Thread: Live

Live

Hi,

Just wondering how many of you guys saw Elvis live? And i must say i've always wondered what seeing him live was like?

I was 6 and a half or so when Elvis died and a true fan by then. And i also lived in Australia.

I know the videos are great but they can't do him justice, but it's a good substitute.

I saw Elvis live in concert three times. 1974, 1976 & 1977 at the Philadelphia Spectrum. It can only be described as a religous event. When Elvis took the stage you were truely mesmerized. You sat on the edge of your seat and never blinked an eye in fear of missing something. When the opening bars of Can't Help Fallin In Love began, you knew the end was near. You felt saddened and exausted at the same time. You knew when Elvis walked off that stage, he wasn't coming back for an encore. Now its time to leave the venue and while walking to your car, your smile returns and your energy level rises. You know you had just witnessed and had been in the presence of the King, and he had just performed especially for you.
    If your an Elvis fan, no explanation is necessary....
    If your not, no explanation is possible!

great reply, wish i had the chance to be in your shoes
    Old Times they are not forgotten
    Johan

Quote Originally Posted by RS277 View Post
    I saw Elvis live in concert three times. 1974, 1976 & 1977 at the Philadelphia Spectrum. It can only be described as a religous event. When Elvis took the stage you were truely mesmerized. You sat on the edge of your seat and never blinked an eye in fear of missing something. When the opening bars of Can't Help Fallin In Love began, you knew the end was near. You felt saddened and exausted at the same time. You knew when Elvis walked off that stage, he wasn't coming back for an encore. Now its time to leave the venue and while walking to your car, your smile returns and your energy level rises. You know you had just witnessed and had been in the presence of the King, and he had just performed especially for you.
    I'm so envious

I can feel so many strong emotions just watching a performance on TV...I can imagine what you felt in front of him.
    I'm sure those will be precious memories till the end of your life

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Great story !!

Would be dream to gave gotten the oppurtunity to seen Elvis in concert.
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

My dad saw him 3 times i saw him once.
    The first time my dad saw him was in Hawaii `72, the second time the famous Aloha special from Hawaii but only the January 13 show.
    The third time was with me in May 1` .77 in Chicago.

I really dont remember anything because i was 3 years old at that time but Elvis touched my forehead, my dad has a picture of me standing in the frontrow and Elvis is sitting on his knee, Elvis asked my dad : How old is he?
    My dad said 3 then Elvis is taking his hand and put it on my forhead and said : Keep up beeing so cute kid.

And i dont remember
    [Royalties come and go....... But there is only one man we always call THE KING

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Do you have the picture. If so, would you post it. Would love to see !!
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

I think i will get it when my dad dies I`ts hanging on his wall and he is so proud of it, i really think that it will be the first thing that he will save if the house was burning
    [Royalties come and go....... But there is only one man we always call THE KING

Thanks for sharing your story.....of the three shows you saw, what was your favourite?
    "Mr Dickman certainly can take care of himself."