Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elvis professional footage act II

Elvis professional footage act II

HI fews months ago we have start an interesting topic
    on the Elvis unedited professional footage
    i would like re start a topic on this subject ,
    if fans and collectors want to share on this
    i think the best is to leave the rumors and post only,if you have seen from your eyes professional footage, giving details (how long is the footage ,from wich city,date , quality ,what s the source of the footage TV station, outtakes movies ,TV broadcast ,newsreel etc...)
    or have in your collection and are able to post shoort clips,pics capture from films etc...

Christian M
    BUY TOP PRICE OR TRADE ALL ELVIS UNSEEN FOOTAGE !!!
    http://img3.exs.cx/img3/5395/Copiede...lm20reel-1.jpg

Hmmm ... here we go again (?)

I agree with Christian here.

But I would ask people NOT to post if they're only going to say "I have seen this footage, blah, blah, blah ..." We've been through all that before.

They should only post the actual footage or weblinks to it.

On the other thread on this subject, a couple of people (at least one of whom is now banned) suggested that professional footage would be released "in spring". Well, spring is in full swing in the US, and we've yet to see anything, which is hardly any surprise.

So can people please refrain from saying that you have footage if you're not willing to post it here?

Backstage Pass
    i agree with christian only post if you have seen this footage and if possible
    post clips on this mb.

HI
    One interesting clip posted on yourtubes
    from Japanes tv crew
    we see footage before Hawaii 1973 rehearsal show
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DJSbFXGOkM

Christian M

Yeah, this footage has been around for a while.

What we need to see is pro footage of Elvis. Start holding your breath now ... !

Backstage Pass
    there is pro-shot footage clips of msg 72 also on you tube

Msg

Quote Originally Posted by mubarak View Post
    there is pro-shot footage clips of msg 72 also on you tube

No, there isn't. It's all fan-shot footage, perhaps some 16mm at best, but it is not professional footage ...

Concerning Houston 1970
    We know footage from first press conference
    Febuary 27th 1970 at the "Astroworld hotel "
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmc5pTfzeA0

I have very short clips from
    second press conference ,just before final Houston concert
    March 1st 1970

someone has long footage of this ?

Christian M
    Last edited by CHRISTIAN M; 04-22-2007 at 08:36 PM.

International Level
    I got dumb question is there professional footage of Memphis 1974? I would think there is because that was his first home concert and not to have camrea at that suprises me.

Tim Dudley

If you are interested in some good footage of Elvis mostly shot by fans but still good there is a website you can go to called 'Elvis Imports' he has alot from all era's in the 70's

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hochstetler View Post
    If you are interested in some good footage of Elvis mostly shot by fans but still good there is a website you can go to called 'Elvis Imports' he has alot from all era's in the 70's
    Thanks but we are on professional Elvis footage topic

christian M

Houston

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTIAN M View Post

March 1st 1970

Christian M
    Christian, can you please post this clip? I have never seen footage from the second press conference. Thanks.

Coming On Strong charlie rodgers's Avatar
    Originally Posted by CHRISTIAN M

March 1st 1970

Christian M

I would love to see this footage ,its news to me that it was filmed
    how long is the clip you got christian

Thanks in advance christian
    by the way I love your footage page,been a member since the start

Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudcowboy_1 View Post
    I got dumb question is there professional footage of Memphis 1974? I would think there is because that was his first home concert and not to have camrea at that suprises me.
    Short answer: no.

Longer answer: no, but some people will suggest it exists, along with footage of many, many other concerts.

I must say, I am surprised - hmmm, just a little - that nobody has responded to this thread with some supposedly professional footage. Where are the likes of memphis77 (aka The Colonel) and the others who said that "this spring" we critics would be "silenced"?

But there must surely be some pro footage of pre- and post-concert stuff (maybe even of Elvis arriving, leaving etc) somewhere?

HI
    My appologies in checking my footage archives
    for post the clip concerning second press conference
    march 1st 1970 footage,i have seen i don t have the good clip ,i do a confusion withe clip fom the first press conference when Elvis obtain sherif star ,we can see the clip in Elvis memories G.Klein video program and short clip during Christmas when he wore the same brown suit

Christian M

yes im sure there is tons of great elvis footage out there..some professional some very good...thing is some people are just greedy and wont share there stuff--but then agian they dont have to --but i know if i had some awesome footage of elvis i would share it for sure..... dont know if its true but i have heard there is bob heis know elvis photograhper --has incredible footage of elvis at msg 72 -people who have viewed it says its just like being there--i remember some guy in 79 named jack freeman jr he was from marietta georgia-used to sell some great quality elvis footage he used to just walk in concerts from 3 or 4 th row and film away-nobody would tell him anything--hes sold his stuff to people in england and many other places-back then he used to have super 8 film with sound,,,,of the following concerts..atlanta june 4-76 --june 5 76 --june 30-76 greensboro ---macon august 30 76 -birmingham dec 29-76-alanta dec 30 -76----i wonder of hes still alive and still selling his stuff..back then in 79 his prices were a bit too high he was asking 290 dollars for each complete concert with sound--on vhs or beta went for 75 dollars--so from 3rd or 4 th row his footage must of been pretty good-for sure lots of footage out there-come on people if you have greatfootage share them with us ---peace to all
    Last edited by elvisfan4ever; 04-24-2007 at 08:44 AM.
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4427_1.gif

Footage

Quote Originally Posted by elvisfan4ever View Post
    : dont know if its true but i have heard there is bob heis know elvis photograhper --has incredible footage of elvis at msg 72 -people who have viewed it says its just like being there--i remember some guy in 79 named jack freeman jr he was from marietta georgia-used to sell some great quality elvis footage he used to just walk in concerts from 3 or 4 th row and film away-nobodty would tell him anything
    Again, elvisfan4ever, we are talking about professional footage on this thread. The stuff from Bob Heis (I have seen a little bit of his stuff) is excellent, but it is NOT pro-shot stuff. Same with any other fan-shot footage.

As I and a couple of others have said about this topic on other threads, it is very unlikely professional concert footage of Elvis exists, aside from the TTWII, On Tour etc stuff ... for the simple reason that, after 30 years dead, there is NO WAY this stuff could have remained hidden for so long. No way, no how.

And as I also said before: I would love to be proven wrong about this. I wonder if memphis77 (aka The Colonel) and others are reading this as guests. HI GUYS!!! Still waiting ...

Footage

Having said all the above, what do you people think of this clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeP3h1FnHqQ

It's from Vegas September '72, and the beginning part is said to have been filmed by TV station KNBC for their news. Maybe this has already been discussed or seen here previously?

The quality is very good, and I am prepared to say that this, indeed, may be pro-shot news footage ... or did KNBC manage to get some fan footage?

Christian, 03, others ... what do you think?

Thanks to BurningLove1977 on YouTube.

I have never worried that much about pro-footage not yet released. I'm sure as has been stated there are many comings and goings caught by pro crews-thats fun to see. Possible the beginnings of some concerts-but - IMO- I am in doubt of a treasure trove of pro-shot concerts which have skipped below the Elvis World radar for 30 years. If the "supercollectors" have it-it really does no good unless it gets released. Its like art collectors who acquire great works of art to put in a special private room for private display- what good can come from it except for the ones who have it. So I don't worry about it.

re

well,that can be pro footage...it's good quality,and it's in the same month as he did that interview for the Aloha from Hawaii concert,so i think it can be pro-footage,but i'm not sure of it
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast