Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alternate Aloha

Forgive me for using a regional expression in that way! To my ears, the "Steamroller" performance from the rehearsal concert has a fire to it that the actual broadcast version lacked. Both very good performances, but the rehearsal version has that little bit extra that puts it over the top.
    "I can't see my reflection in the water. I can't speak the sounds that show no pain. I can't hear the echo of my footsteps. I can't remember the sound of my own name" - Tomorrow Is A Long Time

I don't think there's much to choose between both shows,they are both fantastic in my eyes.Elvis had his hair cut for the main show because he didn't like the way it looked for the rehearsal,maybe that's why he looked a bit puffier in the face.

Many of the rehearsal performances I actual prefer ie,"Steamroller Blues," "Something" is a very good version, and a rockin' [although short] "Hound Dog" with great, James Burton WAH WAH GUITAR

One of the absolute highlights is, "What Now My Love" just listen to the King's voice - just soar towards the end of the song - this version just pips the main broadcast show.[only just]

Another highlight is, "Fever" this as got to be the best version even though the Aloha main show's is oustanding too."Suspicious Minds" is great also when he does that karate stance at the end.Just fantastic!

"American Trilogy" is a good version and "A Big Hunk O' Love" really rocks even harder on the rehearsal show."I Can't Help Falling In Love" is worth watching for the fantastic cape sequence when Elvis drops to his knees and shows the crowd the cape in all its - iconic American Eagle glory.

Like I said there's not much to choose between the concerts - just enjoy both and roll on the BLU-RAY version.
    Last edited by my boy; 08-03-2007 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nashville cat View Post
    Forgive me for using a regional expression in that way! To my ears, the "Steamroller" performance from the rehearsal concert has a fire to it that the actual broadcast version lacked. Both very good performances, but the rehearsal version has that little bit extra that puts it over the top.

ohh..i understand...yeah..maybe
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

Quote Originally Posted by my boy View Post
    I don't think there's much to choose between both shows,they are both fantastic in my eyes.Elvis had his hair cut for the main show because he didn't like the way it looked for the rehearsal,maybe that's why he looked a bit puffier in the face.

Many of the rehearsal performances I actual prefer ie,"Steamroller Blues," "Something" is a very good version, and a rockin' [although short] "Hound Dog" with great, James Burton WAH WAH GUITAR

One of the absolute highlights is, "What Now My Love" just listen to the King's voice - just soar towards the end of the song - this version just pips the main broadcast show.[only just]

Another highlight is, "Fever" this as got to be the best version even though the Aloha main show's is oustanding too."Suspicious Minds" is great also when he does that karate stance at the end.Just fantastic!

"American Trilogy" is a good version and "A Big Hunk O' Love" really rocks even harder on the rehearsal show."I Can't Help Falling In Love" is worth watching for the fantastic cape sequence when Elvis drops to his knees and shows the crowd the cape in all its - iconic American Eagle glory.

Like I said there's not much to choose between the concerts - just enjoy both and roll on the BLU-RAY version.
    Well said! Just to add a bit, Elvis was literally beaming during the rehearsal show, even my daughter when watching this with me, mentioned his incredible charisma.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123