Las Vegas Season 7
4th August - 4th September (64 shows)
What do already own on CD from this season?
In short: we allready have quite a few CD's from this season, with 4 in great soundboard quality. Do I need to search for this CD and buy it?
- 11 August 1972 (dinner) - Blazing Into Darkness
- 11 August 1972 (midnight) - Elvis At Full Blast!
- 16 August 1972 (dinner show) - Top Acts In Vegas vol. 3 (audience)
- 17 August 1972 (midnight) - Explosion In Vegas (audience)
- 18 August 1972 (midnight) - Stasera Resta Con Me
- 3 September 1972 (midnight) - King Of The Neon City (audience)
- 4 September 1972 (dinner) - I'll Remember You
Yes, allthough the setlist is wellknown and the show hides little surprices, it still is a great show in great quality. Some renditions are better than normal (for example "You've Lost That Loving Feeling' and "Polk Salad Annie"). The artwork is tastefull and the show still gives us Elvis in one of his best years ever.
No, the setlist is almost the same as the shows recorded for On Tour, Elvis talks very little and is less inspired and focussed than during -for example- the Madison Square Garden shows, or the shows recorded for On Tour. Disc 4 of BMG's fantastic boxset is better and easier to find. Same goes for BMG's "An Afternoon In The Garden". But if you have money to spare, this CD should be owned.
Soundquality: this CD has been released by the Premiere label. It's their first and last release. But don't let that fool you! The soundquality is fantastic! It's not as flat as many of the soundboards and has a nice full bass. Sometimes, when the intro of a song takes some time, it sounds like the sounds is fading away, but then all of a sudden it's back again.