Thread: A Few 1st post Q's

A Few 1st post Q's

First post though I read the forums when i get chance which not been often just lately.

2 Qs i was wondering if anyone could help me with?

1. I was watching the 'aloha from hawaii' dvd yesterday and on the second disc where it shows the versions with the other recorded songs (blue hawaii, no more etc) I don't get why they didn't just perform them in the concert rather than edit them in after?

2. Was colonel tom parker there illegaly? Did Elvis know? If elvis knew Colonel was there illegaly (assuming the rumor is true, why he never toured europe etc) then why didn't they just arrange a tour but leave the colonel behind outside of US tours
    my boy my boy !

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bollyworld View Post
    First post though I read the forums when i get chance which not been often just lately.

2 Qs i was wondering if anyone could help me with?

1. I was watching the 'aloha from hawaii' dvd yesterday and on the second disc where it shows the versions with the other recorded songs (blue hawaii, no more etc) I don't get why they didn't just perform them in the concert rather than edit them in after?

2. Was colonel tom parker there illegaly? Did Elvis know? If elvis knew Colonel was there illegaly (assuming the rumor is true, why he never toured europe etc) then why didn't they just arrange a tour but leave the colonel behind outside of US tours

1. There was only a hour of the boardcast so you can only insert so many songs in the boardcast. Maybe it was figure out that Elvis did the post songs on stage without a audience so they could insert them into the show since they have time.

2. Parker wasn't there illegally at all. He was still in the USA. You don't have to have a passport to go to Hawaii since it is a state. It is like Colonel Parker could have Elvis go to Puerto Rico since it is a territory of the US. You don't need a passport to go to Hawaii or the territories that US has.

Backstage Pass
    Did the Colonel go with Elvis to Canada in 1957 when Elvis performed there?

i knew about the hawaii not needin passport but just wondered why he never really performed in europe japan etc?
    my boy my boy !

Quote Originally Posted by bollyworld View Post
    i knew about the hawaii not needin passport but just wondered why he never really performed in europe japan etc?
    Yes the Colonel was not an American citizen. Hard to say whether Elvis knew or not. Some think he probably did, others think not. As for whether that was the reason Elvis didn't tour abroad, again opinions vary. It was most likely a significant factor.