Closing riff

Label: Diamond Anniversary Editions DAE 3593-3
    Released: 1995
    Sound quality: very good (soundboard)

Date: March 21, 1976 (evening show)

Jumpsuit: Rainfall suit

Reviews: n/a

Pictures: 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cincinatti 21 3 1976 eve1.jpg   Cincinatti 21 3 1976 eve.jpg  
    Last edited by Sonny; 07-06-2008 at 09:01 AM.

Audiosamples:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Perfect CD, bad show

This is clearly one of the best produced disc on the import market. The digipack contains some very good pictures directly from the concert and some additional information about the show. The sound is crystal clear and very well mixed. The only problem is Elvis. He has to restart And I Love You So and forgets the lyrics to Burning Love. And when he tries to read a message to a member of the audience, he seems to have some trouble reading the word from the sheet. His speech is slurred, too and while listening to this concert I got the impression of Elvis being stoned. Neverthenless he is in good voice and some of the songs are performed quite well. But overall it's a forgettable performance.

Thumbs up

Very good show in my opinion. Worth to have in collection.
    Destination deals the cards we're just playing.

Cadillac King
    Orwell 1976-a forgettable performance?!!!!!!!

not only is the sound friggin fantastic, his performance is all right to my ears! sure, he stuffs the words up on those 2 songs u mentioned, but it is a pretty good show going from Steamroller blues onwards. he seems pretty awake to me, but the absolute highlights have to be Hurt and America, now for that, you can't call that a forgettable performace. good performance of Steamroller blues and Polk Salad too

and did i mention the sound is absolutely awesome?

enough said. good sound, good show, not bad at all for the collection
    sincerely, Scott, a 15 year old Elvis fan

prayers to Jackie my auntie in law, and R.I.P Charlie Hodge, both victims of cancer

The sound of the cd is great, no doubt about that! And the artwork is a winner, too. But Elvis' sounds slurred throughout the performance, he forgets the lyrics and has to re-start "And I Love You So". That doesn't mean that his voice is bad or that he didn't perform at least ok. But that seems to be more because he did that job for over two decades, not because of a clear mind....

Nevertheless a great sounding cd!

On top of that, it sounds diff'rent from the other ones, because of the "new" drummer Larry Londin and the "new" piano player Shane Keister.

One hell of a cd!

Sonny

Yup, but it didn't help that night. The Charlotte show was much better, because Elvis was in better shape.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    This show was a good, fun, energetic show with fantastic sound, a very good show put on by Elvis. I agree Orwell1976, the Charlotte show was better in my opinion also but I don't know if Elvis was in better shape or not, but still both are great to have and enjoy in my humble opinion .
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

This is a tape/soundboard that the engineer left to run all the way to the end of the show etc,and the sound is A1.

Nice to have in the collection.
    HELLO,I MUST BE GOING.

SAM...it"s been a privilege to be called your best mate.17.03.55 - 24.01.08

http://www.gould68.freeserve.co.uk/HankGarlandBio.html

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    America The Beautiful never sounded better IMO. The final notes from Elvis are insane, and very well punctuated by Larrie Londin's drums.

I think it's worth noting that LL played drums for Elvis in Cincinnati in '76 and '77, and both were very good shows.

It can't be overstated how good this is for a soundboard recording. I realize there is only so much room for improvement on some recordings, but I don't understand why all aren't given similar enhancements. I guess some people don't like any added reverb, but it gives the otherwise dry, flat sound much more warmth and depth, and sounds more like the way it probably did if you were there.

Hey, isn't there a track or two from this show that is available in stereo on another release...I'm thinking a compilation CD from Bilko or something like that...what was the story on that?
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

International Level
    This was one of his best shows in 1976 a long with New Years Eve Tour...you almost didn't think he was going stop after all these great songs in one show. Great on everything...

I agree with general sentiments but now prefer the superior, upgraded version of that same show, "A New Kind Of Rhythm" on Madison! Wow! What an improvement of an already "popping" show! What a refreshing difference!