Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That's the way it is footage

Coming On Strong

That's the way it is footage

Do anyone of you know how much material there are from TTWII? Who owns them, and do they ever get released?
    I just saw the 12 hours dvd edition, where is this from?

Ttwii

The rumour is that the TTWII footage was stolen from MGM's vaults by a disgruntled employee, copied then returned. Don't know how true this is.

MGM has the entire filmed shows, plus plenty of backgound and miscellaneous footage. So there must be hours and hours of the stuff. I reckon the DVD set you mentioned has about half of what's available.

Too Much Monkey Business Jumpsuit Junkie's Avatar
    I also have some footage, a lot of it with no sound and a lot of it could do with professional or digital cleaning, same goes for the Elvis on Tour stuff.

Footage

I think the TTWII and On Tour footage looks a bit more exciting in its illegal DVD format, what with all the bleeps and blank footage. Makes me feel like I've stumbled onto something illegal ... which of course it is.

And everything is still watchable, despite it not being 100 per cent video/audio quality.

One day, EPE will release it all ... hopefully.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Even though much of the footage on the TTWII set is silent, its still great to watch. I remember when I first got a set of the "ttwii outtakes". It was like a had found a gold mine or something. Maybe one day EPE or MGM will come to their senses and release this stuff !!!!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

re elvis ttwii

the footage that came out 2 years ago came from a person/publisher of books, that had acess and viewed quite a bit of film, he was also given copies of film for his personal use, as he traded some of the footage with a fellow friend, the friend in return leaked the footage , and it has found it's way in the hands of thousands, this person also had numerous photos, negs ,stills of the documentaries, the person he traded with, will no longer be trusted, and screwed himself royaly, to the point that e.p.e. came down on him. There is only 4 hours of complete film to my knoledge, and some that is on 16 mm, the 12 hour has not yet surfaced.

International Level

Cool

Can you explain why EPE would come down on someone over footage they don't own, seeing as it is the property of Warner and has nothing to do with EPE?

Hence why we can't get an EOT Deluxe Edition until Warner decide.

Another tall tale I suspect.
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

Coming On Strong

Silent

What about the silent footage, is there footage with sound on it, or?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheif77 View Post
    Even though much of the footage on the TTWII set is silent, its still great to watch. I remember when I first got a set of the "ttwii outtakes". It was like a had found a gold mine or something.
    I had the same feeling, a chill ran down my back..... great stuff, it's great that there is still footage out there that still get the heart pumping!!!

It is not actually 12 hours - it is less. 4 times an angle of for example Polk Salad Annie is only about 5 minutes of film and not 20 minutes. It is great to see some songs that you have never seen (and there are lots of them), but is is not a great thing to watch time after time. A lot of the angle's are incomplete, and the bleeps are really annoying. But....if you are willing to learn a video-editing program and you have the outtakes you can make someting really worthwhile.

One of the songs in the footage is the live version of Stranger in the Crowd. Superb performance (you can find it on on youtube I guess).

International Level thehillbillycat's Avatar
    Maybe the reason why the footage may be slient is because the sound track may be damage so bad that they had to make it slience. That is a good chance that is why it is slience.

Backstage Pass
    Another idea would be to release the complete TTWII rehearsal sessions, i'm sure theres more of that

EPE owns the rights to Elvis' image so i think that's how they can lay claim to anything with elvis or his likeness in or on it.

International Level

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hounddog View Post
    EPE owns the rights to Elvis' image so i think that's how they can lay claim to anything with elvis or his likeness in or on it.
    EPE don't own TTWII or EOT footage. Warner do.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvislennon2004 View Post
    Maybe the reason why the footage may be slient is because the sound track may be damage so bad that they had to make it slience. That is a good chance that is why it is slience.

They were filming with or over 5 camera's and the sound on the dvd's seems to be recorded with the camera. You can see a lightmeter (or something like that) and the bleeps come along with that. I don't know if all camera's could record the sound though, that's maybe why some angle's are without sound or maybe some had only tape for filming while others had also tape to record the sound. I don't know exactly.

Maybe there's an expert here to shed some light on this..??

ttwii footage

i have seen the 12 hours of footage and a friend of mine has another 24 hours of it some of which i have but have not got round to watching

re epe

perfectly said houndog, unless you publish a book with storyline , documentary dvd , then they can not claim it as memrobillia, they have come down hard on others over the years , especially relating to film. The 12 hours of footage/dvd is a bit misleading with 4 0r 5 camera angles and versions of love me tender etc, The films were given to the person in this condition for a reason, this of course was not to see the light of day especially on an unnoficial release, be careful which one you buy there are 5 variations that i have and they all have bits a nd pieces in dodgy to good quality. Any time warner, bmg, paiamount want to release something they have to go through E.P.E first.

EPE doesn't own All rights Elvis Images , theyown is his Name and things they sale. Warner opwn TTWII and Elvis On Tour Stuff, what RCA Record, RCA own thoses, I have friend that have films from his Own Homemovies, He
    sales of Elvis. The EPE try too get rights of his film, they lost the court battle
    he lost rights he can sale stuff. he can sale things of his own flims he want too, it's have RCA Or EPE copyrights on it He can't. We know that.
    The Copy rights was made to stop people use the music in places that not right and sale came after that.
    we can copy music or movies for own used. we know that, there few them they don't know copyrights means, they think it's can't copy., it's long time i know the legal words for it.
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

International Level

Cool

Well said Poormansgold.

The notion that was sugested here that Warner have to go through EPE in order to release something is crazy.

EPE hound Warner to release material. Warner just don't think the time is right. However they were impressed with the success of The Aloha and 68' Comeback Deluxe Editions.

Quote Originally Posted by 0349054 View Post
    EPE hound Warner to release material. Warner just don't think the time is right. However they were impressed with the success of The Aloha and 68' Comeback Deluxe Editions.
    If the 30th Anniversary isn't a good enough reason for Warner then what will be?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast