Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragonheart FTD (jewelcase version)

I know I said I wouldn't make another cover until I got my scanner, but what the heck. Here is my latest design

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    Looking great.... .BUT.... why are the pictures on the front (and backside of the front) so overcolored? The picture on the back is clear and of a good quality.

Looking promising
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Maybe I was a little heavy with the brightness and contrast lol. You think I should tweak them a bit?

I changed it a little. This is the best I could do as I had to make the blacks match. It's a slight improvement.

That looks a little better unchained. I'll have another shot at fixing it later. I just noticed an error in the large version of the back cover anyway

I think I fixed it.

If enough people want it, i'll upload the covers in high quality.

I think I fixed it.

If enough people want it, i'll upload the covers in high quality.

No you don't

You are using PhotoImpact, right? What version? How come you're using the contrastversion, while the original picture is bright (like the one on the backcover). Unchained's version looks way better (more natural). Personally I don't look that heavy overcolored pictures. You're sooo close to getting it right (and delivering a great cover)

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

Well, basically i'm cheating lol. The black in the original pictures is much lighter then the black I want to use. The easiest way to solve this is to darken the blacks on the picture so it blends in with the background. I probably could go around the picture and erase all the black around Elvis, but then you run into the hair problem. I'm actually using Photoshop 7.

This is what the original pic looks like...

I don't think it's the most natural looking pic to begin with.

This is what the original pic looks like...

I don't think it's the most natural looking pic to begin with.

Then Unchained did a good job brighten it up:

Perhaps he can help you on this issue?

I think i'll give it another shot. I should have it up by tomorrow.

How about now?

I dunno man. It looks fine to me. Considering how red the orginal pic is, I think it looks just fine now.

I dunno man. It looks fine to me. Considering how red the orginal pic is, I think it looks just fine now.

And that's the most important thing. But to me, Unchained's version looks much more natural than your overcolored version. Why don't you try to do what Unchained did (select face and hand, and reduce the amount of red). It might be something you can use in the future on other pictures :wink:

But I must say, besides the heavy tan of Elvis, the whole cover looks superb. Love it. Does those Japanes things mean anything?

I actually did decrease the amount of red in his hands and face. I even added some yellow for good measure lol. To be honest I don't see much difference in colour between unchained's and mine. But yeah, i'm happy with it and i'm gonna stick with it

I downloaded a japanese font and typed in "dragonheart" and those are the symbols that came up

BTW, i'm going to upload it to the FTP server soon for anyone who wants to download it, or just see it in full size and quality

It's a nice design, but Albert is right about the redness. Unchained's version has much more natural skin tones.

You may want to address that before uploading full size versions, please announce it when the full size versions are ready for checking out.

The Japanese font is a nice touch.

'What, honey ? ..... one scarf for the balcony ?! ........... OK ........... gimme a baseball ! ............ there's no way unless you put a rock in it'.

(Las Vegas - 7th December 1975)

One good thing about you guys is, you never let me settle lol.

How about this?

Ok, i'm gonna try again lol.

It's probably still not right but...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast