Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Pics from my USA trip - Rapid City

  1. #1
    International Level srj1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    933

    Pics from my USA trip - Rapid City

    Stopped off at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center in Rapid City South Dakota, which as you know Elvis opened on June 21, 1977. The place is preparing for its 30th anniversary celebration. There's normally a ticket from the show displayed, but it had been removed in preparation for a special exhibit. The staff were very friendly and showed me around. By the way, the pics here of Elvis, KISS etc were about 6 feet tall.

    The other three pics are from Deadwood, South Dakota (the place where Wild Bill Hickock bought it). At the Celebrity Hotel, they had three Elvis displays: a replica jumpsuit (not bad, actually); a promotional scarf from Vegas '69; and a lock of Elvis' hair from his army haircut, along with a letter of authenticity from the girl who won the hair in a contest in '58. A nice surprise in a fascinating part of the States.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP0937.JPG   IMGP0940.JPG   IMGP0942.JPG  

    IMGP0944.JPG   IMGP0946.JPG   IMGP0947.JPG  

    IMGP0960.JPG   IMGP0961.JPG   IMGP0964.JPG  


  2. #2
    TCB Mafia toffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Europe -> Norway
    Posts
    1,047
    I love it!!
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

  3. #3
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    More great photos!

    Thanks srj........Diane

  4. #4
    TCB Mafia EP75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,060
    I like that poster. Nicely done. Those pics of EP in June 1977 are some great shots compared to what is normally seen from this time.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    282
    Just beautiful ...

    I agree with EP75 on this.

    Elvis looks great in the photos feautured next to Gene Simmons.

  6. #6
    Cadillac King stefankoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by srj1967 View Post
    Stopped off at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center in Rapid City South Dakota, which as you know Elvis opened on June 21, 1977. The place is preparing for its 30th anniversary celebration. There's normally a ticket from the show displayed, but it had been removed in preparation for a special exhibit. The staff were very friendly and showed me around. By the way, the pics here of Elvis, KISS etc were about 6 feet tall.

    The other three pics are from Deadwood, South Dakota (the place where Wild Bill Hickock bought it). At the Celebrity Hotel, they had three Elvis displays: a replica jumpsuit (not bad, actually); a promotional scarf from Vegas '69; and a lock of Elvis' hair from his army haircut, along with a letter of authenticity from the girl who won the hair in a contest in '58. A nice surprise in a fascinating part of the States.

    Is`nt this the place where Elvis is saying : Someone told me that this is a new building and im the first person to perform here?
    [Royalties come and go....... But there is only one man we always call THE KING

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    69

    Wink

    Great pics and I love the pic with Gene Simmons in it FAB FAB..

  8. #8
    Dovey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,612
    Your trip had to be really a great time.. the pix's sure are!! Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

  9. #9
    Cadillac King Gerianne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    IRELAND
    Posts
    339
    Great Pics
    ELVIS THE KING - TODAY TOMORROW & FOREVER

  10. #10

    re

    great those pictures...do you have pictures of inside the arena???
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

  11. #11

    re

    Quote Originally Posted by stefankoch View Post
    Is`nt this the place where Elvis is saying : Someone told me that this is a new building and im the first person to perform here?
    Yes,this is the place,when he said that
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

  12. #12
    Backstage Pass pacer 1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    121
    WOW! Great pics srj..its nice to see these plaques etc...it shows just how much interest there still is in Elvis for them to do this kind of thing in the buildings where he performed..

  13. #13
    International Level srj1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    933

    .

    Quote Originally Posted by elvis himselvis View Post
    great those pictures...do you have pictures of inside the arena???
    No, I wasn't able to go inside as they were preparing for the anniversary thing. It didn't bother me though. The Hilton stage was the one I wanted to get, and I did that.

  14. #14
    TCB Mafia toffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Europe -> Norway
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by srj1967 View Post
    No, I wasn't able to go inside as they were preparing for the anniversary thing. It didn't bother me though. The Hilton stage was the one I wanted to get, and I did that.
    ahaa..Okei
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

  15. #15

    re

    Well,that's true,but I think the rapid city concerts is also a great happening...he performed a great concert,and it was filmed for the cbs tv-special in '77.
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

Similar Threads

  1. Rapid City and Omaha 1977
    By tjs in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2007, 09:59 AM
  2. rapid city 1977
    By elvis himselvis in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2006, 12:27 PM
  3. Elvis Rocks Rapid City
    By Unchained Melody in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 12:03 PM
  4. Omaha and Rapid City
    By Lonniebealestreet in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 06:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •