Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second tour after August 16, 1977? Help!

Second tour after August 16, 1977? Help!

Hi,

For years, I've seen concert tickets made available for the tour Elvis was due to begin in Portland Maine in August 17, 1977, which was supposed to finish in Memphis on the 28th.

However, I've also seen tickets available for another tour listed as September 1977.

Supposedly, dates listed were:

Sept 16: Terre Haute, Indiana
    Sept 20/22: Huntington, West Virginia
    Sept 26: Terre Haute
    Sept 28: Savannah, Georgia

This is the only list I could find. Seems pretty unlikely.

As far as I was aware, there was only one tour planned as Elvis died. I've always thought these September tickets were probably bogus.

Any ideas, anyone?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails septtix.jpg  
    Last edited by srj1967; 01-22-2007 at 11:21 AM.

re

I had read that list on a internetsite a while ago,and i was thinking about it too.
    But if i think about it,it could maybe be true that there were more tours planned,because they had too book the tours afcourse some time before the tour started and Elvis needed also money...he hadn't very much left.

Dave
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

International Level
    Tell me if I was wrong but wasn't Memphis at the end of the tour and thats why he lost all that weight? From pictures I've seen he looked like his old weight in 1972 he looked good, because he always wanted to look good for his hometown fans.

Love to all,
    Tim Dudley "A Tribute To Elvis Show"
    http://www.geocities.com/dudcowboy_1/

Never heard of a Sept. 1977 tour...seems highly possible though considering the pattern of concert tours in 76 and first half of 77. Wasn't Elvis also supposed to play the Hilton later in the year as well? I read somewhere once he was to open the new Pavillion in Oct 77...

re

yes he had lost weight for the Memphis concerts,because the last time he was in Memphis his show wasn't vey good.
    But i don't think he was like in 1972...i think he was like the december tour of 1976.
    I'd like to go to Graceland
    Memphis,Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Dudcowboy_1 View Post
    Tell me if I was wrong but wasn't Memphis at the end of the tour and thats why he lost all that weight? From pictures I've seen he looked like his old weight in 1972 he looked good, because he always wanted to look good for his hometown fans.

Love to all,
    Pictures from after the June 1977, tour?
    Elliot

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ruggishboo View Post
    Never heard of a Sept. 1977 tour...seems highly possible though considering the pattern of concert tours in 76 and first half of 77. Wasn't Elvis also supposed to play the Hilton later in the year as well? I read somewhere once he was to open the new Pavillion in Oct 77...

He was not going to be performing at the Hilton in 1977. He had the plans to open at another place. I heard he was suppose to be at the MGM Grand but that can't be because it wasn't even around in 1977. But I believe that there was at least two possiblities in mind for Elvis to be at in Vegas. But Hilton Hotel wasn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvislennon2004 View Post
    He was not going to be performing at the Hilton in 1977. He had the plans to open at another place. I heard he was suppose to be at the MGM Grand but that can't be because it wasn't even around in 1977. But I believe that there was at least two possiblities in mind for Elvis to be at in Vegas. But Hilton Hotel wasn't one of them.
    I didn't realize Elvis and the Hilton had severed their relationship. I know he only played a limited engagement in Dec 76; you got the sense he didn't want to be playing there anymore, but I thought it was more a case of he was totally burned out with Vegas than with the Hilton itself.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    That's very strange. Almost everybody in his surroundings claimed Elvis was heavier than before and although he was in high spirits and doing unusual things like sporting and playing racketball he was far from healthy.
    Personally I don't think he managed to have lost weight.
    I remember reading something in the book Elvis The Final Day's where Elvis was in his room with Ginger sometime in August of '77 and was saying "The Boys outta shape Gingerbread, its been too long since that last tour...too long.." So apparently he hadn't lost much weight....sad to say.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ruggishboo View Post
    I didn't realize Elvis and the Hilton had severed their relationship. I know he only played a limited engagement in Dec 76; you got the sense he didn't want to be playing there anymore, but I thought it was more a case of he was totally burned out with Vegas than with the Hilton itself.
    He was burned out with Vegas but he was really burned out on the Hilton. He loved Vegas until around the year of 1974. Then he hated Vegas, hated the Hilton and so on.
    According to books he quit the Hilton engagement to go out to more venues in Vegas to see if he can love Vegas as he used to. Colonel agree and he looked for other places. Only three out the many places at Vegas that Elvis wanted to performed at. One story is that he wanted to performed at the Sands Hotel. Sands was the place where the Rat Pack (Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Joey Bishop) mostly performed at in Vegas. The other part of the story is that Frank wanted Elvis there to bring in a new audience to the Sands. But when Elvis passed away all the ideas went with him. Colonel Tom Parker was entertainment adviser to the Hilton Hotels from 1980 to 1997.

International Level
    if you look at pictures of him around memphis up til last photo of him taken he looks very slim.

Love to all,

Yeah, but how many full body shots do we have of Elvis from August 1977...all the ones I have seen have been just his face..you can't say he was slim with just pics like that.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Back on track

Can we please get back on track with my thread? Anyone have any further info about a supposed September 1977 tour?

Thanks.

Cadillac King
    Quote Originally Posted by srj1967 View Post
    Hi,

For years, I've seen concert tickets made available for the tour Elvis was due to begin in Portland Maine in August 17, 1977, which was supposed to finish in Memphis on the 28th.

However, I've also seen tickets available for another tour listed as September 1977.

Supposedly, dates listed were:

Sept 16: Terre Haute, Indiana
    Sept 20/22: Huntington, West Virginia
    Sept 26: Terre Haute
    Sept 28: Savannah, Georgia

This is the only list I could find. Seems pretty unlikely.

As far as I was aware, there was only one tour planned as Elvis died. I've always thought these September tickets were probably bogus.

Any ideas, anyone?
    I'm not certain at 100% but I think Hartford (Connecticut) was also on the list. Bogarcon

Quote Originally Posted by srj1967 View Post
    Can we please get back on track with my thread? Anyone have any further info about a supposed September 1977 tour?

Thanks.
    http://www.elvis-in-concert.com/

This site has the tour schedule for that upcoming tour that never was..

Quote Originally Posted by Cheif77 View Post
    http://www.elvis-in-concert.com/

This site has the tour schedule for that upcoming tour that never was..
    Sorry srj1967 I don't have anything to contribute to your question at this time but I gotta say anyway...................Holy Moley Batman!

Is that site generally accepted as accurate Information by the Majority of TCB world and EIN etc? If so Thanks alot Cheif77. I'd never seen one that complete before.

According to the Pathologist, E had not lost any weight. From the autopsy photos, it looks as if he might have gained a few pounds.

BTW, I've held the jar that held his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuth Sim View Post
    BTW, I've held the jar that held his heart.
    I'm sorry, but that comment was so uncalled for and disrespectful on many levels imo..

Tour

Quote Originally Posted by bogarcon View Post
    I'm not certain at 100% but I think Hartford (Connecticut) was also on the list. Bogarcon
    No, Hartford was included in the August tour, for the 21st.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast