Thread: Question About Rca And Ftd...

Question About Rca And Ftd...

I have a question...Why does RCA does not have all the recordings that FTD have. They are over in Demark and all the good stuff goes on the FTD and it is really wonderful and does a very good job doing this. Now, RCA, why don't they have the recording and does not put out enought for around here? Why does Demark have the recordings and how did they get it? Understand what I'm saying? Sheila

Well, RCA and FTD basically are one and the same, Sheila.

The FTD label was created as a collectors label only, releasing the rare stuff, mainly to try and stop the many "illegal" import releases, by releasing the rare material themselves.

Sonny

FTD is part of the main label.The material that FTD releases for the most part just doesnt have a place on the main label.Meaning it wouldnt be that profitable to release on the main label.FTD is basically serving the collector's market.
    Jak

Okay that answers my question....why does it have to be in Denmark to make them and release it? Why not here?

THe FTD Is Base In Denmark, I wonder That Myself, why not In USA, We know That Stuff is In Indianaplois and New York. RCA Is Part Of FTD Label.
    Someone say there no Market for Soundboard Concerts in opening Market
    I think there some kind market for them In USA.
    It's like Singles now, It cost Too Much Make A Single Cd and there no Market In USA For Them.
    Tom
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

I wish I could afford the FTD cd's sometimes you can find a bargain on ebay.
    Its too bad cause I need more Elvis

I wish that we could find them around here like Best Buy or at Walmart stores. They would be able to sell more than in Demark...know what I mean? Hey, I don't even have a credit card to order the FTD when I want them! I had to get my friends or a member of the family to order one for me, see. So having cash and go to Walmart would be real nice to buy the FTDs there! Right?

I Wish That Is easy buy them. the cost are high. for one Cd's 29.95, some double CD are same cost .
    maybe same day they in stores,
    you try the used and new music stores to find one of FTD used one .
    There used store have them, maybe not alot them, good lucky Tom
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

re

I live in the netherlands,and we can buy the FTD neither in stores,i have to order them on the internet...
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    I have not found a store yet that sells FTD's. The only place I've been to that had them for sale was the Gift Shops that are right across the street from Graceland. So it's either buy from their, or order from the internet paying high prices.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977