Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Upstairs at Graceland revealed...

Thank you Martin for sharing your graphic and information, at the first moment it took my breath away to see it from close up....so sad.....

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I read that about the fibers at the back of the throat and on his tongue in a book called "Elvis UP Close" They were found during the autopsy according to a quote from Dr. Nick who said pretty much what you just did. He said it was a sudden violent attack and Elvis bit down hard onto his tongue lurched forward and crawled a few feet probably dying in a matter of minutes. Sad.
    Is Elvis Up Close the new book by Joe Esposito? I ordered his new book and have yet to receive it - starting to get angry now....has anyone read the new one? I can't remember the darn name, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    Is Elvis Up Close the new book by Joe Esposito? I ordered his new book and have yet to receive it - starting to get angry now....has anyone read the new one? I can't remember the darn name, sorry.
    No, this book came out in 94. Its got comments from about 100 people who knew Elvis in his life-some all the way back to Tupelo. Great book with a lot of interesting details and storys. One of my kids got it at a flea market a while back.

I have floorplans of Graceland, basement included,
    This floorplan varies slightly...and from descriptions I've gotten of the upstairs this isn't exact. Thank you for posting though you did a MARVELOUS job on that graphic.

I hear a diff. acct. from Dr. Nick who said that Elvis died a painful death, it wasn't instanteneous....and that he'd also thrown up, but this is a sad and not such great topic.

Interesting theory Martin Kirchg?ssner. Tough I'm more interesting in Elvis' life. I believe he gave so many things to people around the world and we should think on it. There're more important moments in his life than his dead...
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

Yup, I'm in agreement with you there Wendy.

Diane

Very true that, Wendy...I think Dr. Nick and pals who disclosed those final moments, well not necessary, it was sensationalistic and not somethng his family needed out there, in my opinion anyway.

International Level Menwithbrokenhearts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksimms2 View Post
    Had it happen to me. Apparantly they don't print until they get enough money for pre orders, saying the whole time" They're running out, get yours while there's some left!"
    Drove me crazy too.
    Got my family, my kids, my books and my music, I'm good, yeah, I'm good.....

Someone sent me this link of supposed actual photo's of upstairs at Graceland...see what you think:

http://www.linkydinky.com/graceland/

TCB Mafia
    these aretaken by Jeanne Lemay Dumas and are indeed real pics of the upstairs in 1974

Really? Wow...well the one with Linda in it, I figured that it was real....

Dear everybody

I believe Jeanny Lemays pictures to be autentic, but bare in mind that these pictures were taken i 1974, and that the bedroom was redecorated.

If you want to see, how the rooms looked like i 1977, take a look at the re-issue of This Is Elvis. This 2-dvd-edition contains original scenes from the bed-and bathroom. Especially the scene where Elvis is found is thrilling. Elvis bedroom i 1977 looked like a french bordello, as you can see in my graphic. Red carpets, red curtains, smoky mirrors behind the bed and behind the tv-set. Dim light going along a panel in the ceiling etc, etc.

Later i will take a lot of screen-dumps from the movie and post them on this forum. You will be schocked to see, how much you actually can see of the rooms from this scene.

Best regards

Martin Kirchg?ssner

Yes I have the re-released of this is Elvis and you are right Martin, you can see quite a lot of Elvis' private domain upstairs. I have to agree with you on the decor.. Could be worse though.

Will look forward to seeing the pictures you plan to post..thank you in advance.

Diane

Thanks Martin would love to see it - I only have the VHS of "This Is Elvis"

Ksimms2: Actually the thrilling secuence with Elvis dead on the floor in the bathroom was on YouTube monts ago, but then EPE went in action and demanded the clip removed. But I was lucky to take screen-shots in time for use in my research on the story and graphic. To my surprise, the new This Is Elvis-reissue actually includes the thrilling sequence. Go get This Is Elvis. There are also good clips from his last tour, as we saw in Elvis In concert.

Martin

TCB Mafia
    I expect mine one of these days.
    This is Elvis was a great documentary. Had it on VHS but played it so many times it was totally used.
    Now I will have the new and even better DVD to rewatch it again over and over

I will absolutely get the rereleased version on DVD....thank you for letting me know. When I first started watching the VHS I have - I didn't realize what it was and thought to myself - "man this is cheesy"....but I realized what it was finally.....I hope the DVD is better.

The first picture (of the bedroom and bathroom )were interesting to see but the second one is one of the most distastefull things i've ever seen was there really a need to show it?

Dear Gary. To some point, I agree with you, that the drawing from the bathroom is tasteless, but not because it shows Elvis lying dead on the floor, cause that is what basically happened, but because it is based on one picture and a lot of imagination. To me it shows a glamourous picture of Elvis looking much younger than he looked in 1977 and a bathroom that is wrong in is layout. In my reserach, I used my eyes on the clips from This Is Elvis, pictures from second floor, several books and hundreds of threats on the web. To me Elvis suffered a very un-glamorous death. He was a very hard drug-addict. People who are interested in the life of Elvis Presley, needs to know this. Anything else is an illusion. Best regards, Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Elvistcbkirch View Post
    Dear Gary. To some point, I agree with you, that the drawing from the bathroom is tasteless, but not because it shows Elvis lying dead on the floor, cause that is what basically happened, but because it is based on one picture and a lot of imagination. To me it shows a glamourous picture of Elvis looking much younger than he looked in 1977 and a bathroom that is wrong in is layout. In my reserach, I used my eyes on the clips from This Is Elvis, pictures from second floor, several books and hundreds of threats on the web. To me Elvis suffered a very un-glamorous death. He was a very hard drug-addict. People who are interested in the life of Elvis Presley, needs to know this. Anything else is an illusion. Best regards, Martin
    It did make Elvis look muscular, sexy actually....which gave me the chills....

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast