Thread: Dolly Parton Tribute To Elvis

Coming On Strong

Dolly Parton Tribute To Elvis

Last night i was at a Dolly Parton concert in Zwolle ( Holland). What a voice she ( still) has!! Incredible. In the second part of the show she told the audience:´There´s no one bigger than Elvis, he still is the greatest´ . The crowd went crazy and after that statement ´ELVIS` came on stage ( a guy in a jumpsuit, but i have to admit he sang pretty good and it was a great jumpsuit!) and Dolly and ´Elvis´ sang a duet ( i believe the title was ´I Dreamed Of Elvis´ ). It was a great song ( in the style of Don´t Be Cruel ). The last part of that song they sang ´I Will Always Love You´ as Dolly would dream that Elvis ever had recorded one of her songs. If he only could.....
    It was a wonderful tribute to The King. Hands up for Dolly!!
    Last edited by HOLYSMOKE; 03-19-2007 at 09:09 AM.

Makes you wonder if perhaps Dolly didn't write the song with Elvis secretly in mind? I don't think I'll ever be able to hear that song again without thinking of Elvis now that I read this. Thanks, Hardluck!

Coming On Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    Makes you wonder if perhaps Dolly didn't write the song with Elvis secretly in mind? I don't think I'll ever be able to hear that song again without thinking of Elvis now that I read this. Thanks, Hardluck!
    It sounded really great in this duet. I?ve heard that in the 70?s Elvis wanted to record a song called ?We Had It All? . I know Dolly had a song on one of her albums with the same title ( and also released in the 70?s ). Its a beautiful song, and the lyrics really fit Elvis ( just like You Gave Me A Mountain and Seperate Ways). I always wondered if thats the same song

I like the fact that the audience went wild
    I am glad that Dolly made a tribute for Elvis, I like her songs
    Thanks for the information Hadluck

Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    Dolly originally wanted EP to record I Will Always Love You, but the Colonel wanted some outrageous percentage, so Dolly, much to her credit, said no, thus Whitney Houston made it a smash a little later. This song would have been perfect for Elvis.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Car View Post
    Dolly originally wanted EP to record I Will Always Love You, but the Colonel wanted some outrageous percentage, so Dolly, much to her credit, said no, thus Whitney Houston made it a smash a little later. This song would have been perfect for Elvis.
    I heard this info on the biography channel which dolly was on i to think it would have been a great song for elvis. but whitney did it lots of justice.
    elvislady

Coming On Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Car View Post

Thanks for the info Joe!! I believe your story was also in the tribute song she sang, thats why the song ended with I Will Always Love You. I try to find out if Dolly ever recorded this tribute song

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    I've always known Dolly to speak well about Elvis, and I'm happy to see that she still is keeping to that way today
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

Quote Originally Posted by HARDLUCK View Post
    It sounded really great in this duet. I?ve heard that in the 70?s Elvis wanted to record a song called ?We Had It All? . I know Dolly had a song on one of her albums with the same title ( and also released in the 70?s ). Its a beautiful song, and the lyrics really fit Elvis ( just like You Gave Me A Mountain and Seperate Ways). I always wondered if thats the same song
    i know a We had it all from Waylon Jennings,and i think that's the version elvis wanted to record.Great song by the way it would have fitted Elvis voice perfectly
    "Don't Forget me Baby,all you got to do is call"