Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know what Bohega asked?

Quote Originally Posted by n-gageboy View Post
    Elvis did toss rings into the audience? I thought he didnt want that... Always thought he had the tape on his fingers to keep em on his hand..
    greetings
    I thought he bandaged his fingers to protect his hands from all the grabbing & scratching . And also to keep the fans from ripping the rings off his fingers when he reached down to shake hands. He made mention of that on one of the On Tour Videos.

Yep, that's starting in 1972 tour he did that. not 1970 , and he starting wearing rings around 1971
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

Backstage Pass
    On the TTWII 11 Special DVD box, you can see Elvis standing in the elevator with a towel around his neck. He looked to his hand and told he lost a ring that show. He lost many rings that Las vegas Season. Haha, but he enjoyed it. Bahiga told my friend she saw a ring on his finger in the shape of a lion ring. But the ring she liked and wanted was a round ring with shining stones all around it. She said it shined like hell haha.

Another nice story to hear.
    Elvis was in his dressing room while they were shooting TTWII (also on the outtakes). He's preparing for the show that will took place that evening. He is sitting there with Red, Sonny, Lamar, Charlie and Joe. More people but they are unknown. After a while they are talking and someone comes in the room and Elvis and others say to him 'not now, not now'. So he goes further with the conversation. After that they are begin to take action. Everyone goes out of the dressing room so he could put on his costume. While he walked with Charlie and Joe to the door to say Lamar and every other person goodbye he saw that guy standing there who he told 'not now'. He walked to him and asked what was so urgent. He told him (probably he was working for Elvis, MGM or a police officer) there was a little girl that stood behind the hotel for almost 3 hours. She wanted to see Elvis. He told her he didn't come to the back door of the Hotel because he was preparing for the show. The girl told him that she may not stay up to she Elvis' show. Besides she didn't even had tickets. Elvis told the man to get the girl. And after almost 30 minutes the girl came with the man and her mother. She told Elvis she was waiting for her and they came from England. Her father worked in las Vegas and her parents wanted to get tickets but it was sold out. Elvis aked Joe if he could arrange something. Joe was going to make work of it. Elvis was sitting in his dressing room with this girl and her mother, just talking. Charlie Hodge told my friend, same who talked to Bohiga. That he was there when this happend and the mother took photographs of this all. Elvis aked how old she was and she told him she was 5. Elvis put her on her lap, and asked if she was coming to the show, wich song she would hear. She told him she loved love me tender. Elvis sang it for her. Joe asked Elvis if he could talk to him on the hallway. Elvis excuses himself and walked out the door. Meanwhile the mother was looking to all the things in the dressing room. She made pictures of the room, and one of Charlie with the girl. Charlie took also some this day of the mother with Elvis. But after a minute or so Elvis walked in the room. He walked to the girl and her mother. He asked the mother, did she may joined the concert if she had tickets? The mother told her it was sold out but if, she may if she was with her mother or father. Elvis smiled and showed the mother three tickets. For her, the girl and the father. They said thanks to Elvis and were in heaven. They said goodbye to Elvis and they made some pictures of them with Elvis and that was it.

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    How rude of Bohiga to just ask for a ring off Elvis' finger

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpsuit Junkie View Post
    How rude of Bohiga to just ask for a ring off Elvis' finger
    Yeah... and it was worst when they tried to get his rings off his fingers. That?s stealing man

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Ocean View Post
    A friend of my met Bohega in 1985. She gave Elvis a drawing of him she made. And she asked if Elvis would sign a Vegas Menu she had. He said 'sure. time out folks'.. She gave Elvis a pen (herself). And Bohega asked if he liked it. He said yes. He wrote for her 'Thanks for the present. Love, Elvis Presley'. Then she noticed the ring on his finger.. And she asked if she may have it.. He said 'I can't do that I'm sorry'. After he signed the Menu he took up the drawing and walked to Charlie to gave him that. Elvis still had the pen in his hand. Bahiga told her that she wanted it back. He walked back to her and gave her the pen.
    Somehow, given what transpired, I believe this story. I know if EP would have signed a pic for me, I probably wouldn't have asked for my pen back, (I would have been too shy) she did and thus in a way, has two souvenirs from him.

Backstage Pass
    it's the truth. This is what happend. Well it's 37 years ago so maybe some details are fained but this happend that time. I love private stories of Elvis. And I know a lot of people who saw, met or worked for Elvis and I ask their ears of their heads hahaha to get some private stories or things that happend (like this). Some people love candid photo's, concert photo's and I love stories

Mad Tigers
    I always wondered what Bohega said too. The wedding ring story sounds about right. If it had been any other ring Elvis probably would've gave it to her. He was like that. It only appeared to be before he did Just Pretend, but in actuality it was before There Goes my Everything. Listen to disc 2 on the Elvis in Vegas box set that came out a few years ago

Mad Tigers
    Quote Originally Posted by senadw124 View Post
    Well maybe it has something to do with the pen she's giving him, and maybe she was asking it back, and he said 'Can't do that, sorry' and then he goes back to Charlie, and turnes around again and says ''Hang on, you'll get it back''

What do you say to my theory?
    Spot on! Thats what ive been trying to say in the other thread about this issue.

International Level
    Elvis wore plasters to prevent the rings being pulled offf his fingers by fans.
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I don't remember a scene in EOT where this happened....are you thinking of the scene in Elvis On Tour during "Love Me Tender" where he puts his hand out to reach for a girl's hand and she almost grabs the ring off of his finger?
    Got the chance to watch EOT today and check this out, been years since I watched it. Definitely at the end of "Well Hello There" at the Greensboro show (blue owl suit) he tosses something small and gold into the audience after fiddling with his hands. This is just after the "let her have it, let her have it" moment when the poilce waon't let the girl near the stage to get a scarf, and he wanders over close to the Sweet Inspirations. I rewound a couple of times, like I did years ago, and I'm kinda convinced. Its hard to tell for sure, because of the following camera angles, but it looks like the ring off his right index finger is gone.
    I might be completely wrong but he does throw something small and gold out, and its too big to be a stud and it is at the end of the second last song that night so it would be like him to throw some kind of thank you into the audience.
    As I say, maybe wrong, but if any of you get the chance to review this tell me what you think. And come on MGM EOT Special Edition soon please!
    Last edited by Elvis_Priestly; 04-03-2007 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis_Priestly View Post
    Got the chance to watch EOT today and check this out, been years since I watched it. Definitely at the end of "Well Hello There" at the Greensboro show (blue owl suit) he tosses something small and gold into the audience after fiddling with his hands. This is just after the "let her have it, let her have it" moment when the poilce waon't let the girl near the stage to get a scarf, and he wanders over close to the Sweet Inspirations. I rewound a couple of times, like I did years ago, and I'm kinda convinced. Its hard to tell for sure, because of the following camera angles, but it looks like the ring off his right index finger is gone.
    I might be completely wrong but he does throw something small and gold out, and its too big to be a stud and it is at the end of the second last song that night so it would be like him to throw some kind of thank you into the audience.
    As I say, maybe wrong, but if any of you get the chance to review this tell me what you think. And come on MGM EOT Special Edition soon please!

Hmmm...I'll watch that scene again and let you know what I find out...thanks!!

EDIT: Just watched it and I honestly still don't know what Elvis threw out into the audience....
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 04-04-2007 at 07:34 AM.

Backstage Pass President Presley's Avatar
    Does anybody have a ring or something else Elvis gave to his fans?
    Or are they all sold on EBay?

I have an original TCB necklace, a blue satin stage shirt worn during 1972, a pair of his silver avaitor glasses worn circa 1969-70, and an original red satin Elvis In Concert jacket made and used for the June 77 tour. I purchased these items from Elvis' relatives and several members of the memphis mafia who were hard up for money once the gravy train left the station.

Also have a large clump of Elvis' hair given to me by Gil Gilliland (one of Elvis' hairdressers) Its a little bizzare I guess, but I'll take what I can get. Aside from Elvis' personal belongings, my favorite treasures are the autographed tour book pages he so graciously signed for me. I was only 13 at the time, what a memory that is
    If your an Elvis fan, no explanation is necessary....
    If your not, no explanation is possible!

Re: Anyone know what Bohega asked?

TRUE-STORY...A female fan called Bohega went to see Elvis in
    concert in August 1970. She gave Elvis a drawing of him she made. And
    she asked if Elvis would sign a Vegas Menu she had. He said 'sure. time
    out fol...ks'..
    She gave Elvis a pen (herself). And Bohega asked if he liked it. He
    ...said yes. He wrote for her 'Thanks for the present. Love, Elvis
    Presley'.Then she noticed the ring on his finger.. And she asked if she
    may have it.. He said 'I can't do that I'm sorry'. After he signed the
    Menu he took up the drawing and walked to Charlie to gave him that.
    Elvis still had the pen in his hand. Bahiga told her that she wanted it
    back. He walked back to her and gave her the pen, and sang the song…Just Pretend

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Yeah... and it was worst when they tried to get his rings off his fingers. That?s stealing man
    Yep, I've always believe that, I mean just like that: Elvis I love you now you give me that! Yes I know Elvis said the fans put those fingers on his fingers by buying the records or going to concerts etc. But that does not mean you go an ask for it, that is just bad taste, now to just take them, what was wrong with some people?

It's the classic of when people are given something, they want more. I would think that just being present at one of Elvis' concerts would be more than enough.

What The Girl Asked Elvis, { TRUE STORY }
    A female fan called Bohega went to see Elvis in concert in August 1970. She gave Elvis a drawing of him she made. And she asked if Elvis would sign a Vegas Menu she had. He said 'sure. time out folks'.. She gave Elvis a pen (herself). And Bohega asked if he liked it. He said yes. He wrote for her 'Thanks for the present. Love, Elvis Presley'.Then she noticed the ring on his finger.. And she asked if she may have it.. He said 'I can't do that I'm sorry'. After he signed the Menu he took up the drawing and walked to Charlie to gave him that. Elvis still had the pen in his hand. Bahiga told her that she wanted it back. He walked back to her and gave her the pen, and sang the song…Just Pretend… !

all right one more

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    It's the classic of when people are given something, they want more. I would think that just being present at one of Elvis' concerts would be more than enough.
    How could anyone disagree.

OMG what a good post!!
    Last edited by EnigmaticSun; 11-12-2010 at 09:49 AM. Reason: it's perfect empire decline
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

IMO Elvis was being funny when he said "Sorry i can't do that"! He had her Pen & she wanted it back
    I'm the King of the Jungle, They call me Tigerman

]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast