Thread: Announcement

I'd just like to tell you guys that I will not be making anymore covers until my scanner arrives. The reason being, I have simply run out of quality pictures and I want all of my future designs to be 300dpi.

Until it arrives I will just sit back and enjoy everybody else's designs

Heartbreak Hotel, Room 11 Albert's Avatar
    With the first lines I thought that you was quiting. But the rest of your post was a complete 180 degrees turnaround. Great news!

What scanner have you ordered?

I have a Canon D1250U2 scanner and a Canon i550 printer. Pretty happy about them (although I paid way to much for it, because a few months later the better versions were cheaper than the versions I've bought :cry: )
    ‎"A year from now, you'll wish you had started today"

Follow TCB-World on Twitter for website updates and Elvisnews: http://twitter.com/tcbworldcom

It's a Visioneer One Touch 7100D USB Scanner. I actually won it in a design competition. I have no idea if it's any good. I've never had a scanner in my life.

Why WildStyle?

Off course a scanned picture is better then a internet picture, but to me with internet pictures you must really use your creativity to the fullest. And with scanned pictures people tempt to get a little lazy and go for the easier designs.  

95% of the covers I made are made with Internet picture, and I can go on for 2 to 3 years using internet pictures.

Unchained.
    Well, I just don't like having to enlarge the pictures. They lose too much quality and become too pixelated. I'd rather have some high quality pics to work wth. I may not totaly give up on internet pictures though as I only have a few Elvis books.

I like to design in 300dpi, so the pixels amount to 2835 x 1417.

I'm annoyed that what I think was my best design (Elvis Sings The Blues) is only a measley 72dpi.

You are right. I've only recently started learning about all that dpi stuff lol. I'm trying to stay as profossional as possible

I just like making covers to impress you guys lol. And for you guys to use. My printer is too crappy for my liking. Too many black dots.

It's about 5 years old so I shouldn't expect too much from it