View Poll Results: Vote For This Jumpsuit

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 out of 10

    3 4.11%
  • 4 out of 10

    4 5.48%
  • 6 out of 10

    11 15.07%
  • 8 out of 10

    12 16.44%
  • 10 out of 10

    43 58.90%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

Thread: Black Pinwheel (aka) Black Matador Jumpsuit (1971-1972)

  1. #21
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993
    From what photo's I have seen I have never seen Elvis wear the original belt with this suit

  2. #22
    TCB Mafia LianaKaralivanou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    1,250
    I like this jumpsuit but to be honest with you, I prefer Elvis dressed in white...
    Goodbye Rosanne...Your "family" in TCB will always remember you.

  3. #23
    International Level jean francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    canada quebec
    Posts
    976
    I love it thank you

  4. #24
    International Level nabelt24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    579
    Here's a wallpaper that Harry (hcvegas) put together of this suit! It's fantastic! I'm sure this took a while to do? Great work, Harry!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WP_blackpinwheel_hc08.jpg  

    Nathan Belt
    www.nathanbelt.com

  5. #25
    Backstage Pass Diane Lynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    159
    I Want Footage I Want Footage I Want A Concert
    ''Baby I dun told you, after the show"

  6. #26
    Backstage Pass Diane Lynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    159
    I Love The Black Suits
    ''Baby I dun told you, after the show"

  7. #27
    TCB Mafia The King's Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,467
    Great suit! He looked smokin' hot too...

    Daddy, I miss you more every day. You will always be my hero..

  8. #28
    TCB Mafia easyrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Black Pinwheel (aka) Black Matador Jumpsuit (1971-1972)

    Great photos!!!!

  9. #29
    Mad Tigers
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    26

    Re: Black Pinwheel (aka) Black Matador Jumpsuit (1971-1972)

    Look at the windscreen on two of the pictures...and they are suposed to bee from Cleveland Ohio november 6, 1971 afternoon show (pictures taken from Paul Lichter book "From the city of brotherly love to the big apple".
    But Elvis did not use windscreen in 1971 ded he??? and the pictures is not from vegas january & february 1972 i think if you look at the background.
    So is this from the April tour, maybee Jacksonville evening show?? this is the only date i am not sure if the information we got from books and internet is corect.

    Noone

  10. #30
    International Level elvispresleytheking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    729

    Re: Black Pinwheel (aka) Black Matador Jumpsuit (1971-1972)

    I wonder why he didn't keep wearing it in 1972.

  11. #31
    International Level Leroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Rhenen - Holland.
    Posts
    845

    Re: Black Pinwheel (aka) Black Matador Jumpsuit (1971-1972)

    Quote Originally Posted by noone View Post
    Look at the windscreen on two of the pictures...and they are suposed to bee from Cleveland Ohio november 6, 1971 afternoon show (pictures taken from Paul Lichter book "From the city of brotherly love to the big apple".
    But Elvis did not use windscreen in 1971 ded he??? and the pictures is not from vegas january & february 1972 i think if you look at the background.
    So is this from the April tour, maybee Jacksonville evening show?? this is the only date i am not sure if the information we got from books and internet is corect.

    Noone
    It is Cleveland, November 6th.... he just took a different mike for a short while... It's probably the only time in 1971 you'll see him with a windscreenduring that year. There could have been a technical problem with the mic.

  12. #32
    International Level Leroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Rhenen - Holland.
    Posts
    845

    Re: Black Pinwheel (aka) Black Matador Jumpsuit (1971-1972)

    Quote Originally Posted by elvispresleytheking View Post
    I wonder why he didn't keep wearing it in 1972.
    It's quite possible Elvis did wear it in Vegas in Jan/Feb 1972. One of the reasons he did not keep on wearing it is because he wasn't fond of coloured jumpsuits, especially the darker ones because they were very hard to light on stage.
    Last edited by Leroy; 02-06-2009 at 01:19 PM.

  13. #33
    Mad Tigers
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    26

    Re: Black Pinwheel (aka) Black Matador Jumpsuit (1971-1972)

    Thank you :-)

  14. #34
    International Level elvispresleytheking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    729

    Re: Black Pinwheel (aka) Black Matador Jumpsuit (1971-1972)

    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    It's quite possible Elvis did wear it in Vegas in Jan/Feb 1972. One of the reasons he did not keep on wearing it is because he wasn't fond of coloured jumpsuits, especially the darker ones because they were very hard to light on stage.
    Hmm, but he did wear the black pyramid and the black conquistador that year, and the blue nail is my favorite jumpsuit.

  15. #35
    I'm only Your elvia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Poland - Europe
    Posts
    6,076

    Re: Black Pinwheel (aka) Black Matador Jumpsuit (1971-1972)

    Thank you, all for these wonderful pictures!I thimk that ELVIS looks very good in black ...
    I'll Remember You!!!

  16. #36
    International Level Leroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Rhenen - Holland.
    Posts
    845

    Re: Black Pinwheel (aka) Black Matador Jumpsuit (1971-1972)

    Quote Originally Posted by elvispresleytheking View Post
    Hmm, but he did wear the black pyramid and the black conquistador that year, and the blue nail is my favorite jumpsuit.
    He never wore a "Black Pyramid", simply because that suit doesn't excist. You are probably referring to the "Black Butterfly", a suit that has a resemblance to the "White Pyramid", only with tiny gold butterfly shaped nails, which go in the opposite direction....

    But you are right about Elvis wearing black. He even wore more black jumpsuits like the two different versions of the "Black Spanish Flower".

    One of the unique things about Elvis and his wardrobe design team is that Elvis always did put aside his personal taste, and he was always willing to try out new designs, even though he was not always as thrilled as the designers or the audiences. But if you look at his wardrobe you have to admit that the majority is white.... simply because this way Elvis was always visible on the stage.....

    Personally I believe that the black jumpsuits, especially the "Black Conquistador" and both "Black Spanish Flowers" were top designs and that Elvis looked at his best in darker suits.

  17. #37
    Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    5,993

    Re: Black Pinwheel (aka) Black Matador Jumpsuit (1971-1972)

    I agree that Black was a colour that flattered Elvis even if he didn't like it.

    The point in case would be the Two Piece Suits front 1975, they certainly helped when Elvis was heavier.

  18. #38
    International Level elvispresleytheking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    729

    Re: Black Pinwheel (aka) Black Matador Jumpsuit (1971-1972)

    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    He never wore a "Black Pyramid", simply because that suit doesn't excist. You are probably referring to the "Black Butterfly", a suit that has a resemblance to the "White Pyramid", only with tiny gold butterfly shaped nails, which go in the opposite direction....

    But you are right about Elvis wearing black. He even wore more black jumpsuits like the two different versions of the "Black Spanish Flower".

    One of the unique things about Elvis and his wardrobe design team is that Elvis always did put aside his personal taste, and he was always willing to try out new designs, even though he was not always as thrilled as the designers or the audiences. But if you look at his wardrobe you have to admit that the majority is white.... simply because this way Elvis was always visible on the stage.....

    Personally I believe that the black jumpsuits, especially the "Black Conquistador" and both "Black Spanish Flowers" were top designs and that Elvis looked at his best in darker suits.
    The black pyramid was the result of contradicting thoughts in my head, but thanks for the correction. Was the black butterfly worn in 1971, as EPE states?

  19. #39
    International Level Leroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Rhenen - Holland.
    Posts
    845

    Re: Black Pinwheel (aka) Black Matador Jumpsuit (1971-1972)

    No... as usual EPE has their facts wrong. The suit is a 1971 design (smaller bell bottoms) but it was delivered to Elvis in January 1972. The suit made its debut during the Jan/Feb 1972 season in Las Vegas and Elvis wore it a few times during that engagement using two different types of gold belts. He never wore it on a tour. There might be a possibility it was even used in Aug/Sept 1972 but that is pure speculation.....

    There's even a chance that the suit has two different versions. As you look at some of the pictures where Elvis is posing in the "Black Butterfly" you can see that the lining of the cape and the lining of the kick pleats are yellow. The version that is on display at Graceland has gold linings.

  20. #40
    International Level elvispresleytheking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    729

    Re: Black Pinwheel (aka) Black Matador Jumpsuit (1971-1972)

    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    No... as usual EPE has their facts wrong. The suit is a 1971 design (smaller bell bottoms) but it was delivered to Elvis in January 1972. The suit made its debut during the Jan/Feb 1972 season in Las Vegas and Elvis wore it a few times during that engagement using two different types of gold belts. He never wore it on a tour. There might be a possibility it was even used in Aug/Sept 1972 but that is pure speculation.....

    There's even a chance that the suit has two different versions. As you look at some of the pictures where Elvis is posing in the "Black Butterfly" you can see that the lining of the cape and the lining of the kick pleats are yellow. The version that is on display at Graceland has gold linings.
    Thanks again for your help. I know EPE also said the Spanish Flower suits were ONLY used in 1971, and I know that's not true.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Black Fireworks Jumpsuit (1971)
    By Jumpsuit Junkie in forum Jumpsuits
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-05-2013, 03:09 PM
  2. Black Butterfly aka Black Pyramid Jumpsuit (1972)
    By Jumpsuit Junkie in forum Jumpsuits
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 09:06 AM
  3. Black Conquistador Jumpsuit (1972)
    By Jumpsuit Junkie in forum Jumpsuits
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 02-03-2013, 03:11 AM
  4. White Pinwheel Jumpsuit (1971-1972)
    By Jumpsuit Junkie in forum Jumpsuits
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 05:45 PM
  5. Black Pinwheel 1971
    By Jumpsuit Junkie in forum Elvis Presley
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 07:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •