Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was the 1st elvis record you ever bought/got??

What was the 1st elvis record you ever bought/got??

What was the 1st elvis record you ever bought/got

i was given to me on my 5th birthday the elvis golden records tape cd

couldnt stop listining and dancsing to it

I remember this so well it was the double sleeve pink Elvis album way back in the late 70's...I still have it although it is not in very good condition as I played it all the time and my mum bought me the spanish import of Moody Blue from her trip to spain along with Elvis the Gospel album I have them all still and would never part with them.

My mum also had "Dont be Cruel" on acetate and I took it from her room and decided to see what would happen if I hit it on my head ..I was very young at the time...and guess what is broke into four big pieces I hide it under the floor boards for weeks untill she came looking for its whereabouts then I came clean and I can still feel the sting from that smack I got on my legs even now

Susan x
    Yesterday was the past and tomorrow is the future but today is the present ..thats why we call it the gift"

"Never listen to a liar it takes too long to find out the truth and my time is too precious"

"Without you I am only half of me"

My first album was "Elvis is Back" got it in 1961. The first single I bought was Good Luck Charm.

Cadillac King
    I'm not sure. I found him and I bought everything I could afford. I do remember fighting with my Mom because the Aloha album cost too much and she wasn't paying for it. That was the first of many fights about ELvis.

Burning love!and the second "His hand in mine"
    "Man,I just work here"
    EP 1968 ComaBack

45 Jailhouse Rock

WHEN I WAS JUST 9 YEARS OLD, MOM AND DAD HAD SOME ELVIS' SINGLES AND EPS. THEY LET ME HOLD IT, NOT HAVE IT, YET. MY FIRST RECORD FOR KEEPS WAS ELVIS' GOLDEN RECORDS. MOM AND DAD KNEW THAT I WAS SERIOUS ABOUT ELVIS AND LET ME KEEP THEIR 45'S AND THE REST GOT BIGGER IN MY COLLECTION! THE EP MOM AND DAD GO WAS 'LOVE ME TENDER', JAILHOUSE ROCK' AND THE 45'S WERE 'GOOD LUCK CHARM' AND 'THAT'S ALL RIGHT, MAMMA' (NOT SUN). NOW, MY COLLECTION IS HUGE AFTER ALMOST 25 YEARS LATER! SHEILA

Rock'n'On Volume 1, Australian double LP from 1974.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rock.jpg  

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    My mom's Elvis Gold Records vol.2. Wore it out. The first one I got for myself was , or as a present, was Elvis Greatest hits from His movies ( the one with Burning Love on it) wore it out too.
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRITTERGITTER View Post
    I'm not sure. I found him and I bought everything I could afford. I do remember fighting with my Mom because the Aloha album cost too much and she wasn't paying for it. That was the first of many fights about ELvis.
    I almost had the same thing happen but my mom, God bless her, relented and somehow found the money.
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

First 45: Blue Suede Shoes.
    First Album: Elvis In Concert.

...............rickster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    WHEN I WAS JUST 9 YEARS OLD, MOM AND DAD HAD SOME ELVIS' SINGLES AND EPS. THEY LET ME HOLD IT, NOT HAVE IT, YET. MY FIRST RECORD FOR KEEPS WAS ELVIS' GOLDEN RECORDS. MOM AND DAD KNEW THAT I WAS SERIOUS ABOUT ELVIS AND LET ME KEEP THEIR 45'S AND THE REST GOT BIGGER IN MY COLLECTION! THE EP MOM AND DAD GO WAS 'LOVE ME TENDER', JAILHOUSE ROCK' AND THE 45'S WERE 'GOOD LUCK CHARM' AND 'THAT'S ALL RIGHT, MAMMA' (NOT SUN). NOW, MY COLLECTION IS HUGE AFTER ALMOST 25 YEARS LATER! SHEILA
    OOPS! I TYPED IT WRONG...35 YEARS!!

International Level SeeSeeRider777's Avatar
    Elvis Number One Hits when I was like 5.
    "When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books, and I was a hero in the movie. So every dream that I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times. I learned very early in life that without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend; without a song. So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

Roustabouts
    it was elvis golden record volume one on RCA Victor 461 037 ( i still have it ! ), back in 77, probably 2 weeks or so after his death. I was 7. I still see where it was stored in the shop nearby a staircase. My parents didn't like elvis at all. They were pretty upset about my purchase because they had to pay of course !

2 weeks later i wanted "flaming star" on camden, but they didn't want me to buy it at all and i had to wait till my birthday,on october to finally get it ! My 3d one was for Xmas and it was " let's be friends".Camden album too. I used to pick up records according to the quality of their sleeves, back then, since i didn't know about the songs at all ! The only elvis song i heard frequently on radio was "way down", but i taped it on my recorder and never bought the 45, it would have been way too much for my parents health ! lol
    Last edited by laura; 08-05-2007 at 01:14 AM. Reason: typewriting mistakes
    "oh Lord won't you buy me a stutz blackhawk all my friends drive pink cadillacs"

My first record was a casette, it was some kind of a "Best Of", and it didn't have any company written on it. Then, the second one was another casette, Elvis' Golden Records vol 3, and the 3rd album i had was The Very Best Of The King double CD from BMG.

My first cassette i got from Elvis was ... a green plastic back and... i don?t remember the Name.. Burning Love?

I listened to it day by day...i was eight years old...

68` Comeback special and on 45 Don`t be cruel / Hound dog
    [Royalties come and go....... But there is only one man we always call THE KING

First I bought a 45 rpm. It was "Hurt"/"For the Heart" with a picture on the sleeve from the '68 Comeback Show. That was in the summer of 1976.

In the fall of that same year I bought my first album on casette. This was "You Never Walk Alone". It was the only Elvis thing the store had.

Well because i only became a fan in 2005, my first was the Elvis Hit-story and i was very impressed because it had some songs i had never heard of before.
    My collection has grew by day and now it's HUGE ! And still...more to come...

The first Elvis CD I bought was a double CD "The 50 greatest Hits". I didn't know many songs of Elvis before I bought this CD, I had heard another singer sing Elvis songs on a CD of my parents, my mother told me that they were all originally sung by Elvis and so I wanted to hear more from Elvis... that's why I went buying a CD of him

Rising Sun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast