Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Upstairs at Graceland revealed...

Upstairs at Graceland revealed...

This was on EIN...
    I'm kinda curious to read this story...

franny

On August 16 the Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet will publish a feature-story on what happened on August 16 at Graceland. The story features a large cut-away-graphic of Elvis' bedroom and bathroom, so you will be able to see what it looks like in there.

This is the first time you will be able to see a vizualisation of both rooms, and it was done from half a year of research. The graphic is NOT based on fake floorplans and fake pictures. It was done from intense research and from rare videoclips of Graceland. The grahic is in danish, but you will be able to achive a translation.

You can see a preview of the graphic here, but if you want to see the rooms inside, you will have to wait for the graphic to be published on Ekstra Bladets website on august 16. You will be able to pay on demand. Visit: www.eb.dk (News, Source: Martin Kirchg?ssner
    )

"You will be able to pay on demand"

The greed for money strikes again

Me too Franny , but I'm not going to pay them for it.

Yes, here we go again!

Diane

Its a shame when everything is money, money.
    Without a song,the day would never end.
    Without a song,a man ain t got a friend.
    Without a song,the road would never bend,
    so I keep singing a song. Elvis Presley

Cadillac King

Now the news people

Is there no end to who will try to suck the money from us? Now it's a newsperson who's done a graphic. I realize it took time to do BUT GIVE ME A BREAK!

Graceland upstairs, see large graphic here!

Dear everybody.

I worked on this graphic for half a year including an article abort the last 24 hours of Elvis life. During my work i found a lot of misunderstanding about the layout of the rooms on 2. floor. All the floorplans i?ve seen on the web are wrong, some more or less. I collected a lot of information on the web, including filmclips from This Is Elvis. A lot of visitors in Graceland dont know where the bed-and bathroom are situated in the building. Now they know. I hope you will enjoy my work. The large graphic will show a lot of details from the rooms. To see the graphic see this direct link:

http://web.ekstrabladet.dk/grafik/Ko...ps-til-web.jpg

Best regards

Martin Kirchg?ssner, visual journalist

Its not something I've worried about one way or another. I've seen a few pictures of Elvis's bedroom before- IMO how the bathroom connects to it is really not a major thing to me anyway.

I would rather have seen it, quite frankly without the people in it. That said
    if its your work you did a nice job IMO. Thanks for the link . Unlike some of
    the others I actually have been curious. As someone who's built several houses I
    never could quite understand the angle of the walls and door way etc in some
    of the rooms.

Seems to me though there was a desk and TV/Security monitor in some of the photos I've seen before near the door in the bedroom where he could see who was coming up to the room . One thing I find weird from all the versions of floor plans I've ever seen, and from being there I've never seen a Bathtub in the house on the top floor and there isn't one on the ground or basement in the parts they let you tour . I'd love to someday see a accurate floor plan that included the ground floor and wings .

Quote Originally Posted by Elvistcbkirch View Post
    Dear everybody.

I worked on this graphic for half a year including an article abort the last 24 hours of Elvis life. During my work i found a lot of misunderstanding about the layout of the rooms on 2. floor. All the floorplans i’ve seen on the web are wrong, some more or less. I collected a lot of information on the web, including filmclips from This Is Elvis. A lot of visitors in Graceland dont know where the bed-and bathroom are situated in the building. Now they know. I hope you will enjoy my work. The large graphic will show a lot of details from the rooms. To see the graphic see this direct link:

Best regards

Last edited by JDD; 08-19-2007 at 04:17 PM.

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    A lot of visitors in Graceland dont know where the bed-and bathroom are situated in the building. Now they know.
    Well, they also knew during this week's Larry King Live show. He was live at Graceland. Towards the end of the show Larry and Priscilla talked about the bedroom and bathroom. They was in front of the stairs leading to the 2nd floor. Larry pointed upwards and asked that is where the bathroom is? and Priscilla said yes.

Larry ONLY pointed up on a 45 degree angle - up to Presley' bedroom! IF he was pointing towards the bathroom he would of vertically pointed his finger directly above! I too, have studied the layout over the years and I can tell you, I am not charging like that ********** is! Anybody wants to know about layouts, then contact me!

Dear everybody.

I worked on this graphic for half a year including an article abort the last 24 hours of Elvis life. During my work i found a lot of misunderstanding about the layout of the rooms on 2. floor. All the floorplans i?ve seen on the web are wrong, some more or less. I collected a lot of information on the web, including filmclips from This Is Elvis. A lot of visitors in Graceland dont know where the bed-and bathroom are situated in the building. Now they know. I hope you will enjoy my work. The large graphic will show a lot of details from the rooms. To see the graphic see this direct link:

Best regards

Interesting...thanks!

Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

Dear everybody. About the tv-monitors: I know about the tv's near the entrance, but I think it was earlier than 1977. About the floorplans. If you want to know see the exact layout of the rooms, see my graphic. This is how it is layouted. Anyway, you can see it yourself in the original version of This Is Elvis. There you actually see, that there is no door to the attic at the end of the hallway, wich all the fake-floorplans on the web show. There is only a split with a door to Lisa Maris's room to the right and one to the dressing room the left. Best regards, Martin Kirchg?ssner

TCB Mafia
    does their exist graphic of the other rooms, the things we don't see in the picture (under the roof)
    Would love to see the other rooms in graphic.

I've never seen a floor plan for the first floor of Graceland not the basement. Does anyone know where they can be found as well?

Diane

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Thank you for sharing the graphic with us, Martin. Very interesting, to say the least.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Graceland floorplans

Dear everybody

I havent seen any floorplans of the basement, and I guess its because its there arent any official architectural drawings available on the web. Anyway, we all know how 1. floor looks. This plan is the most reliable when it comes to measures and details:

Best regards

Martin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails floorp2.jpg  

Coming On Strong

It says that Elvis was sitting on his leather chair, when he got a heartattack, and crawled about one meter, and threw up just in front of the toilet. Why haven't I heard of that before, and was he in that position as showed on the picture?

Pay?Why?
    "Man,I just work here"
    EP 1968 ComaBack

On the toilet or not?

Dear everybody:

I have researched a lot on weather Elvis was actually sitting on the toilet when having a stroke or whether he did not. Its hard to get verified witnesses telling what they saw, because the only people who where there when he still was in the bathroom, were Ginger Alden, Joe Esposito and Al Strada and later the rescue-workers. And they are telling different versions.

Ginger tells in several interviews, that she thougt, that Elvis had stumbled forward from his chair and hit his head, and that she found him a kneeling position, like he was proposing. (Elvis actually proposed to Ginger in the bathroom). In the book 'Elvis & The Memphis Mafia' Billy Smith claims, that Elvis actually died on the toilet and fell forward, but at the same time Lamar Fike says that the body was found to far away from the toilet, and that he was reading when having a stroke. Other reports says, that the reason why his pants was down, was that he stood up in front of the toilet and pulled down his pants, getting ready to go on the seat.

Peter Guralnick quotes the investigators of Elvis death, that Elvis apparently was on the seat when he had a serious heart-attack, but there is no evidence of that. The spot form where he apparently had thrown up, doesnt tell us, wether he was on the toilet or not.

Anyway, my believe is, after reading books and hundreds of threats on google news-rooms is the following:

Elvis died while reading in his lounge-chair and fell forward, crawled a bit, threw up and died in a kneeling position in front of the toilet. I believe this to be true, because:

1. Elvis did occasionally read in the bathroom, when he couldnt sleep. And besides that, he had a lot of his medicine/drugs there.

2. Elvis suffered from serious constipation and also the last day of his life. When he sat and read in his chair, he was hit by corrosin of his constipatoin. He managed to stand up, get his pants down and was then hit by a critical heart attack.

3. That explains, why he didnt reach the intercom that was situated besides the toilet.

All in all, I belive this to be what happened. But this is only my theory, based on several books and interviews.

Best regards

Martin Kirchg?ssner, graphics artist

Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast