Thread: Elvis in gossip magazines - part 2...

Elvis in gossip magazines - part 2...

This was on EIN...
    some interesting headlines...

franny

Today we publish a second photo spread with a further 20 magazine covers. From the hush hush wedding for Elvis and Linda Thompson to the fan murdered near Graceland, this is another thought provoking collection.

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/spotlight_gossipmags2.html

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    This was on EIN...
    some interesting headlines...

franny

Amazing!

Didn't you laugh all the way through this, lol? I did........ as what was written was ridiculous!

Amazing, goes to prove how much rot was written (and we all know that from reading those headlines and looking back).

Byeeeee

Jess

These were a real funny read Franny. I can't believe how the stories were started.

Diane

God do these magazines bring back memories growing up. Some of the crap written back then is pretty hilarious now that I look back, but being a naieve kid, I thought they were true. Here is a story that I'll never forget as told by a fan in one of these magazines.

"A few weeks ago I was in a Memphis grocery store, as I looked over at the next checkout I seen a man in a yachting cap with sunglasses on with a jug of milk in his hand, the features were unmistakable, it was Elvis. I could barely contain my excitement as I thought I was going to scream. I happened to catch his eye and at the same time, he seen me as well. Sensing that I was going to blow his cover, he put a finger to his lips, kind of like, keep quiet please."

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Car View Post
    God do these magazines bring back memories growing up. Some of the crap written back then is pretty hilarious now that I look back, but being a naieve kid, I thought they were true. Here is a story that I'll never forget as told by a fan in one of these magazines.

"A few weeks ago I was in a Memphis grocery store, as I looked over at the next checkout I seen a man in a yachting cap with sunglasses on with a jug of milk in his hand, the features were unmistakable, it was Elvis. I could barely contain my excitement as I thought I was going to scream. I happened to catch his eye and at the same time, he seen me as well. Sensing that I was going to blow his cover, he put a finger to his lips, kind of like, keep quiet please."

Cute story, lol, thanks Joe.

Jess

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    I love the fact that some of the pictures havel been edited and Elvis' head placed on other bodies

The stories are great, It's a pity that even some of the people on here believe the stories

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    I love the fact that some of the pictures havel been edited and Elvis' head placed on other bodies

The stories are great, It's a pity that even some of the people on here believe the stories

JJ
    You mean to tell me EP was never engaged to Cher, Barbra Streisand and Liz Taylor?

I am crushed. Is there nothing left to believe in?
    "I can't see my reflection in the water. I can't speak the sounds that show no pain. I can't hear the echo of my footsteps. I can't remember the sound of my own name" - Tomorrow Is A Long Time

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nashville cat View Post
    You mean to tell me EP was never engaged to Cher, Barbra Streisand and Liz Taylor?

Elvis wasn't taken by a UFO.......Sorry to tell you that.

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nashville cat View Post

I think it was just a rumour that Elvis and Priscilla got divorced

You guys are just plain silly Thanks for the laugh......

Diane

This is hilarious! LOL LOL LOL

When Elvis made "Spinout" in 66 I remember buying a movie mag because the headline was something like "Elvis rushed to hospital heart attack feared"
    and a picture of someone on a stretcher being put into an ambulance was under it. It ended up being about nothing(like many were) but it got me to buy the mag. It does bring back memories to see the covers.