Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Wanda Hill...

don't know why people love to believe that Elvis lived the every single minute of his life in front of those MM guys..no I do not believe just because they claim this and want everyone think they are this, important..He had his own life out of them as much as he could.. at least he had his own room, his own hours or days, his books and of course a telephone belongs to him and most of all a mind and a spirit they couldn't get in no matter how they try to ..what's so strange about that..as Wanda said, she never spent her life waiting around the gate, she wasn't one of them girls so that guys could've been familiar with her .She had a family to take care of,which you also have to blame with being ill and needed professional help ,a husband and a young daughter and some other relatives and friends,since they knew him too..right? no I do not think so as there's no way I could think of MM as Elvis experts or a more dependable source,or mentally healthier than some people you could easily declare ill..

HERE'S ANOTHER INTERVIEW WITH WANDA FOR THE ONES WHO LIKES TO READ http://www.elvis2001.net/wanda_june_hill__interview.htm

My honest opinion on this matter is ...does it really matter? If this is all fantasy and if she as made money from her stories she will be another one on a list of many others in the past or coming future to make money from Elvis. There will always be people who have a story to tell about knowing Elvis spending time with Elvis as we found out on our visit to Graceland and Memphis we heard that many stories from people that worked there or had lived in Memphis our heads were wrecked with it all whether they were true or not we will never know..the only ones who really know what happened were those it happened to. For me Elvis is all about the music and the man not the stories of other people..but thats just my opinion

Susan x
    Yesterday was the past and tomorrow is the future but today is the present ..thats why we call it the gift"

"Never listen to a liar it takes too long to find out the truth and my time is too precious"

"Without you I am only half of me"

Quote Originally Posted by 4THEHEART View Post
    HERE'S ANOTHER INTERVIEW WITH WANDA FOR THE ONES WHO LIKES TO READ http://www.elvis2001.net/wanda_june_hill__interview.htm

I still have my doubts...plus the font was so dang hard to read.....

we're all free people..or we think so..considering what the world coming to..anyway yeah! font is yellow isn't it.. eyesore. for me too.

Loving elvis
    thanks for posting that interview but people will still have there doubts. Lets just keep it as some believe it some don't..

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    The thing that bothers me is who taped that conversation and why? No reason why Elvis would have as he would have felt a conversation with his baby girl was special and private. Too darn many of his phone conversations were taped by the people around him for what reasons????

Diane
    I've read this taped conversation before, as well...I also wondered who taped it? You mean Wanda had a tape recorder with her, ready to tape something..Elvis wouldn't allow something so private to be taped...

I agree Diane, for what reasons? What is one to believe??

franny

I thought Wanda said she didn't want to reveal phone conversations she had with Elvis out of respect for his privacy and because they were special to her - so what's this? This second phone conversation sounds like more of the same as the Elvis/Lisa conversation to me Jen. It's just too elaborate, too gooey etc. to be real.

If anyone has any doubt about this woman's credibility should not Priscilla have been the one to ask to corroborate her story since she was present at this last conversation??

These so-called "special" friends/lovers drive me nuts!

Diane

Loving elvis
    Your got me wondering now No fooling you diane

Here's what Marty Lacker had to say about Wanda...

This Wanda June Hill, whose name we have heard before since Elvis died and her bogus claims of her numerous telephone conversations with Elvis, did that for me, a huge laugh. We never bothered to refute her story because we just shrugged and said, "Well here's another one claiming something that wasn't true." Now it's getting tiresome, so we will comment.

Let me state very clearly, ELVIS HATED TALKING ON THE TELEPHONE! Her claim that he called her and that even tcalled to ask her husband's permission to do so is not only preposterous it's downright fantasy.

As to her claim that we drugged him, not only borders on slander and libel, it is so far fetched it takes the mind of either a deranged mental patient or someone who in fact, contrary to what Ms. McDougall's opinion is, someone fabricating stories to make that proverbial buch. (BUCK).
    Wanda June Hill had nothing to do with Elvis.

We, The Memphis Mafia have foolishly been accused of everything under the sun regarding Elvis' demise and all the so-called negative things pertaining to his troubles in life. What some of the small coterie of fanatics who view him with rose colored glasses truly don't understand, is that Elvis was a grown, intelligent man. He made his own decisions just as most of us do. Nobody made Elvis do something he did not want to. Did some of us talk to him about what he was doing--YES! Did he change--NO! To be fair to Elvis's memory, I was almost as bad as he was taking pills. So if I had said anything to him while I was doing that it would be the pot calling the kettle black. However, when I stopped taking pills in '76 I mentioned how good I felt and maybe he should try it and he ranted and raged about me, accusing me of trying to tell him how to live his life. He did the same thing to Red West when Red talked to him about it in Vegas. It is a know (KNOWN) fact that when someone is addicted or dependent on any kind of substance, be it pills, hard drugs, alchohol, food or anything else, you can talk to them till you're blue in the face about how bad it is for them, it will do no good until they are ready to stop. As a HUMAN BEING, Elvis was no different.

They need to realize that they can't change reality nor can they change history and no matter how much they try to do it to make Elvis into something that they wanted him to be, it doesn't work that way.

Elvis was a good man, a good person. A generous person and that's about all Wanda June Hill got right in her book.

She's just another person trying to inject herself into Elvis' life who had nothing to do with his life.

It's amazing that you never heard of these people when Elvis was alive and the fans just about knew the names of the people who knew Elvis when he was alive.

To be fair to Wanda, I asked the other guys if they ever knew or met her, to a man the answer was NO! Draw your own conclusions.

TCB Mafia
    [quote=T_J;124336][quote]

No offence TJ, but it is a waste of time reading anything Lacker says.

Jess

P.S. Oh, and remember, they sell their books to make money, they shared personal details re their friend, to make money. They are all social climbing within their group, (which you read in everything he says "original mafia" or "the guys" which includes who he considers the "in crowd" excluding others, they still do, after 30 years).

However, people who are inclusive with friendships, don't hold grudges and embrace others, are nice people, telling, huh?

What type of friend (not referring to Wanda in this case) would you believe?

What does that tell you re their character?
    Last edited by Merry; 07-30-2007 at 11:18 PM. Reason: To add more thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I thought Wanda said she didn't want to reveal phone conversations she had with Elvis out of respect for his privacy and because they were special to her - so what's this? This second phone conversation sounds like more of the same as the Elvis/Lisa conversation to me Jen. It's just too elaborate, too gooey etc. to be real.

If anyone has any doubt about this woman's credibility should not Priscilla have been the one to ask to corroborate her story since she was present at this last conversation??

These so-called "special" friends/lovers drive me nuts!

Diane
    I think you are right Diane, her acts don?t match with what she wants to make people believe at all, that?s my opinion.
    Besides I have read her book like I have many other Elvis books because I use to give people an oportunity before forming an opinion and there she never gives dates, adresses, names or something that can really place her in the stories she tells. Is always I can?t say the name of the person, I won?t tell the adress, I can?t remember or that person is dead, so you can?t check ou what she is telling is true or not. That?s why I think she is lying and she can?t blame fans to not believe her. If she wants people to take her seriously she should show proof or at least don?t refuse to give some sustantial information.

To totally disregard everything Lacker says is foolish in my opinion.He is abrupt,crude and arrogant.Most of all he tells it like it was.Some may not want to here his version of events because he doesnt sugar coat it.Wanda tells her fabricated stories and some people love it because she is telling what people want to hear.Marty tells the truth and gets slammed.Wanda is trying to profit off Elvis just like Lacker yet I hear no complaints about her.That's because some like her message.If Lacker or the other guys had sugar coated Elvis last few years the fans would love them instead of hate them in spite of them making profit off Elvis.Im not trying to start a fight but that's the way I see it.Wanda Hill was not a player in Elvis' life.We all know Lacker was there for years.Why would anybody believe her over him?One more point to consider.Elvis pretty much did live his life in front of the MM.They really did see about everything.His entire life has been under a microscope for decades.Every detail of it has been examined.Do you really think Wanda Hill could have just fallen through the cracks and never get noticed?I said the same thing about Billy Miller.Use common sense when you evaluate these people's stories.
    Jak

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    To totally disregard everything Lacker says is foolish in my opinion.He is abrupt,crude and arrogant.Most of all he tells it like it was.Some may not want to here his version of events because he doesnt sugar coat it.Wanda tells her fabricated stories and some people love it because she is telling what people want to hear.Marty tells the truth and gets slammed.Wanda is trying to profit off Elvis just like Lacker yet I hear no complaints about her.That's because some like her message.If Lacker or the other guys had sugar coated Elvis last few years the fans would love them instead of hate them in spite of them making profit off Elvis.Im not trying to start a fight but that's the way I see it.Wanda Hill was not a player in Elvis' life.We all know Lacker was there for years.Why would anybody believe her over him?One more point to consider.Elvis pretty much did live his life in front of the MM.They really did see about everything.His entire life has been under a microscope for decades.Every detail of it has been examined.Do you really think Wanda Hill could have just fallen through the cracks and never get noticed?I said the same thing about Billy Miller.Use common sense when you evaluate these people's stories.
    Jak

Jak,

What I object to with Lacker is: "With friends like that......" you know the rest.

Lacker looks at things through his negative, jealous, spiteful eyes, that is the difference. He never felt he was paid enough, he always felt hard done by, rararara.

Look, Wanda is a lovely lady. I'm not getting into that, as people have their opinions, and only Elvis could set the record straight, and that isn't going to happen.

It appears that Lacker would allegedly sell his mother down the river, in my opinion, from how he treats others, how he speaks to older women, horrible. How he encourages and enables bullying, tries to belittle the fans, on his little "kingdom" for sport (his words). He lives for that site, and talking about himself. He and his "fan club" are really, well, people can make up their own minds if they read the history, there. Also telling re how no-one posts there, except for his die hard fan club. Ask Elvis' friends (the ones who aren't into speculation, rumour mongering, etc.) what they think of him.

I've been told quite a few stories.

Cadillac King
    Jak
    Very good said

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Look, Wanda is a lovely lady. I'm not getting into that, as people have their opinions, and only Elvis could set the record straight, and that isn't going to happen.
    No, Wanda could set the record straight but she doesn?t do it because she wasn?t there and can?t give details of something that never happened.
    Last edited by Donut; 07-31-2007 at 03:59 AM.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    No, Wanda could set the record straight but she doesn?t do it because she wasn?t there and can give details of something that never happened.

People have their opinions, and no-one knows what anyone does, 24/7, well unless the people aren't self reliant, that is.

Jak,

What I object to with Lacker is: "With friends like that......" you know the rest.

Lacker looks at things through his negative, jealous, spiteful eyes, that is the difference. He never felt he was paid enough, he always felt hard done by, rararara.

It appears that Lacker would allegedly sell his mother down the river, in my opinion, from how he treats others, how he speaks to older women, horrible. How he encourages and enables bullying, tries to belittle the fans, on his little "kingdom" for sport (his words). He lives for that site, and talking about himself. He and his "fan club" are really, well, people can make up their own minds if they read the history, there. Also telling re how no-one posts there, except for his die hard fan club. Ask Elvis' friends (the ones who aren't into speculation, rumour mongering, etc.) what they think of him.

I've been told quite a few stories.
    I agree that Lacker certainly wouldnt win the Mr Congeniality contest.His is absolutely abrasive.This however does not make him untruthfull.Lacker's credibilty has held up over the years.Revelations from the MM written by Nash is generally considered a must read by fans wanting the truth.Wanda may be a nice lady who actually believes what she says.Im not trying to be cruel but she needs help if that's the case.When I take an objective look at her I can only come up with two scenarios.She is a con or mentally ill.Im not trying to offend anyone by saying that.Once again it's my opinion.
    Jak

People have their opinions, and no-one knows what anyone does, 24/7, well unless the people aren't self reliant, that is.
    Elvis was not self reliant.He was far from it.That was the basis of my comment concerning the MM pretty much being a witness to everything he did.
    Jak

TCB Mafia
    This however does not make him untruthfull.Lacker's credibilty has held up over the years.
    Jak

Actually, Jak, with all due respect, that isn't the case.

I was fortunate enough, around about a year ago, to be contacted by a friend of Elvis' because of a story that was written on AEK.

This friend took offense and objected to what is said by "that man" and through this person's journals, has accurate records. This friend was personally around for 15 years, and was best friends with a very close friend of Elvis', stayed in his houses, went to the concerts, and was basically, a true friend, still is, 30 years later.

As you would know, some of his "friends" were far worse than Elvis, in fact, not taking prescription medication (please come to your own conclusions) so, honestly, their memories are blurred, to put it nicely. Lacker speaks with great authority, if you haven't noticed; however, his memory doesn't serve him as well as he likes to make out, as is proven at his "kingdom" time and again.

So, when I have a question, I ask my friend, if my friend doesn't know, other people are asked. My friend does tell me the whole story in context. They just have more class, that's all.

Jess

P.S. Lacker is known in those circles as being, as you said. (Telling, as I've said).