hadn't gained the weight the white hair might compliment his looks but at that time it would have added to his aging unhealthy look. He was smart to keep it dyed.

He would have been loved either way though.

Diane

From what I've read from books and spoke to Marty Lacker a few times about this in the past and his hair was basically total white like his Dad. There are tons of photos where you could see it. If you look at the photo posted on here, his left sideburn has a complete white streak of white, where his hair grew and was probably hard to keep up with.
    For it to be a completely white streak that would mean that it was totally white.
    Last edited by TCBnAflash; 08-04-2007 at 10:20 PM. Reason: I missed a few words..sorry

Mad Tigers
    I saw Elvis on computer with grey hair,but it was not the real Elvis.Elvis was 42years old as he left his building.His hear and sideburns are black.Perhaps some hairs are grey,but I have never seen it.

Coming On Strong
    The bad side to Elvis and his dyed jet black hair, is that it made him look even more sick and washed out when he did`nt have a good tan towards the end. It never looks so good when you see dyed black hair with the wrong skin tone.

Then again, Elvis had bigger battles on his plate other than getting a sun tan in 76/77.

well all i can say is we all have gray hair at one point in our life and i suppose elvis was no different i think in those pics he dosent look well or at his best he was used to dying his hair so the dye would cover gray any way

To me, that was one of the appeals of Elvis, for all of his superhuman attributes, he experienced the same problems as the rest of us.

The black hair was almost like a trademark, so I guess it was hard to not keep it black. The sad thing is the few people who had seen Elvis with his hair not dyed said he looked great also.