Thread: Going to Graceland

Going to Graceland

Hi, guys.

My best friend and I are going to Memphis for spring break to see Graceland, Beale Street, and the ducks and stuff (mainly for Graceland!). She used to live in Memphis but wasn't a big Elvis fan at the time, and she was pretty young so doesn't remember much about it. I thought maybe some of you folks here could help us out with some suggestions as to the best times during the day to visit Graceland. Is it more crowded in the morning or afternoon? Does anyone have any tips for restaurants, etc? It'll be my first time to Graceland, I'm very excited!

Thanks for any info in advance, everyone, it will be appreciated!

Don't forget the dip! LOL!!

Hi there, I went to Graceland last year and it was just fantastic. One of the best tips I can give you is this - if you want to get a good photo taken in front of the house, go on the very last tour of the day. If you do that, there won't be as many people about, and also there won't be any more buses to get in the way of your photo. A security guard at Graceland gave me this tip, which I was very grateful for.

You could also get a VIP pass as well. Although I didn't get one myself (there was that much happening with our group, I didn't have the time), but this VIP ticket gets you into Graceland anytime of the day, for as many times as you want (for one day only). Hope this helps.

Roustabouts

Smile

We were at Graceland last year during early May and it was not too crowded. We did a morning tour and just took our time looking at things. Probably spent almost 2 hours in the house and on the grounds. We stayed at the Heartbreak Hotel which was nice. Nothing fancy but there are 2 stations of all Elvis movies running 24 hours a day! We also ate at Marla's which will come pick you up in a pink caddy limo if you stay at the Heartbreak Hotel. TONS of Elvis Memerobilia at this restaurant and great ribs!

We thought it was actually more crowded at the "Peabody Ducks" than at Graceland. Kind of disappointing.

We Loved, loved, loved our night on Beale Street, the music, the food, the drinks.....it was just fun!

HAVE A GREAT TIME! Elvis Rocks!

That VIP pass sounds interesting, bittersuite.

Copy Elvis Rocks, tocancun. I'm really looking forward to Beale Street as well!

Thanks for the tips, everyone! (Especially yours, JLGB )

Quote Originally Posted by sackofnachos View Post
    That VIP pass sounds interesting, bittersuite.

Copy Elvis Rocks, tocancun. I'm really looking forward to Beale Street as well!

Thanks for the tips, everyone! (Especially yours, JLGB )

hey a good place to eat there is Marlow's....if you want some good bbq here is the place...just a few blocks from graceland on Epe.blvd.......graceland is usually flowing with guests...so i'd go in the afternoon....beale street is awesome...if your over 21 you'll have a good time...soo much blues...good shops...nice people....hope you enjoy your trip....

Brandy

Thanks very much, Brandy, great advice.

On a more serious note..take a walk up to the meditation garden at around 6 AM.(before the tours).. a beautiful quiet experience.

Cadillac King
    I've been there in 1999 for one and a half day and I hope to get back there again, just longer then. It was awsome!!. Unfortunately we missed Bealestreet during the night, because we were there at daytime and left to our hotel at 18.00 hours. The cabguy that picked us up was very friendly and gave us a special tour along some sightseeings(for the normal prise) before he brought us to Bealestreet. (We didn't know at that time that the best time in Bealestreet is at night, so we went in daytime. Which was great too.) We had a great time and walked around Bealestreet and the rest of the aeria there and ate at Hardrock caf?. When we called a cab at about 18. O' clock we (surprisingly) got the same cab guy and we where glad about it. He was surprised too: that we were going back so early. He said: "Are you leavin' allready? It's just getting started now." But we were tiered of all the walking and just wanted to get some rest. (I also wanted to see Graceland by night, before we would leave home again) I told the cabguy: Oh don't be affraid. We won't miss a thing, because we're comin' back. Lol.
    I whish you two and all the ones that are going to Graceland a great time and lots of fun.

Christel (TCE)

Roustabouts
    Quote Originally Posted by tocancun View Post
    We were at Graceland last year during early May and it was not too crowded. We did a morning tour and just took our time looking at things. Probably spent almost 2 hours in the house and on the grounds. We stayed at the Heartbreak Hotel which was nice. Nothing fancy but there are 2 stations of all Elvis movies running 24 hours a day! We also ate at Marla's which will come pick you up in a pink caddy limo if you stay at the Heartbreak Hotel. TONS of Elvis Memerobilia at this restaurant and great ribs!

We thought it was actually more crowded at the "Peabody Ducks" than at Graceland. Kind of disappointing.

We Loved, loved, loved our night on Beale Street, the music, the food, the drinks.....it was just fun!

HAVE A GREAT TIME! Elvis Rocks!
    Sorry, that's MARLOWE'S restaurant.