Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 188

Thread: Elvis in his Coffin

  1. #81
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941
    Another question:

    How did Billy Mann, Sr. wind up taking at least three photos of Elvis in the casket in such a short time? He must've been pretty sneaky to not arouse suspicion (even with the small Minox camera that he used)......

  2. #82

    re

    Good question Tony
    I want to know that too
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

  3. #83
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941
    I bet you don't know how the National Enquirer were in Memphis on the 16th and taking photos and getting interviews and knew that Elvis was dead long before (possibly as much as an hour and a half) Elvis was found and before anybody inside the Presley organization or the Memphis press knew that Elvis was dead......




















    Yep....they were tipped off by Ginger Alden....

  4. #84

    re

    Tony could you tell me more about this story with ginger...
    what are you trying to say
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

  5. #85
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis himselvis View Post
    Tony could you tell me more about this story with ginger...
    what are you trying to say

    I'm basically saying that the reason the National Enquirer were in Memphis way before anybody else (even the staff at Graceland) knew that Elvis was dead was because they received a phone call from Ginger possibly an hour to an hour and a half before she finally called downstairs to summon help.....during this time she apparently "cleaned up and put her makeup on"....she apparently first called her Mother then she called a guy by the name of James Kirk (who worked as a "stringer" for the National Enquirer) and told him to keep watch at the mansion because "something big was coming down"....meaning that she must have already known that Elvis was dead before she called for help....and when she finally did come downstiars she sure as **** didn't look like someone who had just discovered Elvis lying deceased on the bathroom floor....she didn't even shed a tear....I'm sure she was in shock but still....that's an unusual way for someone to act when they've just discovered someone lying deceased on the bathroom floor....or anywhere else for that matter.....

    Billy Smith (who I've always liked and who has always been a favorite of mine as a member of the Memphis Mafia) relates this story in "Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations From The Memphis Mafia":



    "The shifts were from twelve midnight to twelve noon. Well, at noon on August 16,, Ricky was downstairs passed out. He told People magazine in 1989 that the day Elvis died, he had enough Demerol in him to sedate all of Whitehaven. He said instead of going up to Elvis's room to check on him, he went back to his own room and shot up. So he was out of it. And David was supposed to come on at noon and relieve him. But as far as I can figure it, neither Ricky or David seen Elvis frmo the time I left him at seven-forty-five 'til the time they found the body.

    I got me a couple hours' sleep and about eleven o' clock I got up and dressed and went over to Graceland about eleven-forty-five. And the only person I saw out there was Al Strada. He was packing everything up in those wardrobe casses, getting ready for the tour. I said, "Al, has anybody seen Elvis?" He said, "No." Elvis wasn't supposed to be woken up until about four o' clock in the afternoon.

    Then I said, "What about Ricky? Is he still downstairs?" He said he didn't know for sure. I said, "Well, how about David? Has he come in yet to relieve him?" Al said, "No, David's not here yet." I said, "Well, let me know if David doesn't show up in a few minutes or if Ricky's not here. Somebody needs to be here." Then I asked if Ginger was up there with him. And she was.

    I started up the stairs to check on Elvis, and then I thought, "No, if they ain't heard from him, God, let him rest. He needs it." So I just said to Al, "If
    you hear anything from Elvis, let me know."
    And then I went back to my trailer. My sister-in-law was going to keep the kids while we were on tour, and I was putting in an air conditioner for her.

    I don't blame Ricky or David. I blame myself. That's one of the hardest things for me to deal with: The fact that I started upstairs and didn't go. Dr. Nick thinks that Elvis died somewhere around eleven o' clock. I keep thinking that I might have been able to save him, even though Dr. Nick says I couldn't change what happened."

    This whole process 'bout how the casket photo was taken was secretly planned and although I hate to say it....you gotta give the people who planned to do this (and unfortunately succeeded with their plan) kudos on pulling it off like they did.

    From reading Grob's book, I also found out that Ricky Ayers (Ricky was a second cousin and former associate of Elvis who reportedly practiced karate with Elvis) was also in on the plot to take a photo of Elvis in the casket....up until a few years ago (after reading the book, "Elvis: His Life From A To Z") I never even knew that Elvis had a cousin named Ricky Ayers.
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 02-24-2007 at 10:03 AM.

  6. #86
    Never thought of doing this till asked by TT. When you work with this photo it is trully weird, so much aside from the central bit is so ill defined. I'm beggining to suspect most of the coffin and surroundings were faked, rather than Elvis. For one thing I've had to replace the window in the background as it was totally out of proportion to the original and the "cross bars" on it were wonky. I guess not much point publishing a picture of Elvis in his coffin if you can't really see the coffin!
    This is how it might have looked, sorry if it bothers anyone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Casket Colour.jpg  

  7. #87
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis_Priestly View Post
    Never thought of doing this till asked by TT. When you work with this photo it is trully weird, so much aside from the central bit is so ill defined. I'm beggining to suspect most of the coffin and surroundings were faked, rather than Elvis. For one thing I've had to replace the window in the background as it was totally out of proportion to the original and the "cross bars" on it were wonky. I guess not much point publishing a picture of Elvis in his coffin if you can't really see the coffin!
    This is how it might have looked, sorry if it bothers anyone.

    Vewwy interesting.....the casket looks different in color than what I might have pictured....
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 02-24-2007 at 10:03 AM.

  8. #88

    re

    very intresting if she already had found his body but waited an hour an a half to call Joe or someone else...why would she have done this?
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

  9. #89
    International Level
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I'm basically saying that the reason the National Enquirer were in Memphis way before anybody else (even the staff at Graceland) knew that Elvis was dead was because they received a phone call from Ginger possibly an hour to an hour and a half before she finally called downstairs to summon help.....during this time she apparently "cleaned up and put her makeup on"....she apparently first called her Mother then she called a guy by the name of James Kirk (who worked as a "stringer" for the National Enquirer) and told him to keep watch at the mansion because "something big was coming down"....meaning that she must have already known that Elvis was dead before she called for help....and when she finally did come downstiars she sure as **** didn't look like someone who had just discovered Elvis lying deceased on the bathroom floor....she didn't even shed a tear....I'm sure she was in shock but still....that's an unusual way for someone to act when they've just discovered someone lying deceased on the bathroom floor....or anywhere else for that matter.....

    Billy Smith (who I've always liked and who has always been a favorite of mine as a member of the Memphis Mafia) relates this story in "Elvis Aaron Presley: Revelations From The Memphis Mafia":






    This whole process 'bout how the casket photo was taken was secretly planned and although I hate to say it....you gotta give the people who planned to do this (and unfortunately succeeded with their plan) kudos on pulling it off like they did.

    From reading Grob's book, I also found out that Ricky Ayers (Ricky was a second cousin and former associate of Elvis who reportedly practiced karate with Elvis) was also in on the plot to take a photo of Elvis in the casket....up until a few years ago (after reading the book, "Elvis: His Life From A To Z") I never even knew that Elvis had a cousin named Ricky Ayers.




    The story about Ginger calling the National Enquirer is an urban myth in the Elvis world.

    A call was made - from OUTSIDE of Graceland, not from INSIDE. This has been researched thoroughly. It is highly unlikely Ginger made the call.

    The guy in the Enquirer has gone on record saying that a MAN rang him, not a woman, although he refused to disclose the identity of the individual.

    Ginger may or may not have called her mother, and she slept with her make up on, Elvis liked that. So the story of her apparently dolling herself up after or before finding the body is also a myth.

    I don't think Ginger was the right girl for Elvis, and her familys actions after his death were not that respectful, however, I don't let that cloud the facts regarding calls being made to the enquirer.
    Last edited by 0349054; 02-24-2007 at 12:42 PM.
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

  10. #90

    re

    That makes alot of sense
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

  11. #91
    People do we really need to get into this? The person who took the photo of Elvis in his coffin is a douchebag lowlife scum. We, as fans, don't need to post the photo, and discuss it. Please can't we at least let him have a modicum of his dignity?

    Elvis, "I miss you, and I wish you were here."

  12. #92
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,212
    Totally agree with this last post.

    Elvis finally found peace, let him have this deserved peace and think of him like he was in his prime.

    Enjoy the many beautiful things he left for us .

    Riley

  13. #93
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495
    Quote Originally Posted by riley View Post
    Totally agree with this last post.

    Elvis finally found peace, let him have this deserved peace and think of him like he was in his prime.

    Enjoy the many beautiful things he left for us .

    Riley

    Hi Riley,

    Beautifully said.

    Jess

  14. #94
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,212
    Thanks Jess

  15. #95
    Backstage Pass elvisfan4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    202

    Cool

    ...well ..for those fans who hadint seen elvis in quite some time lets say since 72-73-and would of happened to view elvis body at graceland -course they would say it wasint elvis in the coffin-thats because they didint see what elvis looked like in 77 before he passed away-so its normal they would say it wasint elvis in the coffin--sadly it was elvis -wish he was still here with us--even if those autopsy pics do show up i would never look at them-what the heck for-l want to remember the fun loving joyfull happy elvis-those are the type of piccys i wanna see and remember im new here happy to be here ;-)
    Last edited by elvisfan4ever; 02-27-2007 at 12:47 PM.

  16. #96
    Whatever we might call the guy who took those pictures of Elvis in his coffin, in a sense I am glad they are out there. I'm not talking about autopsy pics or anything so sick, just him lying in peace in his coffin.
    It may be cultural, or because he is so iconic but I really do appreciate how emotive such images might be. And the full range of emotions can be generated by such images. For me it may be that Irish tradition of "wake" for the dead - where people stay awake with the open coffin before the funeral and people are encouraged to view the deceased for a last farewell. On Chanel 4's recent 100 Sexiest People one of the talking heads commented on how women are still actually in love with Elvis 30 years after he died. He sounded suprised, but we all here appreciate how Elvis stirs strong emotions in us. For me there is still momentary grief - I never knew the man, I only started to follow him as a fan in my mid teens, 10 years after he died but still I mourn him and lament his passing ~ sometimes, yes, its grief.
    I don't concentrate on the coffin picture but it is good to see him in peace, and, I would dare to say, look dignified and peaceful in body and not tormented or lost as he seemed in the last shots of him while alive.
    It helps to grieve and then move on to the memories of him in his finest moments.
    I don't say any of this to deny anyone the right to feel outraged or angry when they see these pictures. I said sorry in advance to anyone the picture I colorized above might have bothered and I do again, but for me it proved part of that grieving. If any of us could have fixed his hair from his eyes as he lay in his coffin, as people who loved him, would we not? Again your answer might be cultural or some other deep rooted belief. I would have and wept as I did it. And in a tough week it was a peaceful task to do what I never considered doing before until invited to do so by someone else.
    I guess the problem is in real life people can refuse to see a loved one's remains, when its online like this its not that easy.

    Rest in Peace Elvis. I know you do.

  17. #97
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis_Priestly View Post
    Whatever we might call the guy who took those pictures of Elvis in his coffin, in a sense I am glad they are out there. I'm not talking about autopsy pics or anything so sick, just him lying in peace in his coffin.
    It may be cultural, or because he is so iconic but I really do appreciate how emotive such images might be. And the full range of emotions can be generated by such images. For me it may be that Irish tradition of "wake" for the dead - where people stay awake with the open coffin before the funeral and people are encouraged to view the deceased for a last farewell. On Chanel 4's recent 100 Sexiest People one of the talking heads commented on how women are still actually in love with Elvis 30 years after he died. He sounded suprised, but we all here appreciate how Elvis stirs strong emotions in us. For me there is still momentary grief - I never knew the man, I only started to follow him as a fan in my mid teens, 10 years after he died but still I mourn him and lament his passing ~ sometimes, yes, its grief.
    I don't concentrate on the coffin picture but it is good to see him in peace, and, I would dare to say, look dignified and peaceful in body and not tormented or lost as he seemed in the last shots of him while alive.
    It helps to grieve and then move on to the memories of him in his finest moments.
    I don't say any of this to deny anyone the right to feel outraged or angry when they see these pictures. I said sorry in advance to anyone the picture I colorized above might have bothered and I do again, but for me it proved part of that grieving. If any of us could have fixed his hair from his eyes as he lay in his coffin, as people who loved him, would we not? Again your answer might be cultural or some other deep rooted belief. I would have and wept as I did it. And in a tough week it was a peaceful task to do what I never considered doing before until invited to do so by someone else.
    I guess the problem is in real life people can refuse to see a loved one's remains, when its online like this its not that easy.

    Rest in Peace Elvis. I know you do.



    Wow....very well put......

  18. #98
    Cadillac King desiree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    273
    I don?t why do I read these things, but I do. It?s getting confusing and frustrating and when I?m all that I get pissed off.
    I should stop reading stuff like this.
    But when I first saw those coffin pictures I thought to myself; Wow, he looks very young. Then I gave another look and shaked my head thinking...
    I give up! There?s nothing more to see, at least not for me.
    So pointless...


    "You can knock me down, step in my face,
    slander my name all over the place"
    - But don't YOU step on my blue suede shoes -


    desiree

    *You walk past me- I can feel your pain-Time changes everything -One truth always stays the same - You're still you - After all - You're still you *

  19. #99
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisfan4ever View Post
    : im new here happy to be here ;-)

    Welcome

    Jess

  20. #100
    Backstage Pass elvisfan4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Welcome

    Jess
    thnk u jess

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •