This new (2008) cd has ten duets with Elvis and several nowadays artists, and three bonus tracks, which are remixes.
Everything sounds just perfect. However, not everyone will be enjoying this the same way. They not simply made duets, but they also changed the music on all tracks. Some will like it, some won't.
And for some odd reason it's all female singers, EPE rejected f.i. a duet with Cliff Richard, and some other male singers.
01. Blue Christmas (with Martina McBride)
02. I'll Be Home For Christmas (with Carrie Underwood)
03. Here Comes Santa Claus (with Leann Rimes)
04. Santa Claus Is Back In Town (with Wynonna Judd)
05. Silent Night (with Sara Evans)
06. White Christmas (with Amy Grant)
07. Merry Christmas Baby (with Gretchen Wilson)
08. O Little Town Of Bethlehem (with Karen Fairchild / Kimberly Chapman)
09. Silver Bells (with Anne Murray)
10. O Come All Ye Faithful (with Olivia Newton John)
11. The First Noel (2008 remix)
12. If I Get Home On Christmas Day (2008 remix)
13. Winter Wonderland (2008 remix)
Originally released: 2008
Essential: not really, for some maybe.
I have this and I think it's okay, but they did change the music...I just think it could have been better.
I agree, Rene. It's not really essential. Actually, I didn't think about it, but right there's only female singers on it...wonder why they didn't consider to add Cliff Richard or even another male singer to it...:hmm:
I have this one and the sound is great.