Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: "VIVA LAS VEGAS" 2 cd set is FANTASTIC !!!

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7
    What ewleases do the tracks on disc 1 come from?

  2. #22
    they are mix From 2/70, 8/70 and 2/72, i see that few songs From FTD Releases, By The Notes, One say 8/13/70 You've lost that loving feeling it's from 12th show, i think

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    Sound wise-it's worth getting for that reason only. As for it's reason for release-it's a lost opportunity for a big milestone anniversary release.
    You sure do contradict yourself alot, donchu ???

    Anyway, how is this release a "Lost Oppurtunity", if it's purpose for release is being tied to the upcoming ABC TV special ???

  4. #24
    TCB Mafia EP75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,060
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Creole View Post
    You sure do contradict yourself alot, donchu ???

    Anyway, how is this release a "Lost Oppurtunity", if it's purpose for release is being tied to the upcoming ABC TV special ???
    No I don't. I said I agreed with you on this having great sound, at least on dsic 2. You SHOULD be thrilled. LOL Anyhow, it's a lost opportunity as a release, PERIOD because they could have released a remix or reworked album and made much more and it would have brought interest back to EP's music. this disc won't do any of that. It's just another cd that will draw dust on the shelves of stores until they are returned to RCA headquarters in NY. It won't even break the Top 20, I betcha. Probably not even the Top 50.

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by poormansgold76 View Post
    they are mix From 2/70, 8/70 and 2/72, i see that few songs From FTD Releases, By The Notes, One say 8/13/70 You've lost that loving feeling it's from 12th show, i think
    What releases are these on?

  6. #26
    I just Can't Help Beleving From 8/12/70 not 8/13/70, the 13th version running 3;16, this one running 4:20, It's fromTTWII LP The 2/70 from on Stage LP and 2/72 from valouis LP's, Error's on the liners on this one, only one cd notes

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    No I don't. I said I agreed with you on this having great sound, at least on dsic 2. You SHOULD be thrilled. LOL Anyhow, it's a lost opportunity as a release, PERIOD because they could have released a remix or reworked album and made much more and it would have brought interest back to EP's music. this disc won't do any of that. It's just another cd that will draw dust on the shelves of stores until they are returned to RCA headquarters in NY. It won't even break the Top 20, I betcha. Probably not even the Top 50.

    Your above comment just proves how ignorant you really are and how your true colours shine bright regarding the legacy and artistry of Elvis.

    All you really care for is the dumb expansions in and around Graceland for amusement parks, kiddie rides and slides ...

    These stupid remixes you redundantly keep moaning about are just plastic gimmicks that will be exploited and forgotten about just as quick as they would make 'em.

    "A Little Less Conversation" was a winner worldwide because it hadn't been done before in a predominantly youthful market and had an incredible amount of push and appeal due to the European Soccer World Cup of 2002.

    The single still never really broke out in America where it only reached #50 on the Hot 100 !!!

    Look at what happened to the follow up Rubberneckin' single ...

    Never got higher than #90 !!!

    Puh-Leeze, get over it already.

    The magic of original Elvis Presley music will live on forever and that is what new fans will always find, come back to and enjoy for eternity ...
    Last edited by King_Creole; 08-05-2007 at 09:47 PM.

  8. #28
    Backstage Pass tilly01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh Scotland (uk)
    Posts
    188
    there is no need to get personal with each other

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by tilly01 View Post
    there is no need to get personal with each other
    It's not personal, just calling it like I see it ...

  10. #30
    TCB Mafia EP75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,060
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Creole View Post
    It's not personal, just calling it like I see it ...
    You will never change.

  11. #31
    International Level srj1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    933

    .

    The concert may very well be from August 21st, but is it the dinner or midnight show? The tracklisting doesn't match either show!

    And it isn't a complete show; Listen carefully, you can hear a few times where the tape is obviously edited (if you play it loud), which means at least a second or two is missing here and there.

    The monologue should've been scrapped altogether. Way, waaaay too long. As a raconteur, Elvis made a great singer ...

    And as someone pointed out, the 1972 pic in the booklet is a tour shot from April, 1972, not Vegas. Things like this piss me off ...

    And another thing: why the hell did RCA wait three weeks to record these shows? Why didn't they record July 31st, the actual comeback, or at least some of the first few shows in August? Such history lost ...

    That, plus the '68 Comeback shows recorded in mono only, are the greatest travesties of his recording career.
    Last edited by srj1967; 08-07-2007 at 07:21 AM.

  12. #32
    We can't have it our way, mmm, so what it was edit, long as it from same show .

  13. #33
    EP BOULEVARD 77 goodelvisgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    1,736
    well i saw the cd and my first thought was same old songs it dosent matter which concert they are from but on hearing you all say its fab i might go and buy it

  14. #34
    From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    where Kentucky Rain falls
    Posts
    5,175
    Quote Originally Posted by tilly01 View Post
    there is no need to get personal with each other
    Amen, Tilly. Let's "keep it Elvis", friends.

    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-02-2007, 08:56 AM
  2. "Elvis - The Cover Up" & "Las Vegas In Gypsy Style"
    By Steve in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 07:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •