Thread: Elvis Presley's custom belt

Elvis Presley's custom belt

Elvis Presley's custom belt which maybe in fact his first concert belt. As far as I can research, It looks to be Elvis' first metal concert belt. The photos below are from August of 1969 at the International Hotel. The Belt is made of solid silver with turquoise stones. The belt is about a size 31. It can be worn with the 3.5 inch wide band or with a 1 inch band that is behind the larger one. The second photo shows the back of the belt. The silver in tarnished and has not been polished. This belt is or nearly identical to the belt Elvis wore in "That's the way it is", during the rehearsals. does anyone know if this belt was the very first concert belt, its really beautiful.
    elvislady
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails belt_with_photos.jpg  

TCB Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by elvislady View Post
    Elvis Presley's custom belt which maybe in fact his first concert belt. As far as I can research, It looks to be Elvis' first metal concert belt. The photos below are from August of 1969 at the International Hotel. The Belt is made of solid silver with turquoise stones. The belt is about a size 31. It can be worn with the 3.5 inch wide band or with a 1 inch band that is behind the larger one. The second photo shows the back of the belt. The silver in tarnished and has not been polished. This belt is or nearly identical to the belt Elvis wore in "That's the way it is", during the rehearsals. does anyone know if this belt was the very first concert belt, its really beautiful.
    elvislady

The man certainly had style.

Jess

Among lots of pieces on Elvis wardrobe that I find very cool but I would never dare to wear, I've alway find this belt the one thing I would really like to have not just for collector's item but for wearing with a nice Shirt and jeans, yes, jeans Elvis... hehehe.

Wow... the fact that it's a size 31 tells you that Elvis was not a very big guy at all. 31!!!!! Wish I was that size again!

Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

Originally this belt was not part of his stage wardrobe but from his personal wardrobe. But it certainly was the very first "real" belts he started to wear on stage after starting out with the karate type belts he used to wear on the 1969 "Cossack Top Two-pieces". It was not custom made for Elvis, they were a very popular type of belt you could buy in almost every Western House in the USA. They are still available.

I remember watching an episode of "Dynasty" in the mid-eighties where Joan Collins was singing a song in some kind of bar wearing exactly the same belt.

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    This info can be found HERE

Thanks to you all for the info.
    elvislady

re

I think it's a nice belt
    It looked good to Elvis
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

When did Elvis get the " Silver Attendance Championship belt" from the International. The one that looks like a Heavyweight championship boxing belt. Was it after the Aug.69 month long engagement? I always thought it was the start of the wide belt look.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    When did Elvis get the " Silver Attendance Championship belt" from the International. The one that looks like a Heavyweight championship boxing belt. Was it after the Aug.69 month long engagement? I always thought it was the start of the wide belt look.

Elvis was presented with the "World Attendance" belt in late 1969 after his comeback engagement at the International (now the Hilton) hotel...I used to have the exact date written down but I've lost it....

The Felton Jarvis Collection

While looking at the "Elvis Owned" site, I found this belt.

This particular belt is in "The Felton Jarvis Collection" and is for sale. See:

http://www.elvisowned.com./New%20new_page_7.htm

"Elvis Presley's custom belt which maybe in fact his first concert belt. As far as I can research, It looks to be Elvis' first metal concert belt. The photos below are from August of 1969 at the International Hotel. The Belt is made of solid silver with turquoise stones. The belt is about a size 31. It can be worn with the 3.5 inch wide band or with a 1 inch band that is behind the larger one. The second photo shows the back of the belt. The silver in tarnished and has not been polished. This belt is or nearly identical to the belt Elvis wore in "That's the way it is", during the rehearsals.
    Make Offer."

This site has a lot of other "Elvis Owned" items for sale.

A lot of items on that site are frauds. Look at the gold chair and compare the pictures. You will see two totally different chairs. I don't know about the belt being the genuine one, but these belts were very popular and you could buy them everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    A lot of items on that site are frauds. Look at the gold chair and compare the pictures. You will see two totally different chairs. I don't know about the belt being the genuine one, but these belts were very popular and you could buy them everywhere.
    The belt pictured worn by Elvis seems to have round silver circles with an eagle wings or bird wings in the center on either side of the buckle,but the belt for sale doesn't seem to have that on both sides? To me it does not look like the belt Elvis is wearing in the pics. it may be a belt Elvis wore at some time but does not look like the one in the pics.