Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Story About Elvis

TCB Mafia

Story About Elvis

( Please share these stories, if you feel like it).

"Elvis gave a couple from Arkansas a check for $1,000 in 1969. The
    money was to get the couple back on their feet after a series of
    disasters. When 34-year-old James Bullock was hospitalized with
    serious injuries, as the result of a car accident, his car was stolen
    from the hospital parking lot. He was forced to call a taxi and pay
    the large fare with money he really couldn't afford to spare. To top
    it off, later that same year, Bullock lost his arm and his leg in a
    tractor accident. His wife was forced to get a menial job in order to
    support them. Whatever money she earned went toward bills and a little
    bit of food each week. They were in serious financial trouble. A local
    newspaper found out about the couple's bad luck and printed a short
    article about them. Elvis happened to see the story and, after reading
    of their tragedies, he wrote out the check. He had one of his men
    drive to the adjacent state and hand-deliver the check to the couple.
    The Bullocks claimed that Elvis was an angel sent from God. The money
    came in very handy and they were able to pay their rent and eat well
    for a few months."

(Thankyou LL :-) )
    Jess

Here is a story originally posted concerning a clip of Elvis practicing karate. One of the guys in the clip is Bill "Superfoot" Wallace a karate champion of the 70s Wallace was such as dominant figure in martial arts that Black Belt magazine, the bible of industry publications, named him to its Hall of Fame three times in seven years -- twice as "Competitor of the Year" and once as "Man of the Year."
    I saw this story at his personal web site:
    In 1973, Wallace, whose education includes a bachelor's degree (1971) in physical education from Ball State University and a master's degree (1976) in kinesiology (the study of human movement) from Memphis State University, suffered what many considered a career-ending injury. However, one of Wallace's friends, the late Elvis Presley, flew in a Los Angeles acupuncturist to treat the Karate champion at Graceland Manor. A year later, Wallace turned professional and captured the PKA middleweight karate championship with a second-round knockout (hook kick) of West German Bernd Grothe in Los Angeles. ......

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Here is a story originally posted concerning a clip of Elvis practicing karate. One of the guys in the clip is Bill "Superfoot" Wallace a karate champion of the 70s Wallace was such as dominant figure in martial arts that Black Belt magazine, the bible of industry publications, named him to its Hall of Fame three times in seven years -- twice as "Competitor of the Year" and once as "Man of the Year."
    I saw this story at his personal web site:
    In 1973, Wallace, whose education includes a bachelor's degree (1971) in physical education from Ball State University and a master's degree (1976) in kinesiology (the study of human movement) from Memphis State University, suffered what many considered a career-ending injury. However, one of Wallace's friends, the late Elvis Presley, flew in a Los Angeles acupuncturist to treat the Karate champion at Graceland Manor. A year later, Wallace turned professional and captured the PKA middleweight karate championship with a second-round knockout (hook kick) of West German Bernd Grothe in Los Angeles. ......

Go Elvis!

Thanks KPM!

More stories?

Jess

P.S. Let's share these heartwarming stories with others, too!

ahhhh thanks for sharing that beautiful story ..thats what elvis was all about always helping the simple peeps out he did this always..... for his endless kindness we ..we need more wonderful stories like this..instead of some of those trashy threads we sometimes see in this forum putting elvis down..thanks jess
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4427_1.gif

T. G. Sheppard is a country singer who had a few big country hits in the 80s and 90s here is a story about him and Elvis from an interview:
    CL: Elvis was one of your biggest supporters. There must be quite a story behind that. Could you tell it to us?

TG: Well I met Elvis when I was sixteen years old. I?d always dreamed of just meeting him, but somehow I just always knew we would be friends. I don?t know how it was, destiny I guess. Fate, I believe in that strongly. I was in Memphis late one night, Elvis found me and became my friend, took me home and we partied at Graceland and from then on we were close for many, many years. He believed in me as a performer. When I first got started ,my first song Devil in the Bottle was one of his favorite country songs. I would hear him singing it running through the house, or at the Memphian Theater. When we would have movies to, hear someone like Elvis singing one of your songs freaks me out. It always freaked me out, but he gave me my first tour bus. He said, 'you need a bus to tour in" and I said ,"well Elvis I don?t even have a band I?m just driving a car with a guitar player." He said ,"well I want you to have a bus. "So he sent J. D. Sumner to North Carolina with a blank check! He just signed a check and said go get T. G. a bus. He bought me my first tour bus so that?s probably one of the best stories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gifLzAS2FuU

This is one of my favorite stories, especially, when Elvis is comforting the children about their losses. He was such an sweet, sensitive soul with kind emotions.

Hi jess here is a link to some great elvis stories.
    http://members.tripod.com/sharoncarr...wnstories.html
    elvislady

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post

This is one of my favorite stories, especially, when Elvis is comforting the children about their losses. He was such an sweet, sensitive soul with kind emotions.

Dear Lisarose,

This is a beautiful story, thank you so much for sharing it.

What a wonderful man, hey but I'm biased lol

Jess

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by elvislady View Post
    elvislady
    Dear elvislady,

What a wonderful link, you are right, so many stories! Inspirational.

Thank you so much

Kind wishes,
    Jess

TCB Mafia
    T. G. Sheppard is a country singer who had a few big country hits in the 80s and 90s here is a story about him and Elvis from an interview:
    CL: Elvis was one of your biggest supporters. There must be quite a story behind that. Could you tell it to us?

TG: Well I met Elvis when I was sixteen years old. I?d always dreamed of just meeting him, but somehow I just always knew we would be friends. I don?t know how it was, destiny I guess. Fate, I believe in that strongly. I was in Memphis late one night, Elvis found me and became my friend, took me home and we partied at Graceland and from then on we were close for many, many years. He believed in me as a performer. When I first got started ,my first song Devil in the Bottle was one of his favorite country songs. I would hear him singing it running through the house, or at the Memphian Theater. When we would have movies to, hear someone like Elvis singing one of your songs freaks me out. It always freaked me out, but he gave me my first tour bus. He said, 'you need a bus to tour in" and I said ,"well Elvis I don?t even have a band I?m just driving a car with a guitar player." He said ,"well I want you to have a bus. "So he sent J. D. Sumner to North Carolina with a blank check! He just signed a check and said go get T. G. a bus. He bought me my first tour bus so that?s probably one of the best stories.

Dear KPM,

I love your posts! You are always very articulate and thoughtful.

Thank you for this great story.

Kind wishes,
    Jess

re

thanks for sharing that story Jess
    Elvis really had a good heart
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

This post will not do this story justice- if you can find this book,
    "Touched By Love" read it.
    There is the story of Karen, the little girl with cerebral palsy who became a fan through her nurse, Lena Canada. Karen and Elvis were pen pals until her death at the age of ten in 1963. Ms. Canada was moved to write a book about Karen and Elvis's friendship. The book inspired the 1980 movie "Touched By Love" in which actress Diane Lane played Karen and Deborah Raffin played Lena.

Quote Originally Posted by elvislady View Post
    elvislady
    Good one, elvislady, once I started reading, I couldn't stop!

It's nice to read some "feel good" stories about anyone, isn't it??
    But, especially Elvis.
    He deserves some good press occasionally with all the other junk floating around .....good job....

Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post

What a wonderful story. There sure will be no one that will ever come close to the King........ He never turned a fan away for a kiss, hug, autograph or giving gifts.........

I love these stories............ Thanks for the stories.......
    "We're lost in a cloud, with too much rain ~ We're trapped in a world, That's troubled with pain.....But as long as a man has the strength to dream.... He can redeem his soul and fly"

I posted a reply 'bout T.G. Sheppard and Elvis but it apparently disappeared or something...here's what I posted...it's a quote from Marty Lacker reagarding Elvis's so-called 'friendship' with T.G. Sheppard (real name: Bill Browder. He used to work for RCA as a promotion man)

Here's the quote (the asteriks are my edits of the language):

"About T.G. Sheppard and Elvis. He didn't really know Elvis. They were acquaintances. He told Merv Griffin on his TV show once that he went to Graceland for sixteen Christmases. I was at Graceland every Christmas until '76. And I never saw him there. And he told that when Elvis was on tour, we'd put Elvis in the back of a semitruck, and Elvis would run out, do the show, and then run back into the truck, and we'd ride away to the plane and the next city.

That's ********. He wouldn't know what we did. When he went on the Jet Commander that time, if he mentioned it once, he mentioned it six times that he needed a bus. He was hoping that Elvis would give him one. Where he got the nerve, I don't know.

About the third time he brought up the bus, Elvis looked over at me, like "Oh, ****, here we go again." Actually I would have bet money that no way in **** was Browder going to get one because Elvis recognized what he was doing. But when when got off the plane, I saw Elvis was walking a little slower, and he hung back so I could catch up with him because I was the last off.

I got up next to him and he said out of the side of his mouth, "I'm going to get the ************ a bus." He had me arrange it through J.D. Sumner."

Sounds like Marty.
    I've always wondered why anyone ever asked him anything.

Well Elvis must have been "baited" alot by people -close and not so close. If Marty was totally correct it shows that Elvis could see when he was being
    "baited" but he still helped the guy out. Martys story is out of his co-authored book "Revelations From the MM" I'm pretty sure.
    JD Sumner says he was called by Elvis and asked if since he knew a lot of gospel groups who still traveled by bus would he help find one for Sheppard.
    Sumner said sure and thats how the bus was bought.
    I'm sure many people in the time Elvis became famous "baited" him, the stories he could probably have told......
    Last edited by KPM; 04-13-2007 at 01:03 PM.

TCB Mafia
    Well Elvis must have been "baited" alot by people -close and not so close. If Marty was totally correct it shows that Elvis could see when he was being
    "baited" but he still helped the guy out. Martys story is out of his co-authored book "Revelations From the MM" I'm pretty sure.
    JD Sumner says he was called by Elvis and asked if since he knew a lot of gospel groups who still traveled by bus would he help find one for Sheppard.
    Sumner said sure and thats how the bus was bought.
    I'm sure many people in the time Elvis became famous "baited" him, the stories he could probably have told......

Yes, that is definately ummmm "Mr" Lacker. He holds grudges against anyone who he THINKS has looked down on him or slighted him, and uses any opportuntity, after all these years, to run them down (including Elvis, which I don't get, it goes to show what type of person "Mr" Lacker is). He speaks with great "authority" so some, seemingly star struck people, believe him, unfortunately. If you just read the tone of his posts, you can judge for yourself.

Jess

TCB Mafia
    [QUOTE=KPM;107029]Well Elvis must have been "baited" alot by people -close and not so close. QUOTE]

I would think, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Elvis would know all that, but could still see that some people had a need, and went ahead anyway, buying them what they strongly hinted at, if he was in the mood. He was genuinely a really lovely man.

Jess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast