Elvis At The Movies
I picked up this brand new SONY/BMG release yesterday and ran it through exact audio copy to see wich tracks are specially remastered for this release, and they went all the way with this release cause most tracks are remastered just for this release, see the tracklist: (* 2007 remaster)
1. Love Me Tender (2003 Sony Remaster)
2. Loving You (2003 Sony Remaster)
3. Jailhouse Rock (2003 Sony Remaster)
4. Treat Me Nice (2003 Sony Remaster)
5. Hard Headed Woman (2003 Sony Remaster)
6. King Creole (2003 Sony Remaster)
7. G.I. Blues (* At The Movies version)
8. Frankfort Special (* At The Movies version)
9. Flaming Star (* At The Movies version)
10. Lonely Man (* At The Movies version)
11. Can't Help Falling In Love (* At The Movies version)
12. Blue Hawaii (* At The Movies version)
13. Rock-A-Hula Baby (* At The Movies version)
14. Follow That Dream (2003 Sony Remaster)
15. King Of The Whole Wide World (2003 Sony Remaster)
16. Return To Sender (2003 Sony Remaster)
17. One Broken Heart For Sale (2003 Sony Remaster)
18. They Remind Me Too Much Of You (* At The Movies version)
19. Bossa Nova Baby (2003 Sony Remaster)
20. Viva Las Vegas (2003 Sony Remaster)
1. What'd I Say (* At The Movies version)
2. Kissin' Cousins (2003 Sony Remaster)
3. Little Egypt (* At The Movies version)
4. Do The Clam (* At The Movies version)
5. (Such An) Easy Question (* At The Movies version)
6. I'm Yours (* At The Movies version)
7. Shake That Tambourine (* At The Movies version)
8. Frankie And Johnny (* At The Movies version)
9. This Is My Heaven (* At The Movies version)
10. All That I Am (* At The Movies version)
11. I'll Be Back (* At The Movies version)
12. Long Legged Girl (With The Short Dress On) (* At The Movies version)
13. The Love Machine (* At The Movies version)
14. Clambake (* At The Movies version)
15. Let Yourself Go (* At The Movies version)
16. Stay Away (* At The Movies version)
17. A Little Less Conversation (* At The Movies version)
18. Charro! (* At The Movies version)
19. Clean Up Your Own Backyard (* At The Movies version)
20. Rubberneckin' (* At The Movies version)
The sound of these recent remastered songs are just awesome! Even if you are not a fan of the movie recordings (like me) you have to buy this 2 cd-set for the sound alone!! And another big plus is the cover-art...it looks soooooo nice, with a mini-poster, with some great liner-notes.
I was gonna pass on this one.However after reading your comments I have reconsiderd.
You won't regret it, JAK
It's a awesome (soundwise) CD, by sony/bmg.
Patrick thank you so much for this information,(y) I'm buying this one for sure.(y)
when it says, "At The Movies version" does it mean it's the exact version from the Movie?
No, it just means the newly remastered Sony/BMG 2007 Master recordings.
Originally Posted by TCBnAflash
Thanks, for the great review & clarification! I was wondering about the differences since I own the Command Performances Essential 60's . I wish it included other songs like House That has Everything or Because of Love. It does have one of my favorites, though - "All That I Am"
This does sound interesting, might have to get it.
I've bought and played this. The sound is great. Buy it!
What I Say from VLV is a great listen. I used to hate the fact it was so flat but it comes alive on this CD. The best track in Tickle Me is Put The Blame On Me and they should have used it instead of the two used on tis album. Oh well.
Clean Up Your Own Back Yard is one of my favourite Elvis songs and it sounds the best I've heard here.
A great buy. Glad I bought it.
Trelane, your avatar is awesome !!!
Thanks King Creole.
I've actually got a Fender pink paisley telecaster (reissue) like the one in the picture. It's one funky sounding guitar.
Your welcome Trelane ...
Originally Posted by Trelane P
I own a Fender pink paisley "strat" and it's also one funky sounding guitar !
The Elvis At The Movies 2 cd set is quite attractive and the sonic quality of these beloved movie gems, (all remastered in DSD), have never sounded better.
I just can't figure out how people can judge and criticise a product without actually purchasing it and then making a sensible and educated reply ...
And so it goes with certain biased misguided characters who actually call themselves Elvis fans ...