Thread: I knew Elvis was still here!

I knew Elvis was still here!

This morning I opened up the newspaper to see this They didn't even mention anywhere in the article about Elvis there I was pleasantly surprised.!

The article talked about this BookExpo 2007 in NY.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newspaper Photo Tommy.jpg  

I dream a world where man no other man
    will scorn. Where LOVE will bless the earth
    and peace its paths adorn...

Once again Elvis is reduced to a joke,how often do you see other deceased entertainers turning up at conventions.Its good to have a sense of humour essesntial in fact, but all these do no good to his image when you get some fat man in a jumpsuit parading around as Elvis other non fans will see it and that will be how they visualise him.No wonder so many people disrespect him.

I am sorry I thought is was a good thing. I wasn't thinking anything about it being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    This morning I opened up the newspaper to see this They didn't even mention anywhere in the article about Elvis there I was pleasantly surprised.!

The article talked about this BookExpo 2007 in NY.
    Haha, excellent Tommy! I sometimes think of making a database of ALL the cultural references to Elvis I see, hear, read - I never do though cause who would ever have the time!

What's really strange and maybe good, is the article/picture caption don't even mention it. It would be like if a Coca-Cola sign were in the shot, no need to mention it - Presleyania just permeates our entire culture!

Please don,t be sorry i know it was meant with best intentions it's not your fault its these fat men that walk around pretending to be him and ruining his image that are the problem.

This is great tommy......
    elvislady

I thought it fun seeing that photo and the guy doesn't really look all that bad - from the back anyway - thanks for sharing.

Diane

Thank you Diane, elvislady & Elvis Priestly

Quote Originally Posted by fanforlife View Post
    Once again Elvis is reduced to a joke,how often do you see other deceased entertainers turning up at conventions.
    IF you think about it; there are many. Marilyn Monroe, Sammy Davis, Jr.
    etc. etc. I think sometimes we are just too "touchy" about these things.
    So long as people are not making smart remarks.....laugh & let it go.
    I think Elvis himself would do that.

In the mid seventies Dick Van Dyke had a short lived variety show. One week he said I'd like to introduce my gardner (I think thats what he called him) and from behind the curtain stepped a very close Elvis look a like in jumpsuit and dark glasses. For an instance I thought it was him. He took a bow to loud applause and left the stage. Van Dyke looked bewildered and said -Wow I didn't know he was that well known. It was funny and for a split second you thought "its Elvis".

aloha

I agree with ajr complete.

Yes, for a minute when I looked at that paper I thought it was him! Good feeling! I know I'm a little off LOL Ugh, not really

Mad Tigers
    Not a bad photo and not too bad for helping maintain the Elvis legacy. Thanks for sharing.
    BTW, I do keep a list of every Elvis mention I find in movies - there are hundreds of them
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    In the mid seventies Dick Van Dyke had a short lived variety show. One week he said I'd like to introduce my gardner (I think thats what he called him) and from behind the curtain stepped a very close Elvis look a like in jumpsuit and dark glasses. For an instance I thought it was him. He took a bow to loud applause and left the stage. Van Dyke looked bewildered and said -Wow I didn't know he was that well known. It was funny and for a split second you thought "its Elvis".
    Now that's funny. I wonder if there's a YouTube clip of that

Haha
    Taking Care of Business
    Til we meet you again, may God bless you, Adios.

If you look closely the lady walking toward the Elvis lookalike (carrying a white paper bag) seems to have a sense of humour about the whole thing...and I got to admit it looks like a pretty good copy of a jumpsuit hes wearing...