Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Elvis in gossip magazines - part 2...

  1. #1
    TCB Mafia Princess franny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,444

    Elvis in gossip magazines - part 2...

    This was on EIN...
    some interesting headlines...

    franny

    Today we publish a second photo spread with a further 20 magazine covers. From the hush hush wedding for Elvis and Linda Thompson to the fan murdered near Graceland, this is another thought provoking collection.

    http://www.elvisinfonet.com/spotlight_gossipmags2.html

  2. #2
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495
    Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    This was on EIN...
    some interesting headlines...

    franny



    Amazing!

    Didn't you laugh all the way through this, lol? I did........ as what was written was ridiculous!

    Amazing, goes to prove how much rot was written (and we all know that from reading those headlines and looking back).

    Byeeeee

    Jess

  3. #3
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    These were a real funny read Franny. I can't believe how the stories were started.

    Diane

  4. #4
    TCB Mafia Joe Car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,331
    God do these magazines bring back memories growing up. Some of the crap written back then is pretty hilarious now that I look back, but being a naieve kid, I thought they were true. Here is a story that I'll never forget as told by a fan in one of these magazines.

    "A few weeks ago I was in a Memphis grocery store, as I looked over at the next checkout I seen a man in a yachting cap with sunglasses on with a jug of milk in his hand, the features were unmistakable, it was Elvis. I could barely contain my excitement as I thought I was going to scream. I happened to catch his eye and at the same time, he seen me as well. Sensing that I was going to blow his cover, he put a finger to his lips, kind of like, keep quiet please."

  5. #5
    TCB Mafia
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Car View Post
    God do these magazines bring back memories growing up. Some of the crap written back then is pretty hilarious now that I look back, but being a naieve kid, I thought they were true. Here is a story that I'll never forget as told by a fan in one of these magazines.

    "A few weeks ago I was in a Memphis grocery store, as I looked over at the next checkout I seen a man in a yachting cap with sunglasses on with a jug of milk in his hand, the features were unmistakable, it was Elvis. I could barely contain my excitement as I thought I was going to scream. I happened to catch his eye and at the same time, he seen me as well. Sensing that I was going to blow his cover, he put a finger to his lips, kind of like, keep quiet please."

    Cute story, lol, thanks Joe.

    Jess

  6. #6
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993
    I love the fact that some of the pictures havel been edited and Elvis' head placed on other bodies

    The stories are great, It's a pity that even some of the people on here believe the stories

    JJ

  7. #7
    Cadillac King nashville cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    nashville, TN
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    I love the fact that some of the pictures havel been edited and Elvis' head placed on other bodies

    The stories are great, It's a pity that even some of the people on here believe the stories

    JJ
    You mean to tell me EP was never engaged to Cher, Barbra Streisand and Liz Taylor?

    I am crushed. Is there nothing left to believe in?
    "I can't see my reflection in the water. I can't speak the sounds that show no pain. I can't hear the echo of my footsteps. I can't remember the sound of my own name" - Tomorrow Is A Long Time

  8. #8
    International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Byron, Georgia
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by nashville cat View Post
    You mean to tell me EP was never engaged to Cher, Barbra Streisand and Liz Taylor?

    I am crushed. Is there nothing left to believe in?

    Elvis wasn't taken by a UFO.......Sorry to tell you that.

  9. #9
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993
    Quote Originally Posted by nashville cat View Post
    You mean to tell me EP was never engaged to Cher, Barbra Streisand and Liz Taylor?

    I am crushed. Is there nothing left to believe in?
    I think it was just a rumour that Elvis and Priscilla got divorced

  10. #10
    PeacockLady Diane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    11,636
    You guys are just plain silly Thanks for the laugh......

    Diane

  11. #11
    Backstage Pass Evi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    116
    This is hilarious! LOL LOL LOL

  12. #12
    TCB Mafia KPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,932
    When Elvis made "Spinout" in 66 I remember buying a movie mag because the headline was something like "Elvis rushed to hospital heart attack feared"
    and a picture of someone on a stretcher being put into an ambulance was under it. It ended up being about nothing(like many were) but it got me to buy the mag. It does bring back memories to see the covers.

Similar Threads

  1. Elvis in the "gossip" magazines...
    By franny in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 12:51 PM
  2. 1970s magazines
    By elvislady in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 02:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •