Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if .......??

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    I don't think I would have changed a thing...... Elvis was Elvis, if I changed anything would that change who he was?

It's hard to say, I know how I would have like everything to have ended............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................

But, IF we don't change who he was.....
    how am I to get him to live ?? It's a thought .....

He does live in our hearts just the way he was.........Diane

Agreed .Diane .

It would just be so nice to see him at 72.
    I guess some wouldn't like it.....but, I've always loved "old folks & kids".
    Just trying to see if he made "wiser " decisions & different "friends" if he would still be around & if his fans would still love him....
    What a nice thought ......

Quote Originally Posted by srj1967 View Post
    If I were Elvis Presley, I would have quit the business altogether the SECOND I met Ann-Margret.

Then, I'd spend the rest of my life with her and not give two stuffs about anyone else!

I wouldn't need or want for anything or anyone ever again.

Mmmmmmm ... Ann-Margret.

Or maybe that's just the fantasy for my life, and not my life if I were Elvis!

Either way: Mmmmmmm ... Ann-Margret.
    Good one!

"You can knock me down, step in my face,
    slander my name all over the place"
    - But don't YOU step on my blue suede shoes -

desiree

*You walk past me- I can feel your pain-Time changes everything -One truth always stays the same - You're still you - After all - You're still you *

Re: What if .......??

I don't think that I could be as successful as Elvis & be humble - so I think I'd have to move to the Hill Country in Texas & just played in smaller venues - honky tonks, and I would definitely given a go at writing my own music, but it may be more towards Paul Simon or Bob Dylan than the person who wrote the best Elvis Rockiin' songs,

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

International Level Tigerman1975's Avatar

if I were Elvis, I would have took two years off to clean up my act. Then I would stripped everything bare. I would have wore 2 piece suits and cut a "comeback" album of gospel tinged numbers. Just Elvis, the piano and maybe a few musicians. No orchestras. In the 80's, I would have done more of an "unplugged" type thing and dropped the huge 70's stage show.
    I'm the king of the jungle, they call me Tiger Man. If you cross my path, you take your own life in your hands.

That's true but that god given voice kept spurring him in a different direction. Too bad he couldn't be satisfied just singing for friends and family. Too bad for us though to have missed out on something that fantastic. Being anything but what he wasn't meant to be.

if any of us had been Elvis, then nothing would be different, since being Elvis, we'd have made the same choices.

funnily enough, so did the impersonator who goes back in time, kills Elvis and takes his place in that Twilight Zone episode
    _________
    there is no snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast.

Nina's Elvis blogs: http://ntrygg.wordpress.com/elvis-index/

I think I would have not hired Col Parker and retained more creative control over my career, perhaps I would not have made as much money-or maybe I would have made more in the long run...... since I would have had more control over my creativity and less worry about the restrictions that Parker drilled into me as necessities for a long career.
    Work in Progress!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12