38 26.76%
  • 10 out of 10

64 45.07%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (Mad) Tiger Jumpsuit (1974)

If I Can DreamIf I Can DreamIf I can Dream

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Very nice pictures Eve, thanks
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

A very good looking suit one of the best.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tigerman%203.jpg   Tigerman%2031.jpg  
    I did it my way.

I read somewhere that Elvis`s favourite NFL football team was Cincinatti Bengals and he made this suit with them in minds.
    I dont know if its true with the suit but the owner of the Bengals said last year that the most faumous fan they ever had was Elvis Presley.
    [Royalties come and go....... But there is only one man we always call THE KING

Roustabouts
    Elvis' favorite NFL team was the Cleveland Browns, because of Jim Brown, but nonetheless, one of my favorite jumpsuits.

I don't know when this jumpsuit was made, but, no doubt, it's the psychological counterpoint to the Chinese dragon suit. Also, EP's karate nickname was Tiger.

However, although this one is interesting and acceptable, it's not really one of my favs.

Elvis' favorite NFL team was the Cleveland Browns, because of Jim Brown, but nonetheless, one of my favorite jumpsuits.

I dont know about cleveland but its a fact that Elvis was a member of the Bengals` Fanclub in ?73 - ?77 (not a paying member but a member).
    When i last talked to Elvis`s stepbrother he also claimed that Elvis was a big fan of the Bengals.
    But nevermind its a great suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    The suits was made during the summer of 1974 and made its stage debut during Elvis 1974 August/September season in Las Vegas.
    Wished he would have worn it during summer of '74 before the vegas enagement...he looked abit paunchy in October of '74 when wearing it from a few pics that i have seen...looks abit too tight on him.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

This is proberbly the greatest suit ever (next to the Aloha) just to stand so close to it WOW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jumpsuits7.JPG   Jumpsuits9.JPG   Jumpsuits10.JPG  

Jumpsuits8.JPG  

a wonderful suit elvis had style i also love the dragon suit but dont have any pics just one i saw it looked great so much detail has went into this suit thanks for the pics guys and gals

i really really like this one
    "Its An Elvis Thing Man, You Just Wouldn't Understand"

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...loveselvis.gif

Roustabouts
    Most likely this suit was made because Elvis' karate nickname was "Tiger". This suit was made at a time when Elvis was very in to karate, or at least, very in to talking about karate as is evidenced in recordings of the Summer '74 Vegas engagement where he first wore this suit. I doubt if being a Bengals fan had anything to do with it.

Also, I remember seeing in several different places that Elvis was a big Cleveland Browns fan. Then again, he may have switched his allegiance in the 70s because the Browns really stank. (Some things never seem to change.) Also, Paul Brown, the legendary coach of the Browns, became the owner of the Bengals, perhaps this inspired Elvis to become a Bengals fan. Or maybe Elvis' love of gaudiness drove him to the Bengals, the team with the gaudiest uniform in the NFL.
    Last edited by Tiger Man; 09-16-2007 at 08:20 PM.
    "Well, I'm the king o' the jungle they call me the Tiger Man."

Roustabouts
    I love this suit!!! Couldnt stop staring at it when i saw it on display at Graceland.

this is also one of my favorite jumpsuits..
    when i am opening the racketball room it is always the saddiest room to me knowing this is where the king spent the last few hours of his life..it is my favorite room to work but also so sad

I just love this suit, although it did seem a bit tight on him.

Coming On Strong
    one of my all time favorites. i was there at the hilton when he wore it for the first time, 9/1/74. Dinner show. (found that out via the day by day book) i have a picture (gotta share here) of charlie helping elvis putting a black gi on over it. (elvis did this hell crazy awesome monologue about karate and then did an exhibition of moves. oh man! as they say, the crowd went wild). the picture is from the view of my memory, i was shocked the first time i saw it. i just found out judy palmer took it. wow. she must've been sitting really close to me.
    whenever i hear 'If you talk in your sleep', i flash right back to that moment. that is one of the few that is absolutely seared into my memory. elvis did his karate thing in the middle of that song. and this is the ONLY time i ever saw elvis on stage with his glasses. that was another cool part of the moment.
    elvis had just been awarded an 8th degree black belt. (i think)

if ever a suit captured elvis' personality, that one was in the top 3!

Last edited by vivalasvegas; 06-24-2008 at 08:54 PM.
    www.vivalasvegasclub.com

Let's have a swingin' time!

www.astarforelvis.com

Elvis Presley on the Las Vegas Walk of Stars

Quote Originally Posted by vivalasvegas View Post
    one of my all time favorites. i was there at the hilton when he wore it for the first time, 9/1/74. Dinner show.!
    Wrong. He first wore it on May 27th 1974 at the 3 A.M show in Lake Tahoe

Awesome suit worn on the night of the infamous DESERT STORM show in Vegas–One of his best ever because of the connection to his karate name– "Tiger Man".

Love to see this in a book, as it wasn't featured in the recent ELVIS: JUMP-SUITS ACCESS ALL AREAS BOOK/MAG – definitely a top-notch jump-suit.

There's great pics of the suit in the excellent book, ELVIS FASHION by Julie Mundy.

Coming On Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Jon Burrows View Post
    Wrong. He first wore it on May 27th 1974 at the 3 A.M show in Lake Tahoe
    oh, that's interesting. thank you.

what's your source so i can look that up?

(i have a friend who had to prove elvis wore the sundial in tahoe in 1974, with pictures , so i understand the need to clarify )
    www.vivalasvegasclub.com

Let's have a swingin' time!

www.astarforelvis.com

Elvis Presley on the Las Vegas Walk of Stars

Quote Originally Posted by vivalasvegas View Post
    oh, that's interesting. thank you.

what's your source so i can look that up?

(i have a friend who had to prove elvis wore the sundial in tahoe in 1974, with pictures , so i understand the need to clarify )
    The information came from Ciscoking's excellent, very informative site.

http://elviscrawler.com/modules.php?...ncert_Database

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast