• 8 out of 10

17 11.56%
  • 10 out of 10

44 29.93%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Unworn Jumpsuit (1977)

Quote Originally Posted by veronik
    hey guys!

I was told that this suit was not finished yet.Those pants are horrible!Does anyone knows why Elvis pay no attention or simply din't care what he was wearing on stage?Why the Mexican sundial suit on every show?Was that the one that fit him?Please inform me.I had an argument with another fan who said that the reason he din't have any suits made was because he faked his death and thayt makes me angry .Elvis loved performing and he loved us.

there was one that unfinished, but not this jumpsuit you seen on the picture up here...you can check this site :
    http://www.silvesterselvispage.com/j116-1.html

i dont know the main reason why Elvis keep on wearing mexican sundial suit in most of 1977 concert...somebody here might have better answer to that.

I dont think elvis would fake his death ,...he loves his family and care for his fans,..no way in heaven he would fake his death ..

Elvis had alot suits than we thought ... i dont think thats the reason why he kept on having the same suit in 1977,..in fact he wore 4 different suits throughout 1977 incuding Mexican Sundial Suit, King Of Spades, Indian Feather Suit, and Blue Rainfall ..

thats all for now veronik...

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Its quite hard to understand why Elvis wore the Sundial suit throughout the whole of 1977, there were more than one copy of this suit and lord knows Elvis could have had many copies of other Jumpsuits e.g. King of Spades and other suits from 1976 that surely would have fitted him?

I certainly don't think that Elvis faked his death, judging by his health at this time it would seem to fit that he did pass away, if Elvis was going to fake his death he could have picked a better time! there are so many people who where around to confirm his death, hospital staff etc. I think it would be quite hard to hide the fact that you were Elvis and hide away, someone would have seen him, its hard to keep a secret that big

I love the Mexican Sundial Suit. And... Elvis didn't fake his death. I can't believe that.
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

That image of the younger Elvis in the unworn jumpsuit was not created by Wade. Ugly suit though.

Unworn Jumsuit

Quote Originally Posted by howardrobardhughes
    Kinda neat...isn't it...

TCB
    Wade ( HRH )
    That's a very ugly suit. Is it unfinish?

Alyda
    Man,I just work here!(Elvis 68')

I actually like the sundial suit
    The reason I heard why Elvis wore the Sundial suit over and over was by 1977 it was the only one that fit him
    Since he had his own designer Bill Belew, why didn?t he have Belew make a new suit in '77 ??
    My personal opinion was that Elvis always thought he was going to die young as his mother did and actually gave up on life by ?77 and didn?t bother having any new suits made because he thought his number would be up any day.
    Which of course it was
    As far as that unworn suit goes I think it looks pretty cheap!

I agree this suit does look cheap the combination of a paisley pattern on top with plain pants just does not look right at all.And the belt looks like something you would see an impersonater wearing.

Cadillac King
    Matt, good job on that picture! i've always wondered how Elvis would look in that suit. i must say, if you can, squeeze the legs in a bit, but hey, very good there my friend. i thoroughly enjoyed seeing that

since you did that, we at FECC have been discussing Elvis in the 2 piece suits of 75 for 77 instead of those jumpsuits. could you put a 1977 Elvis in to a 1975 2 piece suit? fine work man, i am impressed
    sincerely, Scott, a 15 year old Elvis fan

prayers to Jackie my auntie in law, and R.I.P Charlie Hodge, both victims of cancer

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisdownunder
    Matt, good job on that picture! i've always wondered how Elvis would look in that suit. i must say, if you can, squeeze the legs in a bit, but hey, very good there my friend. i thoroughly enjoyed seeing that

since you did that, we at FECC have been discussing Elvis in the 2 piece suits of 75 for 77 instead of those jumpsuits. could you put a 1977 Elvis in to a 1975 2 piece suit? fine work man, i am impressed
    Here is a quick picture I made of a two piece with a picture from 1977.

Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 77 two piece.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Dudcowboy_1
    he did not like it because he lost a ton of weight.
    Judging by the enhanced photo, most of it was in his head

Elvis wore the sundial suit first at Lake Tahoe in October 1974.

Here is a great link:

http://members.tripod.com/~Crazy_Canuck/1974-1.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tahoe74-7.jpg  

hello guys

there is saying that elvis his weight just before he dies was the same as at the new years eve concert in 1976,but what was his weight then at that concert?

many greats from me

Wow!! It's funny how the critics come out. Hey "Elvis Fans" if Elvis would have listened to the critics back in the fifties there would have never even been a jumpsuit era. The man was unique give him a bit more respect. GEEEEZ

re

I don't like this jumpsuit very much...i don't think it looked good to elvis.
    OK,it was a change of his suits,but that's all...
    He would stopped touring after that final tour and then get himself back on track...I don't think he was getting worry by what he was wearing at that time
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

Punk was just around the corner, let alone the 80's, but I can't see the King in zipper jeans and safety pins!
    The jumpsuits we look back on as being typical '70's wear but one guy started them, one guy could carry them off. No one - NO ONE - dressed like Elvis in the 70's, those suits etc were awesome.
    What he would have worn in the 80's is anyones guess, but whatever it might have been he would have been the first and the only one to really carry it off.
    As for him not "jumping" in 1977, watch him during Hound Dog in the CBS and when he's done shaking the place up, watch his face, man and music as one - sheer delight!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hound Dog 01.jpg   Hound Dog 02.jpg   Hound Dog 04.jpg  

Hound Dog 05.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis_Priestly View Post
    As for him not "jumping" in 1977, watch him during Hound Dog in the CBS and when he's done shaking the place up, watch his face, man and music as one - sheer delight!
    I actually find watching "Hound Dog" during EIC to be very embarassing......

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Yes, he was too big to try and attempt the Hound Dog moves during EIC. A mere shadow of the former artist, physcially. But the voice was still there.

re

I think it's funny what he is doing there with his moves
    But that's my opinion
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis_Priestly View Post
    Punk was just around the corner, let alone the 80's, but I can't see the King in zipper jeans and safety pins!
    The jumpsuits we look back on as being typical '70's wear but one guy started them, one guy could carry them off. No one - NO ONE - dressed like Elvis in the 70's, those suits etc were awesome.
    What he would have worn in the 80's is anyones guess, but whatever it might have been he would have been the first and the only one to really carry it off.
    I doubt if Elvis could have embarassed me .
    I'm thinking that he woulda/coulda progressed & moved on & changed clothes with the times; but, his incredible voice would always have entranced many folks & he'd still be performing. Just not as grueling a schedule.
    He would be one of those "special acts" music theatres have from time to time.

Remember; time waits for no one . We're all gonna get "fat & 40" . Who cares??
    Last edited by ajr; 05-08-2007 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    Im with you.That version is just to painfull to watch.
    Jak

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast