Thread: Growing Elvis Hair

Growing Elvis Hair

I am wanting to grow Elvis Hair but how would i go about getting the same style of Haircut as him e.t.c could anybody give me some advice

Depends on what era you are wanting to cover.I think you should say i want to grow my hair like Elvis not grow Elvis hair.It sounds like you have bought a dodgy product from e-bay

Quote Originally Posted by minty View Post
    Depends on what era you are wanting to cover.I think you should say i want to grow my hair like Elvis not grow Elvis hair.It sounds like you have bought a dodgy product from e-bay
    lol

re

Maybe a hairdresser can give you some advise.
    I think we here on tcb world are just fan of Elvis and we are not hairdressers
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

Might want the G.I Elvis look that will be easy to do

International Level
    Well first off you have grow out your hair...what you need from what some of Elvis family members told me was 52-Black Pearl. I use to dye my hair but I dont anymore because its natural dark black.

Take a book to GOOD hairdresser and say I want my hair look like that and there you go. As for sideburns...For the stage since my sideburns is not as thick I use Black Mascara to fill in my sideburns.

Your friend,
    Tim Dudley

My advice, dude ...

DON'T DO IT!

Only Elvis could pull off Elvis hair. Besides, it's 2007, not 1957 ...

Find you a GOOD hairdresser and stick with them if they are good. Maintaining it will be ALOT easier if they know you, what you want, and your hair. Depending on the era has alot to do with the "look". I've heard that they cut hair in different order now than what they do now. One is front to back the other front to back....sorry can't remember which one wient with then and now...sorry. But hey today I see long hair, mohawks, spiked, buzz cuts and even mullets, so if you want to grow your hair out like Elvis. DO IT! Don't care what anyoneelse thinks..it's your hair and quite frankly NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS!!!! I grew the 68' Comeback sideburns out and kept them for a little over a year and I got hey Elvis or Hi there Wolverine (Character in the comic books and X-Men movies) But I also got COOL SIDEBURNS and HEY I LIKE THAT> When I finally shaved them (Tired of upkeep) I had MANY...Where's your sideburns? So more power to you.

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srj1967 View Post
    My advice, dude ...

DON'T DO IT!

Only Elvis could pull off Elvis hair. Besides, it's 2007, not 1957 ...

I thought it was 1957, well I guess I better unstyle my Elvis hair then..........

Elvisfan80 - to a barber shop and take a photo of Elvis with you. That will work.

As for me, I only cut my hair and that is it. No other scissors but my own is cutting my hair.

I like to see Elvis' Hair style even today. I always loved his hair and when a see someone with his style... er ah.... aways take a second look lol ... Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

This is an age where anything goes so go for it, you won't look out of place that's for sure. I'm like Dovey, anytime I see hair vaguely reminiscent of Elvis' hairstyle, I take a second look, maybe two or three. .....Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    This is an age where anything goes so go for it, you won't look out of place that's for sure. I'm like Dovey, anytime I see hair vaguely reminiscent of Elvis' hairstyle, I take a second look, maybe two or three. .....Diane
    I agree with Diane, have fun & go for it! I would let my sons dye their hair electric blue or orange during their summers when that was in style!
    Elvis 50's hair - the pompadour - will be high maintenance! My oldest brother & all his friends did the hair back in the 50's and through a good part of the
    60s, I remember my dad was always fussing about the incredible amount of time he spent doing his hair. Find a good hairdresser & Good luck!

Backstage Pass
    I say go for it!!!!! The only prob might be you have to go get it trimmed more often but it sure is a great hair style and side burns look great on all men. Well that is what I think anyway.

I used to have Elvis hair. Now I have NO HAIR!
    "I always liked that hillbilly."

-Waymore

Quote Originally Posted by waymore44 View Post
    I used to have Elvis hair. Now I have NO HAIR!
    Thanks, I really needed that this morning!
    Elvisfan80, when you get it done, I'd like to see you post a photo!