Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elvis movie posters

Backstage Pass

Elvis movie posters

I love collecting original Elvis movie posters. Does anyone else? I'm aiming to have something from all films. I'm now at 25 of 33
    Here is an Australian daybill of Wild in the Country
    Rick

rick

If you have 25 already thats pretty Impressive Rick. I have only one, a reproduction print of the King Creole poster. Its not original or particularly worth anything but I still like it. Out of the 25 you have, which is your favorite?

I get a kick out of seeing your photo of that relatively tame movie Wild in the country that it says on it "not suitable for children". I always thought that the British and Aussie were less puritan about film then we are in America.

Backstage Pass
    Hi JDD

WITC is certainly a favourite. I've also got Loving You, which is my only 50s poster. I've just purchased a US one-sheet of Flaming Star and Stay Away Joe.
    I've got a Viva Las Vegas daybill not in great condition but also nice.
    I've had EOT and Loving You framed.
    And I saw someone yesterday who has original lobby cards of VLV and Blue Hawaii so i might be up for more money
    Rick
    rick

I've got lobby cards, a set of 8 from Charro, and one from Change of Habit and one from TTWIT.

Quote Originally Posted by rick View Post
    I love collecting original Elvis movie posters. Does anyone else? I'm aiming to have something from all films. I'm now at 25 of 33
    Here is an Australian daybill of Wild in the Country
    Rick

I'm curious...where did you find all of yours??

The only poster I have is with Kurt Russell in Elvis The Movie. I collected tin signs instead.

Diane

I only have the originally danish poster from Elvis on tour.
    [Royalties come and go....... But there is only one man we always call THE KING

Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    If you have 25 already thats pretty Impressive Rick. I have only one, a reproduction print of the King Creole poster. Its not original or particularly worth anything but I still like it. Out of the 25 you have, which is your favorite?

I get a kick out of seeing your photo of that relatively tame movie Wild in the country that it says on it "not suitable for children". I always thought that the British and Aussie were less puritan about film then we are in America.
    Why would it say "not suitable for children"?

Where does everyone get all these movie poster's from?

franny

Quote Originally Posted by franny View Post
    Why would it say "not suitable for children"?

Where does everyone get all these movie poster's from?

franny

I don't know where they are getting theirs from Franny but I know there are a lot of Movie poster and Movie Memorabilia auctions out there that you can get them. Not ebay but actual auctions they send you a catalog then you bid. Its a pricey hobby.

JD

i AS WELL HAVE A FEW ONE SHEET MOVE POSTER STARTING BUYING ON E-ABY JUST 4 YEARS A GO YOU COULD FIND THEM FOR UNDER $100.00 US BUT NOT NOW

TCB

I don't know where they are getting theirs from Franny but I know there are a lot of Movie poster and Movie Memorabilia auctions out there that you can get them. Not ebay but actual auctions they send you a catalog then you bid. Its a pricey hobby.

JD
    How do you find the catalogs and such to sign up for them? What is a "one-sheet" poster??

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    The only poster I have is with Kurt Russell in Elvis The Movie. I collected tin signs instead.

Diane
    Diane...what exactly is a tin sign??

Rosanne, some look like posters printed on tin. One is a black and white with the famous pic of Elvis at a piano and another on his motorcycle. You can find them on eBay under tin signs. I really like mine.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Rosanne, some look like posters printed on tin. One is a black and white with the famous pic of Elvis at a piano and another on his motorcycle. You can find them on eBay under tin signs. I really like mine.

Diane
    Thanks Diane! I think I'll have a look and see what I find..

Quote Originally Posted by utmom2008 View Post
    How do you find the catalogs and such to sign up for them? What is a "one-sheet" poster??

They probably just search on google. I know of one off the top of my head though is http://movieposters.ha.com/
    There are others too .
    You have to pay for it and the catalogs are like high quality, like books not like a Sears Catalog or something. Then you get a voucher that covers the cost after the first one you buy . I have seen Elvis stuff there and bid on it but I always get beat because I'm just not that serious about needing them . I just like looking at the auction books.

JD

With Elvis On Tour!!! Jungleroom76's Avatar
    I've always loved the movie posters, but so far have only collected 2 -- GIRL HAPPY and ELVIS ON TOUR!

TCB!
    Mike

P.S. That is a cool looking poster Rick...thanks for sharing it!

TCB-World...OPEN for business!!!

They probably just search on google. I know of one off the top of my head though is http://movieposters.ha.com/
    There are others too .
    You have to pay for it and the catalogs are like high quality, like books not like a Sears Catalog or something. Then you get a voucher that covers the cost after the first one you buy . I have seen Elvis stuff there and bid on it but I always get beat because I'm just not that serious about needing them . I just like looking at the auction books.

JD
    Thanks JD...I appreciate it.

I had Few Posters 25 years ago, One was Elvis On Tour, and This Is Elvis, I'm kicking myself I sold them or trade for LP's .
    Tom
    Take a look at you and me,,Are we too blind to see, Do we Simply turn our heads and look the other way.....(Line From "in The Ghetto")

Quote Originally Posted by poormansgold View Post
    I had Few Posters 25 years ago, One was Elvis On Tour, and This Is Elvis, I'm kicking myself I sold them or trade for LP's .
    Tom
    You should kick yourself Tom!! You should have held onto those..

I'm not big on movie posters, but I wouldn't mind owning the On Tour or TTWII. I always preferred watching Elvis on stage than in the movies.

Diane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast