Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colonel" Tom Parker

Colonel" Tom Parker

Colonel" Tom Parker Killed Elvis This simple fact is so true

Quote Originally Posted by Ampzilla View Post
    Here we go ... a new member with a flagrantly outrageous claim.

And how, pray tell, did the old bastard kill Elvis? The lifestyle, the bad food, the drugs, and the excess of course had nothing to do with it, I suppose?

As we've already discussed elsewhere, Elvis was a big boy who could have fired The Colonel several times but chose not to.

No one forced Elvis into touring or working too much, not even The Colonel.

As much as we'd like to blame others, Elvis Presley himself was responsible for his own life ... and death.

Quote Originally Posted by srj1967 View Post

And how, pray tell, did the old bastard kill Elvis? The lifestyle, the bad food, the drugs, and the excess of course had nothing to do with it, I suppose?

As we've already discussed elsewhere, Elvis was a big boy who could have fired The Colonel several times but chose not to.

As much as we'd like to blame others, Elvis Presley himself was responsible for his own life ... and death.
    (And how, pray tell, did the old bastard kill Elvis? )i am lol at this comment you are so right how did the old b---ard kill elvis.
    elvislady

International Level

The only person responsible for Elvis's premature death is Elvis.
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    And how, pray tell, did the old bastard kill Elvis?
    Lets refrain from using language of this nature on here.
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

re

The colonel didn't killed Elvis...Elvis was the one who knew what he was doing and didn't want help from other people who wanted to get him off the pills.
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

no he didint kill elvis ..still im sad he wouldint agree to letting elvis have a world tour -elvis was bored to death with the same old american tours visitng the same old places tulsa huntsville- uniondale-tulsa- blah blah blah vegas-tahoe same old freakin places boringggggggggggggggggggggggggg ...besides his personal problems elvis was fed up no more challenges left--accidental or not he choose to exit ;-( other than that nothing against the colonel -imagine england germany- japan etc -elvis would of loved to go all over the world -then agian elvis was getting on in age failing health-im sure he knew it couldint continue forever- he should of rested for a few years then get back in top shape like in december 76 he was almost back to his normal weight and gone out in style with a final goodbye world tour-then rest like everybody else at home for a job well done -hehe wishful thinking we all know elvis would of never agree to this
    http://www.tcb-world.com/images/signaturepics/sigpic4427_1.gif

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampzilla View Post
    Ol' Tom was part of the problem, but there are way too many variables and too many smoking guns to point the finger in one direction! In the end it was plain old apathy from too many people including Elvis himself that ended a talented life prematurely.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    Ol' Tom was part of the problem, but there are way too many variables and too many smoking guns to point the finger in one direction! In the end it was plain old apathy from too many people including Elvis himself that ended a talented life prematurely.

Matt

Spot on,totally agree.x
    Elvis-Memories,Sweet Memories-Elvis

elvis was responsible for himself, he wasn't a baby, he could make his own decisions.

Thumbs down

How about we not let just one person who has just made one post come on here and start rediculous and unworthy comments about his post. Looks like all he/she wanted to do is stir up trouble.
    "We're lost in a cloud, with too much rain ~ We're trapped in a world, That's troubled with pain.....But as long as a man has the strength to dream.... He can redeem his soul and fly"

Quote Originally Posted by elvisfan4life View Post
    How about we not let just one person who has just made one post come on here and start rediculous and unworthy comments about his post. Looks like all he/she wanted to do is stir up trouble.

Yep-per ... you got it elvisfan4life Dovey
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

Coming On Strong

Elvis

Let's not forget that EVEN if Elvis did rest, he would still not live long. I recall a place, where I read that he had bonecancer. Don't think he would last with that for a long time

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by senadw124 View Post
    Let's not forget that EVEN if Elvis did rest, he would still not live long. I recall a place, where I read that he had bonecancer. Don't think he would last with that for a long time

He didn?t have bonecancer

!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss Man View Post
    Lets refrain from using language of this nature on here.
    You have got to be kidding me! A public warning for "b-----d"?

Oi vay!

Quote Originally Posted by meg View Post
    He didn?t have bonecancer
    How sure are you elvis did not have bone cancer?
    elvislady

Bone cancer

The bone cancer rumour has been doing the rounds for years. Even people close to Elvis like Sonny West believe it, but it is simply untrue ...

http://www.elvicities.com/~epresearch/panniculitis.html

We not never know he had cancer or not, there one people know that it's his Doctor and Elvis.
    If It Was Rumor it's good one.
    whom Kill Elvis, Elvis did it starting long time ago before 1970's and 1960's,
    I'm Not getting into it WE know how It Starting .

this thread I hate To read, I had see how people die from cancer and die from brain tumor and watch him ( My Step-Father) die slowing for 10 years
    we needed to let Elvis Rest In Peace . Remember Him In good away and what he did in his life time and now .
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

[QUOTE=Jumpsuit Junkie;102257]Ol' Tom was part of the problem, but there are way too many variables and too many smoking guns to point the finger in one direction! In the end it was plain old apathy from too many people including Elvis himself that ended a talented life prematurely.

I also agree 100%. Too many want to absolve Elvis of any responsiblity for his life and death, but also just as many want to absolve everyone around him from any involvement which affected Elvis.
    We are all adults who have(whether we want to admit it or not) outside forces, friends, & so called friends who are ready to stab you at a moments notice, which have a great affect on our mental and physical health. Thats life. Some people handle it with no problem, others carry it around all the time and it eats at them. Should they let it eat at them inside, they'll tell you no. DO they let it eat at them inside -some will tell you it doesn't- others LIE and say it does'nt (when in fact it does). Should'nt we all make decisions based on whats best for us-Mr. Spock on Star Trek was always logical and emotionless. How many Spocks do you know?
    IMO life is not just "one way or another" or "black and white"- there are variables, crossroads, and in some lives "intricate mazes" which every person handles differently.

TCB Mafia
    [QUOTE.
    We are all adults who have(whether we want to admit it or not) outside forces, friends, & so called friends who are ready to stab you at a moments notice, which have a great affect on our mental and physical health. Thats life. Some people handle it with no problem, others carry it around all the time and it eats at them. Should they let it eat at them inside, they'll tell you no. DO they let it eat at them inside -some will tell you it doesn't- others LIE and say it does'nt (when in fact it does). Should'nt we all make decisions based on whats best for us-Mr. Spock on Star Trek was always logical and emotionless. How many Spocks do you know?
    IMO life is not just "one way or another" or "black and white"- there are variables, crossroads, and in some lives "intricate mazes" which every person handles differently.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I've been avoiding the posts on people saying they know how Elvis feels, or they have spoken to an "MM" who also supposedly knows how he felt, as the threads seem to crash into a heap of arguments of people thinking they know exactly how he would feel, or judging him, as if they are perfect. Some seem to have 20/20 hindsight, as well.

How can anyone truely know how someone else feels? There are so many variables behind what we do and say, sometimes it is a gut feeling why we respond to things in a particular way, we don't necessarily have the time or the inclination to dissect every little thing we do in our day, ourselves.

It's about enjoying Elvis' music, which he truely wanted to share with us, from his heart, which he did do.

Jess

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast