Thread: Little Sister Design

Hello everybody!!

This is my first post here... it always takes me a while before I dare to post in a new place. But you guys are alls o nice, and talanted, that I wanted to hear what you had to say about this.

It's for my "Little Sister Design"-site, to promote my design skills!! I wanted it to look like a magzine, so when you click on something, e.g. "Websites" you come to a page that shows my previes site-designs. What do you think of the idea? Will it work?

Have a great day,
    Little Sister

PS. I know that this really isn't a CD design, but it is artwork, so it might still fit into this forum.
    There's so much world to see
    For me, there's so much world to see
    Yeah! Yeah! Mmm!
    - waiting to see Australia.
    It's that little problem money first!

I was thinking of Flash too, but when I tried to do something with it last night, it was much more difficult than I had imagined. So I think I will try to find a course somewhere online.

Glad you liked it, I will have to come up with snappier headlines though, "What is the price?"won't sell many magazines.

BTW Unchained, I will send you the rest of my designs (I don't have many, as you allready know) this weekend. I've finally concluded my au-pair application, so now I have more time for designing. So hopefully I will finalize my Folk-design too, one version to make see see rider happy, and one for me.
    Yeah! Yeah! Mmm!

Little Sister

I enjoy your work very much and agree that some Flash could very much enhance what you are putting together.

Check out this website http://www.altoids.com/ which uses a lot of Flash animation together with its retro theme.....it works very well and would possibly be the kind of thing to enhance your work too.

I agree Flash isn't the easiest of programs and obviously the web designers of the link above are Flash masters..........but they had to start somewhere to of course.

Let me know if you enjoyed the link.

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

I like it! As you know I'm partial to that retro look.
    I agree that Flash would be a great tool to make a site from this design, but keep in mind Flash is basically a vector graphics tool which means you would need to recreate alot of the design (shapes, colours) in Flash itself or a vector tool like Illustrator. If you just import the graphics from Photoshop as Jpegs or gifs the file size starts to get big, and you want to avoid that.
    So if you are not inclined to learn Flash you can still make an awesome site without any Flash, even with this design.
    Check this link http://www.coolhomepages.com and go to the Non-Flash section and see what good web designers have come up with. I'm sure you'll be inspired!
    Cheers
    Johnny

Mad Tigers
    I love your graphic LS,
    I don't know if you necessarily need flash, you could slice up the image, like I've seen Stacy do on some of her pages. That would cut down on load time. and you could optimize only certain slices, that would also cut down load time.
    I love the wording on the price, it leaves it up to the imagination.

Hello everybody!!

This is my first post here... it always takes me a while before I dare to post in a new place. But you guys are alls o nice, and talanted, that I wanted to hear what you had to say about this.

It's for my "Little Sister Design"-site, to promote my design skills!!   I wanted it to look like a magzine, so when you click on something, e.g. "Websites" you come to a page that shows my previes site-designs. What do you think of the idea? Will it work?

Have a great day,
    Little Sister

PS. I know that this really isn't a CD design, but it is artwork, so it might still fit into this forum.  

Thanks for all your contributions of help...

I'll make sure to check out all the sites you recommended. And let's see if I get the hang of Flash.. but then I will have to use script inside the flash-animation (I need to give the a possibility to print the pages)...

Otherwise I think I will slice the images, like you suggested Memphis... The graphics won't be too big so the loading time shouldn't be so long neither.
    Yeah! Yeah! Mmm!

Sorry little sister no usefull contribution from me, but just to tell you that I like what I see I'll gues your MM fan too, according to your avatar? your design picture is that Jane Russel?

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    I like your style... it's so retro

I just love all those old 30s-50s advertisements and merchandise. It really makes me feel kinda homesick to the good ol' days. I think most of the Elvisfans have that same feeling. Although I love the way music has developped during the second half of the 60s, it makes me kinda sad to see how the world changed during that time also. Just compare pictures from "feel-good" bands like The Four Seasons and The Beach Boys from pre-1965 and post-1965..... Pretty weird....

So keep up the great work
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    Little Sister-

Very attractive design--your avatar is great also!

I loved your funk album as well.

No technical advice from me! :?
    ...you won't forget me when I go.