Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Elvis & Me' and 'Elvis the Movie'

Backstage Pass lawdy_missclawdy's Avatar

'Elvis & Me' and 'Elvis the Movie'

I absolutely loove these two movies about Elvis! Does anyone know when they're gonna be released on DVD?

Thanks,
    Isabella
    "It is no secret what God can do,
    and I believe there will be peace in the valley some day,
    so take my hand, precious lord, lead me and guide me."

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l4...is/twoebut.gif Please visit (:

Mad Tigers
    I've got it on dvd, transfered from my vhs tape, really good quality, no commercials.........

Elvis & Me, Elvis: The Movie

I have "Elvis And Me" on VHS. Is the other one the movie with Kurt Russell as Elvis? I think I have it on VHS too. Matt, you are lucky to have at least one of those on DVD.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Yep, i've got the Elvis & Me on dvd too..both parts..excellent stuff. Got mine from Matt
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Elvis And Me

Quote Originally Posted by Cheif77 View Post
    Yep, i've got the Elvis & Me on dvd too..both parts..excellent stuff. Got mine from Matt
    You are most fotrunate my friend, as my VHS copy is somewhere in storage. I envy you.

Backstage Pass lawdy_missclawdy's Avatar
    I've got "Elvis and Me" on DVD too, but yes, it's transfered from VHS .. The quality is not the best .. Does anyone know if it ever will be released on a "real" DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by vulcandude View Post
    Is the other one the movie with Kurt Russell as Elvis?
    Yes, it is. The director John Carpenter said, that there are several songs in the film, such as "Blue Moon Over Kentucky" whose master tapes belong to someone else. That's why they can't release the movie on DVD yet. He said this in 2003. That's a long time ago

http://members.tripod.com/~evilbaby/Elvis.html
    "It is no secret what God can do,
    and I believe there will be peace in the valley some day,
    so take my hand, precious lord, lead me and guide me."

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l4...is/twoebut.gif Please visit (:

I don't have both, I liked Elvis, The Movie, I don't care for Elvis and Me, It's long Time O watch or See both movies.
    Tom
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

Mad Tigers
    I also have John Carpenters "Elvis" which stars Kurt Russell on vhs which I put onto dvd, pretty good quality as well. I like both of them honestly, but John Carpenters version is by far the best I have seen in accurate portrayal of Elvis' life, excluding the ending where he returns to the stage

Mad Tigers
    I wonder if the reason why "Elvis" has never been released officially would be because of Ronnie McDowell vocals being used on it? He is the one who sang all the songs on that movie if I remember correctly

I have Elvis & Me on DVD...bought mine a couple of years ago...its great i love it!
    "Its An Elvis Thing Man, You Just Wouldn't Understand"

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...loveselvis.gif

Roustabouts
    I have both movies,"Elvis The Movie" is in good quality, "Elvis And Me" is in fantastic quality.Please check here: www.elviscollector.net

I loved "Elvis The Movie" and think it was done in good taste. Also liked Kurt Russell playing him.

I read the book "Elvis and Me" then saw the movie. Some things were different in the two.

Roustabouts
    i have all the above converted from vhs but quality is pretty good for a transfer.Elvis and Me is just for the collection really-i also have a good conversion of the first few episodes from Elvis Good Rockin Tonight with michael st gerard and Cilla narrating.This one i ADORE.IF anyone owns any titles and requires a back up copy on dvd mail me thru profile.Cheers
    HAPPY NEW YEAR-always for EP!
    Last edited by dave567; 01-01-2008 at 06:10 AM. Reason: spell check!

I don't like Elvis and Me. "Elvis" the movie I could tolerate, even though it's like 90% white washed. Did you notice that Charlie Hodge plays himself in it?

I've scene both on DVD before

I wouldn't own Elvis and Me as I feel it's a travesty on Elvis but I do have Elvis The Movie with Kurt Russel on VHS and feel he did a great job portraying him.

Diane

"Elvis and Me" was just an attempt on Priscillaīs part to keep being part of Elvisī legend (just in case we had forgotten she was once married with him) and the way SHE wanted it to be remembered IMO. She has never stoped to remind us it even though it is a burden for her...

I agree Donut. It's the way Elvis was portrayed in that movie that galled me with the sleazy looking actor and the exaggerated meanness and total disregard for her. I'm sure Elvis had a temper and that he wasn't always the most thoughtful husband but then I think they are rare anyway.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    It's the way Elvis was portrayed in that movie that galled me with the sleazy looking actor and the exaggerated meanness and total disregard for her.
    Diane
    Yes Diane. Thatīs the impression i got after watching it too. I wonder who chose the actor... they could have told him to cool it down a little if that wasnīt the intention with the film. Priscilla was the producer if Iīm not mistaken. Have you noticed she never tells nice or funny incidents happened with him? Thatīs really weird after having been together for some years.
    Maybe itīs just me who canīt remember them but the nicest thing Iīve heard of Elvis from her is he was a good father/husband... that after telling all his flaws and shortcomings over and over of course
    The MM tell the bad side of him aswell but at least we get to hear good recollections and funny stuff from them too, itīs more balanced in my opinion.

Loving elvis
    I want both of those movies really bad, have to keep looking for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    I wouldn't own Elvis and Me as I feel it's a travesty on Elvis but I do have Elvis The Movie with Kurt Russel on VHS and feel he did a great job portraying him.

Diane
    I agree with you Diane. I wouldn't take "Elvis and Me" if someone gave it to me. It's funny, but I still think that 30 years later Kurt Russell did the best job of any...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast