View Poll Results: Vote For This Jumpsuit

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 out of 10

    15 8.72%
  • 4 out of 10

    17 9.88%
  • 6 out of 10

    33 19.19%
  • 8 out of 10

    29 16.86%
  • 10 out of 10

    78 45.35%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 166

Thread: Mexican Sundial Jumpsuit (1974 and 1977)

  1. #101
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    37

    Sundial suite

    My alltime favourite jumpsuite from 1977
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture1.jpg   picture2.jpg   picture3.jpg  

    picture4.jpg   avatar2594_217_303897.jpg   jpmexican2.jpg  


  2. #102
    International Level jean francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    canada quebec
    Posts
    976
    thank you very much johnny

  3. #103
    Coming On Strong Brad Stalnaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Morgantown WV
    Posts
    60

    Re: Mexican Sundial Jumpsuit (1974 and 1977)

    I didn't get a shot of it but there did seem to be a tread hanging off the left sleeve of the "TWO BUTTON" suit in Memphis. (although I'm on the side of there being only one suit).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Memphis 147.jpg   Memphis 154.jpg  

  4. #104
    International Level moody-blues67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Trelleborg.
    Posts
    722

    Re: Mexican Sundial Jumpsuit (1974 and 1977)

    A nice jumpsuit.

  5. #105
    I'm only Your elvia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Poland - Europe
    Posts
    6,076

    Re: Mexican Sundial Jumpsuit (1974 and 1977)

    Quote Originally Posted by moody-blues67 View Post
    A nice jumpsuit.

    Yes, Glenn I agree with you !
    Thanks everyone for these fantastic photo!!!
    I have some for you


    This is my version ))
    I'll Remember You!!!

  6. #106
    International Level elvispresleytheking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    729

    Re: Sundial suite

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny2523 View Post
    My alltime favourite jumpsuite from 1977
    You really don't have much to choose from, there.

  7. #107
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1

    Re: Mexican Sundial Jumpsuit (1974 and 1977)

    i still have doubts about elvis wearing sundial suit in 1974... besides 1 persons claim can anyone verify this??? why would elvis wear it just once then wear it 3 years later?

  8. #108
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941

    Re: Mexican Sundial Jumpsuit (1974 and 1977)

    Quote Originally Posted by elvism View Post
    i still have doubts about elvis wearing sundial suit in 1974... besides 1 persons claim can anyone verify this??? why would elvis wear it just once then wear it 3 years later?


    He did, in fact, wear the Mexican Sudial suit for the first time in Lake Tahoe, NV in October of 1974. Check out the book, "Elvis: Live At Sahara Tahoe" for actual proof of him wearing the suit in '74 - as a matter of fact, the first three photos that Matt has posted in the beginning of the thread are from the October, 1974 Lake Tahoe, NV engagement!
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 05-10-2009 at 07:07 AM.

  9. #109
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993

    Re: Mexican Sundial Jumpsuit (1974 and 1977)

    Quote Originally Posted by elvism View Post
    i still have doubts about elvis wearing sundial suit in 1974... besides 1 persons claim can anyone verify this??? why would elvis wear it just once then wear it 3 years later?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    He did, in fact, wear the Mexican Sudial suit for the first time in Lake Tahoe, NV in October of 1974. Check out the book, "Elvis: Live At Sahara Tahoe" for actual proof of him wearing the suit in '74 - as a matter of fact, the first three photos that Matt has posted in the beginning of the thread are from the October, 1974 Lake Tahoe, NV engagement!
    100% correct Tony, do you happen to have a copy of that book?

  10. #110
    Backstage Pass el gerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    106

    Re: Mexican Sundial Jumpsuit (1974 and 1977)

    I Dont Like This Suit Although The Craft Tha Went Into It Is Beautiful . The Design Of This Suit Made Him Look Big In 74 By 77 It Made Him Look Huge . Compare Elvis Wearing The Blue Swirl Suit In 74 And Him Wearing This In 74 . He Looks So Much Slimmer In The Blue Swirl .

  11. #111
    Backstage Pass el gerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    106

    Re: Mexican Sundial Jumpsuit (1974 and 1977)

    Elvis Did Wear This Suit In 74 I Too Have The Book Elvis Live In Lake Tahoe And He Did Wear It There In 74 . Its Pretty Easy To Spot Which Pictures Are 74 And Which Are 77 . Just Look At His Sideburns

  12. #112
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993

    Re: Mexican Sundial Jumpsuit (1974 and 1977)

    Quote Originally Posted by el gerry View Post
    I Dont Like This Suit Although The Craft Tha Went Into It Is Beautiful . The Design Of This Suit Made Him Look Big In 74 By 77 It Made Him Look Huge . Compare Elvis Wearing The Blue Swirl Suit In 74 And Him Wearing This In 74 . He Looks So Much Slimmer In The Blue Swirl .
    Good comment, I always disliked this suit, yes it is intricate but boy it looks awful on him, you only have to look at the Chief aka Indian Feather to see he could look better with weight (except Hollywood Fl in Feb)

  13. #113
    Backstage Pass jeanelvisgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    185

    Re: Mexican Sundial Jumpsuit (1974 and 1977)

    For detailed info on the origins of this design take a look at Ultimate Elvis......

    http://kjn65.proboards.com/index.cgi...ay&thread=2152
    Jean
    Co-Manager -www.ultimate-elvis.net


    <a href=http://i42.tinypic.com/2mxnb6x.gif target=_blank>http://i42.tinypic.com/2mxnb6x.gif</a>

  14. #114
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941

    Re: Mexican Sundial Jumpsuit (1974 and 1977)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    100% correct Tony, do you happen to have a copy of that book?
    Matt,

    Yes, I do. It's a GREAT book. As a matter of fact, a couple of the pictures you posted at the beginning of the thread were used in the book itself.

  15. #115
    International Level jean francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    canada quebec
    Posts
    976

    Re: Mexican Sundial Jumpsuit (1974 and 1977)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2ahzdb7.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	31772

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2co4irt.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	169.3 KB 
ID:	31773

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2i8eo8y.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	167.0 KB 
ID:	31774

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2mfesuu.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	31775
    maine 1977

  16. #116
    International Level jean francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    canada quebec
    Posts
    976

    Re: Mexican Sundial Jumpsuit (1974 and 1977)

    [IMG]55pctl.jpg[/IMG]
    augusta maine 1977

    ENJOY !!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 55pctl.jpg  

  17. #117
    International Level jean francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    canada quebec
    Posts
    976

    Re: Mexican Sundial Jumpsuit (1974 and 1977)

    look a this wohoooo

  18. #118
    International Level jean francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    canada quebec
    Posts
    976

    Re: Mexican Sundial Jumpsuit (1974 and 1977)

    [IMG]2217611a.jpg[/IMG]
    louisville 1977 ... enjoy!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2217611a.jpg  

  19. #119
    Coming On Strong
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    93

    Re: Mexican Sundial Jumpsuit (1974 and 1977)

    I know this has been discussed before and i know Leroy is the jumspuit master in here, but i just wanted you to know that i received this message from Gene Doucette - the designer of The Mexican Sundial Suit:

    "I designed the Sundial. I like different types of native art and It
    always appealed to me.

    There was only one made.

    I did use Austrian stones to enhance the embroidery.

    As I remember, the embroidery held up beautifully but the suit itself was
    let out due to his weight gain.

    The reason for the difference in buttons is very simple. At some point
    one of the buttons came off the suit. It was either not replaced by
    whoever was maintaining the suits, or the same button was removed on the
    other sleeve so that they would match. That is why in some photos there
    are three and in some only two.


    * Gene Doucette *
    Embroidery Design"

    So once and for all: Only one and not 2 Mexican Sundial Suits were made for Elvis.

  20. #120
    Resident SP! Tony Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    2,941

    Re: Mexican Sundial Jumpsuit (1974 and 1977)

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Budd View Post
    I know this has been discussed before and i know Leroy is the jumspuit master in here, but i just wanted you to know that i received this message from Gene Doucette - the designer of The Mexican Sundial Suit:

    "I designed the Sundial. I like different types of native art and It
    always appealed to me.

    There was only one made.

    I did use Austrian stones to enhance the embroidery.

    As I remember, the embroidery held up beautifully but the suit itself was
    let out due to his weight gain.

    The reason for the difference in buttons is very simple. At some point
    one of the buttons came off the suit. It was either not replaced by
    whoever was maintaining the suits, or the same button was removed on the
    other sleeve so that they would match. That is why in some photos there
    are three and in some only two.


    * Gene Doucette *
    Embroidery Design"

    So once and for all: Only one and not 2 Mexican Sundial Suits were made for Elvis.

    This has already been verified earlier in the thread that there is/was only one (1) Mexican Sundial suit made.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 75
    Last Post: 07-17-2013, 09:28 AM
  2. (Mad) Tiger Jumpsuit (1974)
    By Jumpsuit Junkie in forum Jumpsuits
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 08-19-2012, 05:15 PM
  3. any1 have pic of 1974 mexican sundial
    By sabbath in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-29-2006, 05:10 PM
  4. Mexican Sundial, 4 button VS 2 button
    By sabbath in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 09:52 AM
  5. Sundial Jumpsuit answers needed....3 button/2 button cuff controversy
    By howardrobardhughes in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2004, 11:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •