Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trouble: says Elvis and Robbie Williams

Talking

Robbie Williams is a great singer/performer!!!
    I like his Elvis prayer thing he does before each performanmce. :worthy:

Haven't watched this clip yet, taking a while to download!!

Elvis is absolutely different class!!! He is FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR BETTER SINGER THAN WILLIAMS! Watch the higher parts of the song! Elvis sung it without any problems, but Robbie wasn?t able to sing it so high! I know only one singer who made Trouble in same (may be better!) quality than Elvis - Ian Gillan.
    (Blackmore - Gillan - Glover - Lord - Paice)
    Sweet child in time
    you?ll see the line
    line that?s drawn between
    good and bad
    see the blind man
    shooting at the world
    bullets flying taking toll
    If you?ve been a bad
    oh Lord I bet you have
    and you?ve not been hit
    by flying led
    you?d better close your eyes
    you?d better bow your head and
    wait for the ricochet

- Lyrics of most beautiful song in rock music ever!!!

well made i like robbie but ELVIS is still NUMBER ONE.voice is much stronger than robbies and far far far better looking.thank you for sharing clip with us.

Steve
    like the video clip;
    Ok Elvis sings it better BUT!!!

Robbie's ok.

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!

You're Welcome

Talking

Of course Elvis is the best!!! That's a given. But I still like Robbie.

I am sorry but....

I don't mean to step on any toes or bad mouth anothers work, technically speaking, Great work!!!. Robbie however is terrible, there is no way anyone who knows anything about music can possibly say this guy can sing.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wall400
    I don't mean to step on any toes or bad mouth anothers work, technically speaking, Great work!!!. Robbie however is terrible, there is no way anyone who knows anything about music can possibly say this guy can sing.
    That just makes me wonder how much of Robbies material you have actually listened to!

But people used to say that about Elvis to I supose!!!

:worthy:

Someone in the fandom trying to wind up our sam?

KEV.
    HELLO,I MUST BE GOING.

SAM...it"s been a privilege to be called your best mate.17.03.55 - 24.01.08

http://www.gould68.freeserve.co.uk/HankGarlandBio.html

It was not the intention to show how good or bad Robbie is it's just a fun thing I saw it at a friend of mine ,he edited it himself...my first response was I must show this to my TCB board friends....Just enjoy things made by fans it's always done with all the love for the kings music....

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by sam
    That just makes me wonder how much of Robbies material you have actually listened to!

But people used to say that about Elvis to I supose!!!
    :worthy:

Answering for myself: too much <BARF>
    I come from a family where music is very important and where many sing quite well, with or without vocal training. Some in my family have operatic backgrounds, others stage (as in cabaret), two made it into (be it not long lived) music groups and even now some of my relatives are in locally well known bands. We all know good singing when presented with it, as do we know bad or average singing.

I don't like to judge people simply because I have a very negative gut feeling about them. So I watched Robbie's special where he did the big band thing, I watched several specials MTV did on him, I watched him on talk shows where he'd do one or two songs, be it lip synch or live, and even way before that I had experienced his "singing" during his Take That period.

The boy is at best a VERY average singer. He has a very limited range and a very limited sound (i.e.: he expresses different moods in volume as opposed to actual expression through use of vocal techniques. And one doesn't need to have had vocal training for this, because Elvis could do it and did not have any vocal training either).

That he even thought he could do swing with a big band behind him says a lot about how overly confidend he is about his own qualities. Sinatra is NOT my fave singer, I think his voice had a scratchy irritating quality to it and his range was such that it often sounded like he wasn't going to make a note, but he was able to interpret songs even with his vocal limitations through use of diction and pauses. Sinatra is renowned for his great interpretive skills. But Robbie does not even have that.

So: Robbie is one in thousands and there's many, MANY unknowns singing their hearts out in their bathrooms that beat Robbie hands down as far as talent goes.

$ thats the only note Sinatra could hold.For me,the most over rated singer,off all time.

Just a view.

KEV.
    HELLO,I MUST BE GOING.

SAM...it"s been a privilege to be called your best mate.17.03.55 - 24.01.08

http://www.gould68.freeserve.co.uk/HankGarlandBio.html

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by iamhekev
    $ thats the only note Sinatra could hold.For me,the most over rated singer,off all time.

Just a view.

KEV.

LOL, you may be right there, Kev Every time somebody would sing Sinatra's praise on TV and call him "The Voice" or "The best singer of the 20th century" at my home we all just roll our eyes and start naming relatives, or other singers like Elvis, Streisand, Callas, Bocelli or Dion who'd be much more deserving of those titles.
    My toes curl up in my shoes especially when listening for instance to the last verse and chorus of his "signature" song "My Way" "is he going to make it?" Well, barely

Robbie has certain things in common with Elvis ...he's a singer...an all round entertainer who has won the hearts of millions of fans around the world..you cannot argue with that,

Personally I love him to bits and I think this version of trouble with Elvis and Robbie is absolutely fantastic!.....God job! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
    Elvis grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can
    and the wisdom to know the difference

Angry for the love of God!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee
    Elvos, friend:

Well, I watched it

First off: BRILLIANTLY DONE :worthy:

Now this piece of art proves only that little gnome Williams bit off more than it could chew. The boy is not even in the same species, let alone the same league as Elvis. The biggest annoyance with Mr. Williams is the fact that he tries to present himself with supposed self depreciating humor, except his eyes tell the true story: that he's really rather infatuated with himself. <BARF>

So: ACE clip, excellent talent vs pitiful wannabe

cherokee...Let me ask you something about your post...

does it annoy you if you read of hear something about Elvis that is totally wrong and inaccurate & quite down right rude?...and the only reason why the person making these remarks is because they simply dont understand the music and in many ways the attraction?

well please take no offence but you have just mirrored/resembled that same situation almost perfectly with your remarks on Robbie of whom I am indeed a fan of...come on other Robbie fans !!! back me up!!

thanks

I think Elvis would have liked Robbie also

p.s sorry im not in the best of moods today ...after a few arguments so things are really ******* BEEP me off!!!!

International Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishthistle
    cherokee...Let me ask you something about your post...

does it annoy you if you read of hear something about Elvis that is totally wrong and inaccurate & quite down right rude?...and the only reason why the person making these remarks is because they simply dont understand the music and in many ways the attraction?

well please take no offence but you have just mirrored/resembled that same situation almost perfectly with your remarks on Robbie of whom I am indeed a fan of...come on other Robbie fans !!! back me up!!

thanks

I think Elvis would have liked Robbie also

p.s sorry im not in the best of moods today ...after a few arguments so things are really ******* BEEP me off!!!!
    Girl, you have every right to be beeped off, actually just as much as I do.
    If you'd read my argumentation in the other posts about Mr. Williams and his peers, you would see that I do not criticize purely based on my personal taste or as I literally said "my personal gut feeling about someone".
    I NEVER criticize before having studied and analyzed whether my criticizm of whatever subject or person is in some way validated. In other words: I never criticize "without knowing about or understanding"
    I do not believe the criticizm I uttered was false OR rude, nothing needed to be "bleeped" from my personal opinion.
    I will go as far as to say that a lot is based on personal taste, but in the case of Mr. Williams as well as many (especially) contempararies of his, criticizm about their abilities IS founded. Not because I say, feel or think so, but because people with professional knowledge of the art of singing concluded so.

Many of todays stars were "marketed" first, that is through being put together as a boy band or sought out by PR/record label combos in search of a new "potential idol" (long before the program "Idols" became a formula), before it was even established they could sing!

In the olden days it was completely the other way around: everybody started underground, somewhere on the back of a truck, in a cellar, or some local fair first performing, then went through countless performances, tours and what have you, building their craft before anyone ever took notice.
    That way they could actually become solid and well rounded as artists first, before being awarded a chance to make a professional career out of it.
    These days it all seems to go backwards: image and marketing first, then later you learn to perform.
    If the likes of Roy Orbinson or a Mel Torme would be young these days I doubt if they would have been able to build such stellar careers as Mr. Williams, Miss Spears etc. despite having much more vocal talent than them, because these days the overall image comes before the talent.

I am not saying he is the only one or even the least talented one. I'm just saying that these days it is much easier to become a, big, star soon with much less talent but with the right look, than it was several decades ago with much more talent but less looks.

To conclude: no, I don't feel offended, because I did NOT mirror the hypothesis you used as an example.

How can you write robbie williams and Elvis Presley in the same sentence?

Letalone have a 'mock up video' of them together.

Poor Elvis. It is insulting

Thumbs down

here comes Mr .aron to cast his view ,

like i said before this video reminded me how arrogant he is.How ever much you 'like' 'love' robbie williams any blind,deaf,stupid,silly fool can tell elvis is in another league.
    However i know robbie is a popular guy so someone must like him therefore who am i to critize,however i can give my view ,right?

Therefore Scottishthistle,Cherokee had every right to cast her opinions and to slash her for doing so is not nice .Plus another thing which bugged me was how you stated 'I think Elvis would have liked Robbie also' ,im afraid he wouldnt have .

Elvis wasnt a fan of ignorant ,self centred people.He also didnt really take to british performers.I know this as if you read his letter to the president in 1971 he states that british acts such as the beatles come to america to take then go back and let off anti-american views,or something along those lines.Therefore i think he would have give robbie the ,two thumbs down.

Im a young guy and i listen to all the modern music on the market and from a teenage point of view i can tell you its RUBBISH .

Red face

E.L.V.I.S How can you decide what Elvis would or wouldn't have liked?
    Did you ask him? Did you know him personally? hehe

I know Robbie and Elvis aren't alike their style of music is completely different!
    Elvis is on a different level he's the greatest entertainer of all time.

Lords feels as if im being torn into little shreds for standing up for Robbie..sorry for liking him...but im only 20 folks! .........I like all different kinds of music ..my favourite rock bands Queen . I do have some taste!.......honestly!!

Anyways cherokee I do consider your opinion and your free to have that opinion as I do mine.....I was not trying to be offensive in anyway....we after all are all adults here.

ohh come on folks I like Robbie If u dont i dont care........
    but dont criticize me for it......

If you want an argument

I suggest to go

Hug a tree and calm down lol

Anyway this is an Elvis forum

And i never started this thread mentioning robs name .......so dont get on yer high horses lol

Unhappy

hug a tree,lol

im sorry if the anti-robbie has upset you but i always get very defensive of elvis.No i didnt know elvis,wish i did,but i didnt .However from reading a letter he wrote i can tell you he MAYBE would have not liked robbie.Im gonna go get on my high horse and ride to the nearest tree and hug it,lol ....sorry again mate
    Last edited by E.L.V.I.S; 08-12-2004 at 11:11 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast