Thread: Graceland Tour Help

Smile Graceland Tour Help

Hi everyone, I am in the process of planning my first trip to Memphis, I was wondering if anyone has been on the Graceland VIP tour?

If anyone has could you please comment on this thread and tell me if it was a good deal or how long the tour lasts? I have been on the Graceland website but it doesnt give many details about the tour, just what it includes

If anyone could help please comment!

Thank you
    Life is beautiful, enjoy every second of it!! And don't forget to love!!

Hi I see this thread was some time ago and you may have already been on the trip but to answer the question I found this clip on youtube that gives you a look at what you might expect to see when you take the VIP tour.When we went to Mmemphis last August we were debating on whether to take the VIP tour but talking to some people that had already been on it we decided it was not worth the money.I would love to know if you did take the tour and what you thought of it.

Susan x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Vky0hEqGk
    Yesterday was the past and tomorrow is the future but today is the present ..thats why we call it the gift"

"Never listen to a liar it takes too long to find out the truth and my time is too precious"

"Without you I am only half of me"

Hi Susan, thanks for posting, I have not been to Memphis yet, we are planning on going Juy 2008. Does the VIP tour actually include the house and areoplanes and exhibits? Or is it just the grounds as seen on the youtube video?

If you could comment back that would be really helpful!

Thank you

Rebby xx

Thank you for posting the link Susan.. it was interesting as I have been to Graceland and never saw that part.. Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Thanks, for posting the link Susan!

I haven't been to Graceland...this clip was great!

franny

Thank you Susan, I've never been to Graceland before and I really enjoyed that bus trip - it was different than anything I've seen on clips before.

Diane

Hi Rebby .....well as far as I know and I am pretty sure about this it includes everything as many times as you wish all day long good for you. Yoy will be overwhelmed by the whole experience even now nearly a year since we went I still can not believe I got to see where Elvis lived see I still looked stunned....here is a write up about the VIP tour...

As an Elvis Entourage VIP Tour guest, you will you will experience a behind-the-scenes glimpse of parts of the Mansion property not available on the standard tour and enjoy special VIP benefits such as:
    • Specially designated shuttle.
    • A keepsake badge that identifies you as our VIP guest.
    • A VIP wristband which gives you all day access on the day of purchase to come and go from the other Graceland attractions and to take the Graceland mansion tour as many times as you want.
    How cool is that...and you can walk around the house and other attractions at your own pace at one time you had to go in groups now they leave you too it....

I hope this helps....

Susan x
    Yesterday was the past and tomorrow is the future but today is the present ..thats why we call it the gift"

"Never listen to a liar it takes too long to find out the truth and my time is too precious"

We went with the Platinum tour. No keepsakes, but we were able to move through the house at our leisure. We didn't have to stay with our group once we got to the house.
    I don't know what "behind the scenes" stuff you get to see on The VIP, though. Might be worth the extra $$.

Thank you for posting that, never seen that part before!

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Thank you, for the great info susan!!!!!!!

I think know I've heard about it, I will have to persuade the parents to go the little extra cash! lol

Thanks for replying, I can't wait to actually see where Elvis lived, where he walked and what he would see even just looking out the windows when he got up!! It will be amazing!

Thanks again for being so helpful!!

Peace out! xxx

Hello Rebby,

Try this web site www.HamptonLandmarks.com for the road trip. In The Kings Footsteps.

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Thanks for that Tommy I really enjoyed looking at that I have never seen this site before.....it is now saved to my favs for my next trip to Memphis and Tupelo

Susan x

I was at Graceland in June 2007 - I got a VIP Package through Hearbreak Hotel which included 1 night stay (we paid to say extra night) and 2 VIP Tour Passes. The VIP is only way to go as far as I am concerned you can go back and forth all day long and you have a special line you stand in to get your VIP Passes - everyone else has to stand in regular line - you are shuttled over in a VIP Shuttle and dropped off and picked up in a VIP Location - not out front like everyone else.....you are also taken around to the back side of the house where the trailers, etc. are and they show you that area too.....VIP is only way to go. If you have any more questions, will be happy to answer, just send me a private message so I'll make sure and see it.....I also have photo's to share but I have no idea how to do that on here....

Oh and Rebby - it does include the airplane exhibit, Elvis After Dark Museum and Elvis Car Museum....all that is included....(it's actually included in all Graceland passes...) but with VIP you can re-enter as many times as you'd like......