Thread: WWE Wrestler Chris Benoit Dies

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States

WWE Wrestler Chris Benoit Dies

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit, wife and son found dead
    td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }June 25, 2007

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) -- WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a homicide. Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

Pope said results of autopsies on Benoit, his wife Nancy, and 7-year-old son Daniel were expected Tuesday.

Benoit, 40, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the federation said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

Benoit, a Canadian native, maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.
    The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

***UPDATE***

Authorities are now stating that aparently this was a murder-suicide. Investigators now believe that Benoit killed his wife and daughter sometime over the weekend, and then killed himself on Monday.

No further details will be released pending results of an autopsy and toxicology report.
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

OMG someone told me today at my work about this but I did not believe them, this is unreal what a horrid thing to happen.If he done it he must have been ill surely........

International Level Suspicious Minds's Avatar
    For what reason did Benoit want to do this horrible thing. You'd think he done something wrong and didn't want his family to know about it. Must be drug related, surely.
    Frank

Every man has a flaming star

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    OMG..... that's really unbelievable

What a horrible story. I never liked Chris as a performer, but respected his talent and work ethic. Reading the title I thought only he died, but knowing he was replaced all of a sudden from SUnday's card, and then that his whole family is also dead makes this especially weird/amazing....
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Backstage Pass
    It is very sad about Chris and his family. I know the wrestling world will miss him. I know i will miss watching him in the ring.
    May him and his family rest in peace.

I didn't know Of Him But..
    R.I.P