Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elvis sense of humor

Re: Elvis sense of humor

Always remember reading in Charlie Hodge's book where Elvis was in the garden of one of his Hollywood homes and he walked up to a statue of the Venus di Milo and started sining "Why,why,why Delilah".
    Also, if you said it was a nice day Elvis would reply "Thankyou."
    http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8558/42274.gif

Backstage Pass

I thought it was funny how he would sometimes say "That's tutt sheff, however you look at it" during the band introductions.

Closing night 1973 for me specially on after he mixed up suspicious minds and bridge over troubled water and tells em to ''Just stop it, let everything fall and just go to sleep for a minute'' or during love me tender ''I will help you all i can,coz i know your blind,adios your mother bye bye papa to oh the hell with the hilton hotel and its showroom to''

forgot to mention fever from that show where he just keeps up messing with myrna smith and JD Sumner haha

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

And in one version of "You gave me a mountain" he sings, "...Blamed for the loss of his eye..."

"StayFree maxi pads"

There's a tale I read in some book - probably Guralnick's - where Elvis and band had been booked at a hotel that was formerly very upscale, and presently not so much. He made Joe E. or someone from the MM to call around and find better accomodations. Finally one exasperated Hotel Clerk told Joe, "Look, don't you know that Elvis is in town?! You aren't gonna find any rooms anywhere!" This made Elvis crack up laughing, and it tickled me a lot, as well!

Just pretend, I'm holding you, and whispering things soft and low.
    And think of me, how it's gonna be and just pretend I didn't go

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lisarose View Post
    "StayFree maxi pads"

There's a tale I read in some book - probably Guralnick's - where Elvis and band had been booked at a hotel that was formerly very upscale, and presently not so much. He made Joe E. or someone from the MM to call around and find better accomodations. Finally one exasperated Hotel Clerk told Joe, "Look, don't you know that Elvis is in town?! You aren't gonna find any rooms anywhere!" This made Elvis crack up laughing, and it tickled me a lot, as well!
    Yes that was funny. The rooms didnt have air conditioning and Elvis loved it cold. The colonel knew the owner of the hotel and booked Elvis there to help the guy out. Thats the way I remember the story.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

International Level Nicole Presley's Avatar

I watched "Thatīs the way it is - The complete works" a few days ago and during the rehearsals, during a break, Charlie said to Elvis: "Mary in the morning has a brother named Tom" and Elvis said: "Tom in the morning?". Did anyone else see it?

"The ladies you met earlier in the show. I think they're fantastic- the Sweet Inspirations. They used to be called the crewcuts..."

"He's (JD Sumner) the lowest bass singer in the world. He's the original deep...throat....artist, singer"

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. My name is Bill Cosby, I'm a little lighter skinned than you thought I was..."

"What is that feedback, Felton? I’ve got a little humming sound, ye ye ye ye. You either fix it or I'll take your kidney away from ya."

During a recording session he said, "I'd like to hear a little from Charlie, very little!" Frickin funny. His sense of humor was infectious. Great thread gang!

TCB Mafia King Of The Whole World's Avatar

He had the BEST laugh I have ever heard. You can't help but laugh when he laughs.
    Love Elvis...The Greatest

RIP Tommy

Heart of Rome - I take a piss in every fountain!
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

Okay there are many one of my favorite one is from the bootleg, "cut me and I bleed". So Elvis is in the studio cutting a horrible song for a horrble movie, the name of the song is something like "In My Beachshack". So you can totally tell Elvis is rolling his eyes and thinks this song is beyond a joke but he still is doing his job and singing beautifully, but they get to a line where Elvis says,"What you think I am?" and the backup(Jordinaires?) sing,"Dum, de Dum de Dum,". Elvis looses it and can hardly get back on track, please everyone go to youtube and listen to this album for this alone, you will not regret it it is chock full of funny Elvis.

agree......great cd
    "NO-ONE, BUT NO-ONE,IS HIS EQUAL, OR EVER WILL BE. HE WAS, AND IS SUPREME".Mick Jagger

Gun Experience" with Elvis
    by Kathy Westmoreland

Just received a message re: Elvis and his guns. It reminded me of this little episode. Ahem.

This was my very first introduction to a gun in Elvis' hands. Am not sure of the date, 1970 or 71 in Vegas. We had decided to have breakfast in the dining room of the suite at the International/Hilton hotel, with the bodyguards because we had all had time off, and like any 'family' had much to discuss and catch up on. On this particular morning (remember...that would be about four p.m. for us) the table was a "jumble".Everyone was talking at once telling one another about their holidays, I was talking about what studio work I had been doing,and playing with my "just-awarded" National Champion show mare. Elvis was at the head of the table, I was just to his left.

Apparently Elvis wanted my attention or "order in the court", so he calmly said, "Listen to me". I was busy talking to Charlie at the opposite end and I guess I ignored him. He repeated, "Kathy, Listen to me!" I heard him, but...yes... guess I failed again, and this time he nudged my shoulder and yelled, "LISTEN TO ME!" Lord, I don't know why... but I continued to finish what Charlie and I had begun. Not a good idea.

(side note...I am laughing so hard as I type this I have tears in my eyes now).

As Elvis realized he wasn't getting through, he proceeded to reach down into his boot and pull out his little tiny derringer. He fired several shots into the ceiling. The guys responded immediately taking cover under the table as pieces of ceiling plaster fell all over our breakfasts. I don't know if I was just numb or just so used to Elvis' unpredictable behavior, but I just sat at the table and attempted to finish my breakfast while scraping the ceiling plaster from my plate and clothes. (Sure ruined my eggs and it was in my 'just-washed' hair). When the shooting finally ended the guys peeked their little eyes and heads over the edge of the table. I remember seeing Red West (eyes only) peering at me, so I calmly asked, "Red, will you please pass me the toast?" It was then that the recently "perturbed" Elvis broke out into hysterical laughter, which of course everyone joined in as they were feeling more comfortable.

As everyone climbed back carefully into their seats, Elvis began hollering "Kathy's got the nerves of steel here! Nothing, nothing shakes up Minnie Mouse here!" He continued laughing, howling, and then told that story for days.

He was the firstest with the mostest.

He was the firstest with the mostest.

"Your throat gets really dry in Las Vegas.. Feels like Bob Dylan slept in my mouth.."
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999022_359272057534723_1223625887_n.jpg

all the goons I left behind, memories still linger..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12