Thread: A little info on this Jacket please

A little info on this Jacket please

I was in London 2 weeks ago and i went to HRC (Hard Rock Cafe) and i saw this Jacket http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...7/PICT0203.jpg

And their was a Picture of Elvis behind it wearing it underneith one of his many Jumpsuits so i would like to know a little more about that Jacket because luckylu me and mate got to try it on once everybody had left because the guy who worked their was from Glasgow and he let me and my mate put it on i was so amazed lol

Jacket

Never seen it before.

Wearing it under one of his jumpsuits, you say? Did you take a picture of the pic of Elvis wearing it as well?

Quote Originally Posted by srj1967 View Post
    Never seen it before.

Wearing it under one of his jumpsuits, you say? Did you take a picture of the pic of Elvis wearing it as well?
    No but if you look closely enough you can see it in the backround

Looks like a Karate Gee to me. He owned heaps of those from what I've seen.

If its legit looks like maybe a gift to him from RCA to me because of the Dog on it and stuff.

re

as far as I know,Elvis didn't wear something under his Jumpsuits...
    Maybe it was from his karate outfits
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Elvisfan80 View Post
    No but if you look closely enough you can see it in the backround
    Sorry, but all I see is part of a pic from the Aloha rehearsal show, there's no other pic that I can make out ...

As tight as the jumpsuits were it would be awfully hard to wear a Karate Gee under it and not have a lot of problems with unsightly bulges. Neat pic though.

Elvis never wore anything under his jumpsuits. The jacket you see is part of many karate uniforms Elvis ordered for in 1974 for the Karate Special he planned. There would be sequences of karate tournaments in it and Elvis wanted to provide everyone who participated with new uniforms.

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    I never heard anything of Elvis wearing clothes under his jumpsuits. They were tight on him and would be extremely tighter with clothes under the jumpsuits. As for the karate jacket that you provided, I have seen that before. I believe their is only one picture that I know of that has him wearing that. I believe I have that picture that I am talking about but I need to look for it. The origin of this karate is unknown from what I gather of it. The only reason why I would have a picture of it is because my friend is in karate and has many photos of Elvis wearing karate suits and the video that runs about a hour of Elvis doing karate that is seen in This Is Elvis and Never Ending Love. I need to find it to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvislennon2004 View Post
    I never heard anything of Elvis wearing clothes under his jumpsuits. They were tight on him and would be extremely tighter with clothes under the jumpsuits. As for the karate jacket that you provided, I have seen that before. I believe their is only one picture that I know of that has him wearing that. I believe I have that picture that I am talking about but I need to look for it. The origin of this karate is unknown from what I gather of it. The only reason why I would have a picture of it is because my friend is in karate and has many photos of Elvis wearing karate suits and the video that runs about a hour of Elvis doing karate that is seen in This Is Elvis and Never Ending Love. I need to find it to post it.
    I would love to see that pic i've been serching for pics of him wearing it since i got back from London could you PM the pic to me please if you have it

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    As tight as the jumpsuits were it would be awfully hard to wear a Karate Gee under it and not have a lot of problems with unsightly bulges. Neat pic though.
    It's a karate gi, by the way, not gee. It's pronounced with the soft g, as in "galaxy".

Quote Originally Posted by srj1967 View Post
    It's a karate gi, by the way, not gee. It's pronounced with the soft g, as in "galaxy".
    You know when I typed it I knew it did not look right Thanks for the correction.

Elvis never wore a karate gi under his jumpsuit but i've seen pics of him wearing the jacket part over the Tiger Jumpsuit in Desert Storm concert and others. Never saw this one before. I don't even see any of his patches on it, from Ed Parker Kempo class to his special TCB patch. I've come accross a lot of stuff from the hard rock cafe that had wrong infomation on them. They once stated that the Hound Dog 45 record they had up was original from 1956 when you could tell it was a re-issued one from the mid 80s. It even said it was in Stereo on it. Hound Dog was released in Mono version.
    It seems like a lot of the stuff they have is for the common people who don't know any better.

Coming On Strong
    theres a photo of this jacket in the Graceland Elvis Auction catalog 1999 ,(page 224) Black long sleeved cotton Kimono with white vertical lettering in the front ,,theres a red and white RCA Victrola and Dog logo in the back,the Colonel wore this style jacket when promoting Elvis at the concerts,,hope this helps