Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: who do you hate most in THE ELVIS WORLD and WHY

who do you hate most in THE ELVIS WORLD and WHY

so other than yours truly, who do you hate in the ELVIS world and why? I sure have a list that's way to long, and reasons why, my first pick would have to be ESPOSITO, Ii just got to talkin with a fan who told me that he attended a convention lst summer amd ESPOSITO was guest of honour, and all he wanted to talk about was the idea of his new book, and was charging 20 .00 per autograph and photo, not to mention his fee for attending the event $1000.00, i mean is this clown for real, i understand the appearance fee[way to **************** high, i'd rather have ELVIS dog GET LO[if he were still with us], but to charge fans money for autograph, please where is your sense of decency man, I can only blame fans who pay and make a fuss over such tripe as this, i know that CHARLIE also charged fans 10.00 a autograph in 78 at the 78 CONVENTION, he soon stopped because he became so hated by fans for doing this. I say ESPOSITO would be more suited as a dog catcher, or hot dog vendor[stop ripping the fans off and have some respect for the same people ELVIS PRESLEY had respect for. sorry just my little rant, ok guys your next.

TCB Mafia
    My pet hate in the Elvis World is Elvis' old record company RCA. Through bad record keeping they lost millions of Elvis' record sales receipts thus allowing today's pretenders e.g. Michael Jackson, Garth Brooks, The Beatles, Madonna etc., to lay claim to being the biggest selling artists of all time.

Brian

Hate ....

is a pretty strong word. I can't say I really hate anyone.

I tend to ignore all the MM and anyone that claims to know everything about Elvis Presley. IMO, No one knows everything about him and never will.

I agree hate it is a strong word, i just take some things i hear with a pinch of salt.
    elvislady

Quote Originally Posted by ajr View Post
    is a pretty strong word. I can't say I really hate anyone.

I tend to ignore all the MM and anyone that claims to know everything about Elvis Presley. IMO, No one knows everything about him and never will.
    Very well said! I can't waste my valuable time in hating all the disagreable people - I try, and sometimes it's hard, to look for what's positive.

Anyway, reardging the MM et al, I have trouble taking them seriously anymore.
    Last edited by jadedragon61; 02-02-2007 at 01:30 PM.

What I hate about that In USA We can't buy FTD In Stores, Only In Graceland Music Shop or On line, I think they sure have release the Classics Releases In Stores, I know there not place for Concert stuff In The Market
    In Stores, If It FRom TTWII concerts , there alot market for that anf Elvis On Tour.
    I like See Release next is compete show of August 13th, 1970, Dinner show
    It's One Show Look good show On Paper and What We have From It.

TOm
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

re

I can't say i hate anyone but sometimes things happen and i can get mad about that.
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

I guess if I had to hate anything it would be the Elvis imitators. Most do not sound at all like him. Most do not resemble him. Then people who see them and are not as familiar with his true vocal range and abilities think "Oh thats what he sounded like" I think I'd rather see them lip sync to his recordings than actually sing.

TCB Mafia
    EPE. i dont hate them, i hate some of the things they do

Roustabouts
    impersonators --- can't stand 'em

TCB Mafia
    oh yeah! impersonators too. how could i forget that

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    There is too much hate within the Elvis world. As soon as I feel hate I'm going to get professionel help because hate is a very destructive emotion.
    Hating someone or something will only hurt you.

Besides that, how can you hate someone you have never met, someone who never did anything to harm you personally.
    I am not pleased with some of the actions of some people around Elvis.
    I do not like the way Elvis legacy have been treated.
    And I do not like the way some companies like RCA and EP are handling things. But I don't hate them. I do not have any right to do that.

Thats an excellent Post Leroy.

I agree 100% with you LeRoy... good post. Dovey

Have to admit that there are a few that I dislike but" Hate " is a strong word and I do not hate anybody. (Love Elvis )
    Get Him, get him~~Hot D*** ~~ he's a Squirrel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI7WiBUN_Bw

I agree 100%, hate is destructive. I also dislike some of the people who surrounded Elvis and dislike things that have been said and done by many but hate is much too strong............Diane

I find Impersonators a big embarrassment.

I hate them as a 'concept', I don't know all of them individually so I can't say I hate them, but I hate them as a 'concept', i.e getting up on stage in a jumpsuit and belting out to Elvis tunes to those foolish enough to pay for it.

re hate

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    There is too much hate within the Elvis world. As soon as I feel hate I'm going to get professionel help because hate is a very destructive emotion.
    Hating someone or something will only hurt you.

Besides that, how can you hate someone you have never met, someone who never did anything to harm you personally.
    I am not pleased with some of the actions of some people around Elvis.
    I do not like the way Elvis legacy have been treated.
    And I do not like the way some companies like RCA and EP are handling things. But I don't hate them. I do not have any right to do that.
    leroy , fyi, i witnessed 36 performances, and had the pleasure of seeing him exit and enter, hotels, I among others like the late LEN LEECH, JOHN GADORE, JUDY PALMER, were witness to the way that he barked and treated fans then, if you were taking pics of E.P. especially off stage believe you me this guy was the worst, he would try to cut you down bad, in all the years that THE WESTS were around they never treated fans half as bad as this fool, he's trash, he needs the fans now to buy his books, photos[many that are not even his, ] an oppoutunist in the greatest sense of the word, i have nothing but sure contempt for this clown. LEROY before ya post , and quote, get the facts right, your entitled to your opinion and i'm entitled to mine, MAYBE ELVIS should have charged for his autograph, and to take a picture with him too.[again just my view/opinion]

I don't think Leroy meant it like you think.

He's right, I've seen too much hate & hurt in Elvis World. Elvis wouldn't like that, I don't think. Though he had a terrible temper himself.

I can't stand Esposito, but hate isn't a word I'd use for him. I'm just indifferent to him & anything he or the MM says.
    I don't buy their books either .....

Cadillac King
    I don't hate anyone in the Elvis world. I never concerned myself with the Elvis world (then or now). Never concerned myself wth the "Colonel", Priscilla, the "Mafia", or whatever. The only thing that ever interested me in the Elvis world was Elvis' music. Yes, I'm aware of the existence of all the other "stuff". But I just don't care. If you want to talk about his music, great!! Otherwise, go away.

Roustabouts
    I dont like that people have such different versions of same stories when it comes to Elvis. It generally seems that Priscilla has her versions and MM has their own. And theres a whole bunch of people too that tell same stories in such different versions that I dont know who to believe.

I dont hate anyone, I just dont like that.
    Up in the northern land, where the polarbears grawl at the streets....Lived a girl and I swear to the world, is called IDDYTREAM!!

Quote Originally Posted by ajr View Post
    Hate is a pretty strong word. I can't say I really hate anyone.
    I agree... Though I don't like C. Parker at all...
    Let the stars fade and fall, and I won't care at all, as long as I have you.
    Elvis...

http://myantiquemusicbox.wordpress.com/
    http://wendy56.wordpress.com/

"You've got it all together like a lovin' machine
    You're lookin' like glory and walkin' like a dream...
    Mother nature's sure been good to Y-O-U"

Wendy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast