Thread: Elvis Presley's Memphis.

Elvis Presley's Memphis.

Jim knows just about every Elvis related place in Memphis, and then some more! We spent a week in his large white ford touring the city back in June 2002. Jim introduced us to a great many people associated with Elvis and got us into places we normally would not have known about. Even a shooting range where yours truly put a dozen holes in a target with a .38 revolver!

Jim's history of Memphis covers a lot of ground starting as it does in the 1800, so after reading it we will know a lot of what Elvis learnt about his City of Choice.

Elvis Presley Blvd Unchained Melody's Avatar
    Very cool Maurice...sounds like it was a great trip .

Thanks for sharing it with us

Brad
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Thanks Brad, I'll add some more interesting photos later

It was an experience we will not forget. All we did was drive, day and night, boy did we cover some ground, and eat some steak! The Guinness in Silky Sullivan's on Beale Street was not the Real McCoy But the guys playing two grand pianos were a howl

Sounds like alot of fun

Something that I would definitely love to do !

Looking forward to seeing the pictures
    "How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

International Level

Cool

Browder? Just wondering if he's any relation to TG?
    The Sun Never Sets On A Legend...

Quote Originally Posted by 0349054 View Post
    Browder? Just wondering if he's any relation to TG?
    TG? Iv'e had a busy day in traffic.

[email protected] Ask Jim, the only relative of Jim that we met was his mother in Mississippi. She bought us all dinner at a nice little restaurant. We also visited her in her home.

Jim outside Becky Martin's home with an Irish flag sent to him by a fool in Ireland:-) One of Jim's Elvis rooms with photos he bought from Becky (RIP) and a nice painting of Elvis.

Becky's house is very close to Elvis's birthplace.
    Last edited by MauriceColgan; 12-22-2006 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Added photos.

Very cool stuff Maurice...really neat pictures !

It would be something amazing to actually visit Elvis' birthplace.

Brad

Thanks Brad, I may just post a few more photos. Over the years Jim has sent me quite an interesting selection.

Now we must face the Christmas traffic...again! When I was a boy Swords was just a little village, now it's a small city!!!