Thread: Is no news good news?

Is no news good news?

Can we assume that since we have not heard anything official as to what RCA will be releasing to mark the 30th anniversary this year, that it is good news? I remember reading online around this time in 2002 that the big plans for the 25th anniversary were to be the lost Ultimate Rock & Roll Album. But by April or May, it changed and went public in the media that RCA was going to release the #1 hits collection. Then the remix followed by mistake and became too big to be left off. It was also a good promotional tool to promote and sell the album. Now I would say that since we have not heard anything from anyone by now of what's to come could mean something BIG is in the works. But if that's the case, then RCA needs to do research and their homework as to what is and isn't marketable and where they went wrong the last time. If they do that and put a little effort into whatever they plan to release for the big anniversary, then it could be a big success and even a bigger surprise for us fans. I'm not holding my breath for anything spectacular or major like 30 #1 Hits was (they have dropped the ball way too many times), but I am keeping that door opened. Remember 30 is a bigger milestone and more important than 25.

I'm not sure the 30th is a bigger milestone than the 25th.More years have passed obviously, but hitting the quarter century mark after Elvis' passing was an amazing time in Memphis.It just seemed like a special number.I've been there for every 5th anniverssary.I thought the 10th year was incredible but it paled to the 25th.I dont ever see it being equalled.You had to be there to know what I mean.It's hard to describe what an almost magical time it turned out to be back then.
    Jak

Quote Originally Posted by jak View Post
    I'm not sure the 30th is a bigger milestone than the 25th.More years have passed obviously, but hitting the quarter century mark after Elvis' passing was an amazing time in Memphis.It just seemed like a special number.I've been there for every 5th anniverssary.I thought the 10th year was incredible but it paled to the 25th.I dont ever see it being equalled.You had to be there to know what I mean.It's hard to describe what an almost magical time it turned out to be back then.
    Jak

This could be the final big anniversary as we know it. Especially with the changes coming to Graceland in the near future. Those changes could be enough to upset or chase away the older die hards. So I see this being RCA's last big chance to place EP back at the top of the charts one more time. It's kind of like Michael Jordan coming out of retirement to play for the Washington Wizards. His last great moment was in the all star game and when he hit the go ahead basket in OT despite Kevin garnett won the game at the other end. Even though Jordan's team lost, everyone remembered the BIG shot he made late in the game. That's how I look at 2007 as being EP's last big hurrah.

By the way, 30 years marks 3 decades which carries more importance and value than does the quarter of a century mark.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Well i'm hoping the 30th will be the biggest one yet...
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Quote Originally Posted by EP75 View Post
    This could be the final big anniversary as we know it. Especially with the changes coming to Graceland in the near future. Those changes could be enough to upset or chase away the older die hards. So I see this being RCA's last big chance to place EP back at the top of the charts one more time. It's kind of like Michael Jordan coming out of retirement to play for the Washington Wizards. His last great moment was in the all star game and when he hit the go ahead basket in OT despite Kevin garnett won the game at the other end. Even though Jordan's team lost, everyone remembered the BIG shot he made late in the game. That's how I look at 2007 as being EP's last big hurrah.

By the way, 30 years marks 3 decades which carries more importance and value than does the quarter of a century mark.
    It's a matter of opinion but I think youre way off on the 30 year mark carrying more importance.It's all downhill after the 25th.The 15th was nothing compared to the 10th.It's gonna work the same way for the 30th.Im sorry but the next milestone is not until the 50th.I may still be here for it but I wouldnt expect great things.
    I dont know what RCA could pull out of the hat to get Elvis on top of the charts.I dont see what the big promotion is gonna be at all.Look at it objectively.What is left?The only thing that I personally could hope for would be the SE of EOT.Im not gonna hold my breath waiting for it though.Particulary since EPE has nothing to do with it.Im gonna be there for the 30th just like I always have been.Im just gonna keep my expectations in check.I do agree with one comment you made.It is going to be the last hurrah.
    Jak

TCB Mafia
    Interesting comment recently from Bob Sillerman of CKX, Inc.

"In all cases, there's more money performing than recording," he said, noting that future artists may create business models that focus on free recordings and paid performances. "Can't you imagine a millennium-born artist giving away music for free, and selling performances?" Sillerman asked, while reiterating that pre-recorded music will not be a breadwinner moving forward. "The music business does not mean selling recorded music, it means selling music," he said. This model seems to tie in with his Cirque Du Soleil/Elvis In Concert vision of 'live' performances and perhaps emphasising the importance of DVD releases over CD.

Looking to what's in store for 2007 I suspect that it will be the 'biggest bang for the buck' as they say. Just like the 'Elvis By The Presleys' release in that we had the Book, CD and DVD.

I do know that Sony BMG, as of yesterday, are still working on projects for 2007. I will post any news as soon as I can get it.

Brian