Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: understanding lisa

"relationships yes but she didnt have to marry him." A marriage is a realationship it's about being involved and part of some one else's life. I quess i view marraige, living together, defacto's all as a realationship.

As Patrica said Lisa explained her marraige to Michael.

I don?t have anything bad or good to say about Lisa?s personal life. Fans tend to see her as a prolongation of Elvis when in fact she is a different person with her own mind and body and sometimes even they judge her for being or not in Elvis?s events. If I admire her for something is exactly for not wanting to get involved too much in all that and not wanting to manage Elvis?s estate, for me that says a lot of what she feels about him and that she doesn?t see him as a money ticket. For us he is Elvis Presley but for her he is her father and no one will love him more than she does and I don?t care who she marries or how tough she is when she is interviewed, she is not Elvis and people shouldn?t expect of her to talk or act like him.

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    I don´t have anything bad or good to say about Lisa´s personal life. Fans tend to see her as a prolongation of Elvis when in fact she is a different person with her own mind and body and sometimes even they judge her for being or not in Elvis´s events. If I admire her for something is exactly for not wanting to get involved too much in all that and not wanting to manage Elvis´s estate, for me that says a lot of what she feels about him and that she doesn´t see him as a money ticket. For us he is Elvis Presley but for her he is her father and no one will love him more than she does and I don´t care who she marries or how tough she is when she is interviewed, she is not Elvis and people shouldn´t expect of her to talk or act like him.

I agree with what you have written, Donut. Lisa loves her father very much and I admire her for being herself.

I feel some (probably a lot) of friends love Elvis as much as Lisa, they love him for the man, himself, including the times which were the most challenging.

Jess
    Last edited by Merry; 05-14-2007 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I feel some (probably a lot) of friends love Elvis as much as Lisa, they love him for the man, himself, including the times which were the most challenging.

Jess
    I think all the friends that were with him from the beginning loved him, what happens is there are always bad times or frictions in a friendship along the years and more when you are with the person almost 24 hours a day, once you can be blamed for that and another time the other. But the love Lisa must feel for her dad and sadness for his loss is totally different, your parents are your roots on the earth and in normal families no one can fill that gap when they are gone.

TCB Mafia
    I think all the friends that were with him from the beginning loved him, what happens is there are always bad times or frictions in a friendship along the years and more when you are with the person almost 24 hours a day, once you can be blamed for that and another time the other. But the love Lisa must feel for her dad and sadness for his loss is totally different, your parents are your roots on the earth and in normal families no one can fill that gap when they are gone.

I agree, there is nothing more special than the love of one's family, your own blood, it is unconditional. Friends, who are special, can be that, too.

The sadness of loss isn't so hurtful as the years go on, it is always there, it somehow changes to being able to live with it, this also allows empathy for others who feel the same. I've lost a lot of family members, those who raised me, whom I adored, died young, so I know it doesn't make the sadness less so, but one has to move on and get on with life, keeping those wonderful memories in your heart, as they always will be. Living the way they'd be happy for you to live, being happy, helping others in any little way, not being afraid to receive love. Not being afraid to give it. That is what is important.

Jess

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Diane;110416]

I've read that early in her pregnancy Priscilla talked to Elvis about having an abortion because they were having problems but he was against it.
    pictures.

What?! Priscilla wanted to get rid of Lisa? That?s terrible! How can someone want to kill there own child? I?m glad that Lisa Marie lives. Good that Elvis wanted her.

I think all the "friends" with him from the beginning ...used him.
    Lisa, as a 9 year old child saw everything & has reacted accordingly.
    I can't blame her for that. I wouldn't have anything good to say about those guys either .

Coming from her loss ....I honestly feel she needs some help getting through all her feelings . No one can take a parents place, true. But as an adult, one has to deal with life as it is, no matter how bad it is.
    She's a beautiful woman, I hope she finds true happiness.

TCB Mafia
    I've said before, Lisa's forties, will be the time, lol. I've observed that Lisa is more settled, already. I wish her every happiness. I read she and her hubby were looking for a home overseas, does anyone know if they found one?

Jess

Quote Originally Posted by ajr View Post
    I can't blame her for that. I wouldn't have anything good to say about those guys either .

Coming from her loss ....I honestly feel she needs some help getting through all her feelings . No one can take a parents place, true. But as an adult, one has to deal with life as it is, no matter how bad it is.
    I completely disagree with you but to get my point right I would have to bash Elvis up a little and that?s unfair.

I usually agree with you Donut but in this case my feelings go with AJR.

I do agree that most of the MM did love Elvis but also that they were very selfish and looked out mainly for themselves and got all they could out of him and that Lisa did see that and I also can't blame her for the feelings she has for them today.

She didn't get the help she needed to get through all those bad times and I think she's done the best she could under the circumstances. It's a wonder she isn't in a straight jacket and I've thought the same of her dad!

Diane

I completely disagree with you but to get my point right I would have to bash Elvis up a little and that?s unfair.
    Elvis was no angel. I sure don't deny that . I don't think I could have worked for him. Don't see any reason to bash anyone. Everyone has a right to their opinion. It's just from all I've read ...the so called "friends " got on the "money & fun ride" & so it began. Maybe not at the beginning ....but, later it turned out that way. IMO, they should have just walked away from it all & left Elvis to his own devices . I think that would have did him more good than to "party" with him....It's very hard to pay attention to anyone telling you what you're doing wrong, when they're doing the same thing..on your money .

I think Lisa is getting way to much credit.I mean she was only a small child.I cant see a girl that young being perceptive enough to "see through" the people around Elvis or understand their motives.If she was witnessing improper behaviour it's because Elvis was allowing it and was doing the same things.Before I get labeled an "Elvis basher" ,just use common sense and think about it.The mood at Graceland had become much darker as Lisa got older.That was the result of Elvis' worsening situation.If anything Elvis made Graceland an unfit place for Lisa at the end.Elvis couldnt take care of himself during those times much less anyone else.I know it wasnt all bad but things at Graceland certainly went steadily downhill.
    Jak

Diane,to me that give and take between Elvis and the MM Mafia was mutual, each one in the meassure of their possibilities and needs.
    As for Lisa as I?ve said i don?t have anything to say about her, she is not Elvis for the good or for the bad so I don?t expect any particular behavior from her...

Yes Donut I can understand how you see that situation, and Jak's too but for whatever reason I feel that the friends took more than they gave and were all in all a bad influence - Elvis' choice of course, but still bad and I think Lisa perceived more than you think Jak, she was a very bright little girl and she's a bright lady now and maybe put together what she witnessed and heard later on in life remembering what she saw as a child, but she was and is a very emotionally immature person like her dad. Some people can get over their upbringing and some can't and neither one did and that coloured a lot of their choices in life - as it does most of us.

In any case not many people are all bad except sociopaths who are damaged beyond repair in my mind so to me it all comes down to all of them behaving the way most people would have in the same circumstances.

Diane

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    I think Lisa is getting way to much credit.I mean she was only a small child.I cant see a girl that young being perceptive enough to "see through" the people around Elvis or understand their motives.If she was witnessing improper behaviour it's because Elvis was allowing it and was doing the same things.Before I get labeled an "Elvis basher" ,just use common sense and think about it.The mood at Graceland had become much darker as Lisa got older.That was the result of Elvis' worsening situation.If anything Elvis made Graceland an unfit place for Lisa at the end.Elvis couldnt take care of himself during those times much less anyone else.I know it wasnt all bad but things at Graceland certainly went steadily downhill.
    Jak

Elvis was cleaning house, we all know that, and yes, I could tell peoples' characters, to a certain extent, at that age, sensing them. A lot of children can. Lisa is very sensitive, sounds like she is the same.

Let's not run anyone down (and I don't think you want to, either, probably unnecessary for me to say this, I'm up at 4:30 a.m. typing this, hope it makes sense, lol).

This is a nice calm thread, we are all doing well, lol

Jess

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Elvis was cleaning house, we all know that, and yes, I could tell peoples' characters, to a certain extent, at that age, sensing them. A lot of children can. Lisa is very sensitive, sounds like she is the same.

Let's not run anyone down (and I don't think you want to, either, probably unnecessary for me to say this, I'm up at 4:30 a.m. typing this, hope it makes sense, lol).

This is a nice calm thread, we are all doing well, lol

Jess
    Agree, Jess. Children are very perceptive. She might not of realized what she was seeing at that age. But, when grown, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put it all together.

I chose to ignore the darkness trying to creep in... so, yes, everything's calm & peaceful.

No need to invoke drama when somebody starts tossing the truth around.It's best to look at things honestly rather than the way we wanted them to be.Elvis was surely the king of his castle.Ultimately he was the guy responsible for the activity inside and the environment that Lisa was exposed to.Lets all walk to the light together
    Jak

Maybe we can just "see the light", that neither of Lisa's parents were exactly the way we think they should have been. . Because of that ,Lisa has some issues. Hopefully, she will work them out.

To think she wasn't smart enough to see that things weren't right .....whether with the married MM & their girlfriends or Priscilla & her boyfriends would be pretty unrealistic .
    To put it all together later, as an adult, was bound to cause some anger. Especially ,when she saw it all & knew that they still make money off him ,yet they were doing the same thing...or worse ....
    It is time to walk to the light....open our eyes & see the truth .
    Elvis was used by his "friends" even if he was the one that allowed it; that doesn't change a thing.

It's very interesting that so many profess to know what went on at Graceland that weren't even there .....

TCB Mafia
    Maybe we can just "see the light", that neither of Lisa's parents were exactly the way we think they should have been. . Because of that ,Lisa has some issues. Hopefully, she will work them out.

To think she wasn't smart enough to see that things weren't right .....whether with the married MM & their girlfriends or Priscilla & her boyfriends would be pretty unrealistic .
    To put it all together later, as an adult, was bound to cause some anger. Especially ,when she saw it all & knew that they still make money off him ,yet they were doing the same thing...or worse ....
    It is time to walk to the light....open our eyes & see the truth .
    Elvis was used by his "friends" even if he was the one that allowed it; that doesn't change a thing.

It's very interesting that so many profess to know what went on at Graceland that weren't even there .....

Good point re Graceland. Elvis was a good friend, as good as he could with what he had available to him at the time, a better friend than I would be, I'm sure. He was always too hard on himself, unnecessarily so. He was a good friend. Elvis had many employees, and he counted them as friends and treated them as family. He supported many families. How rare is it that, that employees are treated as family? How does one fire family? Nothing is cut and dry.

I feel Lisa knows that her father loves her to pieces, as she does him. You can see her love, it is obvious. Elvis only had her best interests at heart.

He did clean house, it would have been difficult, however. Please also remember that everyone was only in their early forties, and still all growing as people. (Some didn't, lol).

To be frank, most families have their issues.

Jess

Jess;

I believe Lisa knows the one person that loved her unconditionally, was her dad. Now, whether the best deciplinarian was her dad....obviously, he wasn't. It's pretty apparent Lisa was a brat, as she'll tell you herself.
    But, to state Graceland "grew dark" & Lisa was "in danger" because she was there ...is pretty silly, IMO.

Was she in "less danger" living with her mothers boyfriends??
    Was she in "less danger" when her mother arrived at Graceland on 8/17/77 & allowed her to be outside at 3AM riding her golfcart ....with thousands of fans mourning her dad ??

My children & I have had our "family discussions" & we agree; our family was/is dysfunctional.... just like everyones . But, we love each other anyway & would die for each other.We are the product of our childhood .....we all bring excess baggage from that into any relationship.

I'm not sure 40 is the "magic age" to understanding ... but, it's a thought.
    I accept Lisa & my own children just as they are .
    Sometimes I don't like them & I'm sure they don't like me at times either.
    But, we all did the best we knew how at the time.......
    Peace .....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast