Thread: It's true,Even Us Average Fans Can Be Part Of An Elvis Monument

It's true,Even Us Average Fans Can Be Part Of An Elvis Monument

Since Elvis statues are being discussed,I thought I would post this info for everyone.In the mail yesterday I got a flyer from the folks involved with Elvis Presley Heights.They are constructing a memorial "Elvis Wall" there.In my flyer was a form to fill out where I could write down my name and those of my family.They are willing to take this info and then put it onto the wall itself.Hence I would become part of the wall for all eternity.I would also recieve an official certicate showing the location of the names I sent.I would even get one of those neat paper etching things like they use on tombstones to trace over the names I sent.I can be part of history for only $100.For each name that is.This service is available online.I think it was elvispresleyheights.com.If you of you feel the need to leave your everlasting mark on the Elvis world this is your chance.
    Jak

Memorial

Unless this is sanctioned by EPE, then I would suggest this is a blatant rip-off.

$100 for your name on a bloody wall? Come off it ...

On second thought, even if this is sanctioned by EPE ... it's still ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by srj1967 View Post
    Unless this is sanctioned by EPE, then I would suggest this is a blatant rip-off.

$100 for your name on a bloody wall? Come off it ...

On second thought, even if this is sanctioned by EPE ... it's still ridiculous!
    I think you very well may be correct: 100 beans to be included ...in what? From the brief info given, I'd say it has the ear-marks of a rip-off.

This wall is a fine tribute to Elvis in the "Elvis Presley Trauma Centre" in a hospital in Memphis. We were looking at it in 2002. Many Elvis fan clubs and Elvis fans are represented. The plaques cost more than 1,000 dollars if I remember correctly. Donations were also accepted.

A fine tribute to Elvis.

A couple tried an Elvis graveyard in Presley heights inTupelo, fans could be buried there! The memorial wall is their latest idea we met them in 2002. Methinks that will fail too :-)

You can write your name or whatever you like on the wall in front of Graceland .....for free.

Not to discount any donations to help the children at St.Judes ....But, if you want to do that, suggest donating directly to the hospital for that . Just to be sure it gets where it's supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by ajr View Post
    Not to discount any donations to help the children at St.Judes ....But, if you want to do that, suggest donating directly to the hospital for that . Just to be sure it gets where it's supposed to.
    Yes that was the idea of my post.

I dislike the graffiti on the Graceland wall it cheapens Elvis's image, but that's just my personal view. Jerry Lee Lewis ranch entrance is defaced with the same kind of stuff.

I feel it would be more respectful to have a notice board at Graceland if fans want to leave a message.

Most Elvis fans spend a small fortune on Elvis's music already, that's a fine tribute too. :-)

Memorial

An Elvis fan cemetery is quite sickening.

I would also never write anything on the walls at Graceland. I know Elvis disliked this, so I respect his wishes ...
    Last edited by srj1967; 02-07-2007 at 07:52 AM.

re

i was in memphis last october and i have write on the wall...
    If i knew he didn't like that,i wouldn't have done it
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

I never heard Elvis didn't like signing on the wall. Not disagreeing; just never heard that.
    It was going on long before 1977 & Elvis came to the gate to visit with his fans . Seems he might have told them.

I don't consider it cheapening Elvis' image though. It is just a form of acknowledgement to how one feels about him. There are many things that cheapen his image worse that we should have complained about years ago.

Perhaps ,one might suggest a message board to Lisa .

Not many people would like graffiti on the front garden walls of their home. I'm sure Elvis may have tolerated it.

But I doubt very much if he liked it. Would anyone? What a mess it was sometimes going by the photo, and what we saw with our own eyes.

If one can't get to Memphis it seems EPE understands & has provided a Virtual Wall to express your feelings.

http://www.elvis.com/vigilcast/show_messages.asp

This sounds like another brilliant idea to gain more wealth at the expense of Elvis. People never stop coming up with all kinds of ideas simply for the purpose of business and certainly they love to use the name of Elvis for this unfair practice. Let the man rest in peace !

I've also read about this wall that was mentioned where you can pay $100 to have your name included...don't remember where I read it - I have also signed the virtual wall that EPE offers online.....as for people signing the wall outside graceland, I was told it started with girls leaving their phone #'s for Elvis and just grew from there.