Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If You Had A Moment With Elvis Right Now

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    I loved your story, Rita. I am glad he didn't ask my name I wouldn't have remembered it either. He did say, "How'd I miss her." A compliment that just blew me away. Did he hug you? He gave me the tightest hug with my kiss. He was very strong. It would have been so cool to go back and talk with him awhile as you did, but I was thrilled for those brief moments I had. When you couldn't remember your name and made ELVIS laugh ...you gave him a gift.
    The gift of laughter is a wonderful gift to have given him!!!
    Hi Carole, yes, I got a hug and I made sure I got another kiss before we left, and I also sat on his bed! Before we left, Elvis said that he wanted to come to England, as we all know, he never did. On that day, apart from meeting him, I saw three concerts in a row.

I think we are both very lucky Carole, we have lots of memories that we stay with us forever. I loved your comment about making Elvis laugh, that was really nice.

Rita

Backstage Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by torpor97 View Post
    ]Well Elvis 1972 and Sweet Caroline you two are soooooo cool to have kissed and huged Elvis. I wouldnt have remembered my name either, but I would have never been the same after that meeting, and I would have felt like everyone could see how different I was. I would have always felt him hugging me so strongly for the rest of my life cause it would have been embeded in my mind forever. I want to hear more and more from you two! So please indulge me if you have the time! I would so love to meet one of you.[/
    Hi, I'm sure Carole has lots of wonderful stories to tell us, I know I have. I had a real great time when I was in America in 72 and I'll never forget it.

Rita

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    It would be great to spend even a couple of minutes with Elvis, I wouldn't want to be all star struck or goofy (but who knows when put in that situation) I would have just wanted a photograph and or an autograph so that I could remember that moment.

The problem looking at this from the benefit of hindsight is, how do you say something without coming across as some sycophant and leave a thought in Elvis' mind that just might make him pause for thought and maybe just give him a reason to alter his lifestyle just enough to change it's course so that................

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    It would be great to spend even a couple of minutes with Elvis, I wouldn't want to be all star struck or goofy (but who knows when put in that situation) I would have just wanted a photograph and or an autograph so that I could remember that moment.

The problem looking at this from the benefit of hindsight is, how do you say something without coming across as some sycophant and leave a thought in Elvis' mind that just might make him pause for thought and maybe just give him a reason to alter his lifestyle just enough to change it's course so that................
    That is the truth, how could you drop a hint without coming off preachy. A few moments time you probably couldn't. I have thought about it after reading your comment and couldn't come up with anything.

Loving elvis
    I would love to kick off my shoes and have a long chat with elvis and really get to know the man behind the legend.

I would ask for a kiss, a scarf, and an autograph... Well, I'm new... What do I know?
    <a href=http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff20/thymex/1elvis22.jpg target=_blank>http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...x/1elvis22.jpg</a>

Thanks, Jess! That was fast! So you'd just take the kiss? No scarf... no autograph? Well, I guess I would also need a picture of him kissing me!!
    <a href=http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff20/thymex/1elvis22.jpg target=_blank>http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...x/1elvis22.jpg</a>

What to say ?

Take a vacation for year..and makes plans for 'ElvisWorldTourConcerts'

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Well, that's the difficulty, when you love someone, you just seem to take the risk and suffer the consequences.

Jess
    You are correct and in my close familys or friends life I might know better how to handle the situation. But in a few moments alone with Elvis it would be a different thing-I imagine I'd be tongue tied-awed. That alone would probably keep me from saying anything of real value. So its not that I would not want to say the right thing, like with family, it just would be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    You are correct and in my close familys or friends life I might know better how to handle the situation. But in a few moments alone with Elvis it would be a different thing-I imagine I'd be tongue tied-awed. That alone would probably keep me from saying anything of real value. So its not that I would not want to say the right thing, like with family, it just would be hard.
    I know that during parts of my life where there has been rough patches, there is no way on earth I would have wanted anyone to tell me what is right. Deep down I know what is right, I just didn't want to hear it

The same can be said for almost all of us!

That is true, I have always known what was right. In my life they have been occasions when I've been told what I already knew- but for some reason could not grasp and run with. (I hope that makes sense) And I did not want to hear it, you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    That is true, I have always known what was right. In my life they have been occasions when I've been told what I already knew- but for some reason could not grasp and run with. (I hope that makes sense) And I did not want to hear it, you are correct.
    I feel a kindrid spirit here..........

Backstage Pass
    I'd say Hey Baby.. ha ha No I would say in a deep deep voice Hey Baby "you aint't nothing but a hound dog" Hey that is what he always said!!!!

Backstage Pass President Presley's Avatar
    I'd like to jam with Elvis, me on bass and Elvis singing some songs,
    then we talk about his career, life and spiritual things

Cadillac King

If I could talk to Elvis

First I would stand on my tiptoes and give him a kiss on the cheek, soft and gentle like butterfly wings brushing against his face. I would take in a slow deep breath so I could remember how he smelled. I'd slide my hand down his arm until his hand was in my hands and I would stroke his hand as I told him how much I loved him and missed him. I'd tell him that I miss him from the depths of my soul and I wish we could be friends. I'd tell him even though we truely don't undertand it, we still love him after all these years. That the summary of his life is more than gold records and albums, it is that he was a good man that brought people together and still does to this day and beyond. I'd tell him how helpless I feel that we could not help him in his despair as he does for us. I'd tell him I'm sorry for all that happened to him, but I'm glad he came to earth in my life time. He's more than a star...He is an Avatar for teaching the concept of Love. I'd wish him happiness and peace in heaven...he already has our Love. Then I would let him go.

A very VERY nice question!!!
    But at first I would like to tell you several words... You all posted very sicere things... I know what you feel and I'm deeply touched. I'm really thankful to the Lord that I met you all and Elvis ofcause one great day on my way! Thank you friends!
    There are many times a day I think about this question. I think I would shake his hand and ask him some questions(which now I can't say, because I have now idea what I would like to know or what I will be doing if I meet him) and I would like to be his friend. He is a great singer and personality, so I would tell him it...oh, I still have no idea what to say
    It is always worth while asking a question, though it is not always worth while answering one
    Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by CRITTERGITTER View Post
    First I would stand on my tiptoes and give him a kiss on the cheek, soft and gentle like butterfly wings brushing against his face. I would take in a slow deep breath so I could remember how he smelled. I'd slide my hand down his arm until his hand was in my hands and I would stroke his hand as I told him how much I loved him and missed him. I'd tell him that I miss him from the depths of my soul and I wish we could be friends. I'd tell him even though we truely don't undertand it, we still love him after all these years. That the summary of his life is more than gold records and albums, it is that he was a good man that brought people together and still does to this day and beyond. I'd tell him how helpless I feel that we could not help him in his despair as he does for us. I'd tell him I'm sorry for all that happened to him, but I'm glad he came to earth in my life time. He's more than a star...He is an Avatar for teaching the concept of Love. I'd wish him happiness and peace in heaven...he already has our Love. Then I would let him go.
    Very Nice

If I had a moment with Elvis, I would like to spend it in an opened-place (maybe a field), with a soft breeze and the two of us watching the sky full of stars. I would like to have the moment at 23:56 because I could finish one day and start another of the best way: just with Elvis aside, nothing else... And, why not, holding hands.
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

I would take him by the hand and pull him into my time machine then we would transport ourselves back to the first ever concert he performed in Tupelo and we could relive that amazing time together...

Susan x
    Yesterday was the past and tomorrow is the future but today is the present ..thats why we call it the gift"

"Never listen to a liar it takes too long to find out the truth and my time is too precious"

"Without you I am only half of me"

I would tell him that he is the most beautiful guy I have seen.That he sings like noone I ever heard before.And I would beg him to stop taking whatever he was taking that took his life.That we miss him and cry for him.That I love him!

GirlHappy19
    "Man,I just work here"
    EP 1968 ComaBack

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast