Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live in L.A Book and Soundboard.

Live in L.A Book and Soundboard.

Great new FTD releases,but can anyone tell if the L.A. FORUM 1974 show was the famous one which LED ZEPPELIN attended and met Elvis afterwards.Elvis was reportedly on top form that night, lets hope so?

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    I am pretty sure that this is the same show where Elvis met Led Zeppelin...

The L.A. '74 show is indeed a VERY GOOD SHOW (as was the afternoon show as well) and Elvis was definitely looking and feeling good, in my opinion. I am guessing that there will be some GREAT photos in the book that accompanies the CD!!!

TCB!
    Mike

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

This will be a Fantastic FTD Book/CD combination...simply because their is Zero doubt that Elvis was in great form here! When that is the case even 'routine' shows are MOST Welcome!

Is there any photo of Elvis with Plant or Page? does anybody knows any story about that meeting?

this book and cd are very much anticipated and the photos will be nice to see from both shows, the only ones that came out were from TOM MC ALLISTER, some years ago[nice ones admitedly], i do hope that the source tape is 1 st gen/original, and not a copy or audience tape as suspected, it's always hard to believe ERNST , as some years ago he denied that this tape was in existence[and now it has surfaced] without any explanation, anyhow nice to add to the collection.i also hope that they are not the photos from bonja as being a member of his p,p.t.m club there will be alot of dupelicates.
    Last edited by memphis 77; 03-04-2007 at 02:06 AM.

Southeastern Portion of These Here United States
    This project sounds very exciting!

Not only was he looking good during this period, vocally it was a period that imo was one of his best in the 70's.
    "Don't tamper with the property of the U.S. Male"

It's a nice release, but the price will be high. I guess I will wait until it hits Ebay and at a cheaper price.

I wish they would give fans the option to buy the cd's without the books. I had to pass on Flashback and The Way It Was due to the prices, and now that they've been deleted they're selling on Amazon for exhorbitant prices. But isn't some of the flashback tracks on the great Elvis Presley FTD?

I did manage to get Rockin' Across Texas.

Cadillac King
    I have no interest in this release.

I look forward to this release. Shoud be some great photos from this period!

Over the weekend i gave this show a listen too(from 'fair' Quality audience recordings. Few things are 'special' here and a treat to look forward too.Main show runs approx 1 hour and Elvis sings well throughout, an early 'highlight' is Elvis (unusually) getting a reprise to feature J.D.Sumner on LOVE ME! ... now WAS that because Led Zeppalin WERE in the audience? after all Elvis CLEARLY introduces them just before FUNNY HOW TIME SLIPS AWAY! Oddly enough 'TRILOGY' is the 'Disneyland' version whereas the A/S version was better, completely 'straight' YOU CAN HAVE HER is a wonderful 'surprise' and runs for approx 2'.25" All in all a great show but also 'pretty routine' what happened to YOU DON'T HAVE TO SAY YOU LOVE ME from the recorded show on 10th May? NOT worth inclusion here?

Quote Originally Posted by pete dube View Post
    I wish they would give fans the option to buy the cd's without the books. I had to pass on Flashback and The Way It Was due to the prices, and now that they've been deleted they're selling on Amazon for exhorbitant prices. But isn't some of the flashback tracks on the great Elvis Presley FTD?

I did manage to get Rockin' Across Texas.

Hey Pete, How did you like the book/cd "Rockin' Across Texas" ?

Is it really worth almost $70 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raised on Rock View Post
    Is there any photo of Elvis with Plant or Page? does anybody knows any story about that meeting?

Check out the 'Attention for Roger and Ernst' post.
    "Mr Dickman certainly can take care of himself."

Quote Originally Posted by King_Creole View Post
    Hey Pete, How did you like the book/cd "Rockin' Across Texas" ?

Is it really worth almost $70 ?
    In my opinion yes. For that price you get a book chock full of great photos of Elvis in his various Texas concert performances from the 50's and 70's. In addition there are two soundboard shows included, one from '74 the other from '76. The '74 show is a really good performance, but the sound quality is fairly good, but not great. The '76 show has better sound, but the quality of Elvis' performance is hit & miss. He sounds a bit sluggish overall.

Still, a thick photo book and 2 soundboard shows all for $70.00 is a good deal IMO.

Same here I'm Have To Pass On this Release because if Cost Of It, Somehow I will Get One after few Months of release Date. and Same As for Golden Records, Volume two. That left for An American Trilogy Release, I might get that one if I can find right cost on it.
    Tom
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

well the ONLY reason i can possibly imagine for 1 book covering L.A. 74 E/S soundboard WITH book is that the photo QUALITY MUST be excellent..... now if the QUALITY IS EXCELLENT then i'm prepared to pay for it!
    Cooking up a Storm!

Sorry for the dumb question - WHAT is a Soundboard?

Soundboard

Soundboards were recorded by RCA directly from the mixing desk at a lot - but not all - of Elvis' shows. The equipment wasn't perfect and not every show was done in its entirety.

The FTD releases (concerts) are mostly soundboards.

The quality is usually very good to excellent, but most of them feel a bit too bassy to me. Anyone else feel that?

Quote Originally Posted by srj1967 View Post
    Soundboards were recorded by RCA directly from the mixing desk at a lot - but not all - of Elvis' shows. The equipment wasn't perfect and not every show was done in its entirety.

The FTD releases (concerts) are mostly soundboards.

The quality is usually very good to excellent, but most of them feel a bit too bassy to me. Anyone else feel that?
    I get it. Thank you for the information!

From Elvis Presley Blvd Lonniebealestreet's Avatar
    They are mono recordings, it's also worth noting. Some do not sound that great and some are quite good for what they are, but most are a far cry from the quality you get in a professional, multi-track recording.

If they weren't recordings of Elvis Presley, people would not generally choose to buy them. But as such they are to be treasured.
    ...you won't forget me when I go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast